[APP][2008/12/01 v0.5.1] G-Light: save some battery...

Search This thread

TheMostToys

Aug 23, 2007
Austin
Great program

ageye,

I just sent you a few cups of coffee.

My settings are:
1) 0,24
2) 25,59
3) 60,140
4) 141,200
5) 201,250
6) 251,300
7) 301,360
8) 361,449
9) 450,600
10) 600,1000

I'll continue to play with my settings as I think they cause the brightness to hunt a little too much.

One observation that I have not seen mentioned yet is that "GLightRunner.exe" is taking 2.5% of the cpu. That is not a lot, but it's little higher than I would expect.

Thank you for your efforts.

TheMostToys

Aug 23, 2007
Austin
Does not work after soft reset

After a soft reset G-Light does not function.

The GLightRunner.exe program is started (the process is running after soft reset) and if I start the GLite configurator the light sensor is responding, but the brightness does not change.

If I try to disable (and press save), the exit soft button no longer responds. I can click on "ok" to close but when I restart it still shows as enabled.

If I Kill the GLightRunner.exe process and restart GLight configuration, it starts working again.

tnyynt

Retired Senior Moderator
Jun 18, 2007

The GLightRunner.exe program is started (the process is running after soft reset) and if I start the GLite configurator the light sensor is responding, but the brightness does not change.

If I try to disable (and press save), the exit soft button no longer responds. I can click on "ok" to close but when I restart it still shows as enabled.

If I Kill the GLightRunner.exe process and restart GLight configuration, it starts working again.

Same here!
Killed the process with Task Manager and then ran G-Light, everything is fine now... untill soft reset.

aBE-One

Sep 6, 2008
I'm getting a solid 0.00 % CPU usage for the "GLightRunner.exe" process. Well, at times it does go up to 0.08 % but that's it. I've set the update interval to 5000 ms, maybe that makes the difference?

lindalinda

Apr 3, 2007
new idea

is possible to have a costumization for each program like GSen?
when I need to use pLamp in a dark room my display is too dark with the automatic light control

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de

Same here!
Killed the process with Task Manager and then ran G-Light, everything is fine now... untill soft reset.

this is really strange... I can't even reproduce this error! That makes it pretty difficult for me.
I will see what I can do...

Lycox

Oct 28, 2005
Redmi Note 10 Pro
is possible to have a costumization for each program like GSen?
when I need to use pLamp in a dark room my display is too dark with the automatic light control

I thought about the same. Some apps needs more light than others. Like pLamp or TomTom (normally connected to AC when running). So, how about an exception list for G-Light or a list where you can specify the backlight level for an app?

THIS IS A FEATURE REQUEST :D :D :D

yoohoo

Sep 5, 2008
Hi guys, if u r upgrading to v0.2, make sure u uninstall the earlier version and do a soft reset to clear the remnants of the prev version.
I encountered the similar prob whereby the metering of the light level was correct but the backlight remained unchange.

Gebgebee

Jul 15, 2008
Hello,

I would like to use this tool but I have an error when I launched G-Light.
The message says that I need an other version of .NET Compact Framework from Microsoft but according to me I have the last version... (no update possible in windows update and when I try to install this file: net-compact-framework_net_cf_2.0_sp2_pocket_pc_smartphone_.cab_anglais_11451.cab, windows says that I have the last version).

Does anyone know the solution? Thanks for help

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Hello,

I would like to use this tool but I have an error when I launched G-Light.
The message says that I need an other version of .NET Compact Framework from Microsoft but according to me I have the last version... (no update possible in windows update and when I try to install this file: net-compact-framework_net_cf_2.0_sp2_pocket_pc_smartphone_.cab_anglais_11451.cab, windows says that I have the last version).

Does anyone know the solution? Thanks for help

try these links:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6b-356b-4a2c-857c-e62f50ae9a55&displaylang=de

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=de

Gebgebee

Jul 15, 2008
Thank you for this quick help. It works fine with the 3.5 version. (I think I have downloaded the 2.0 before).

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
[FR] App-specific settings

I thought about the same. Some apps needs more light than others. Like pLamp or TomTom (normally connected to AC when running). So, how about an exception list for G-Light or a list where you can specify the backlight level for an app?

I concur, app-specific settings would be a great feature!

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
Still problems with v0.2 not updating

Hi guys, if u r upgrading to v0.2, make sure u uninstall the earlier version and do a soft reset to clear the remnants of the prev version.
I encountered the similar prob whereby the metering of the light level was correct but the backlight remained unchange.

Well, it sounded good, but I uninstalled v0.1 and did a SR before installing v0.2 but the problem remains where G-Light isn't updating on my Touch Pro.

My settings are:

1 [0 15]
2 [16 30]
3 [31 100]
4 [101 200]
5 [201 300]
6 [301 400]
7 [401 500]
8 [501 600]
9 [601 700]
10 [701 1000]

with a refresh rate of 2500ms

Back to the built-in auto-adjustment until v0.3 comes out. :(

Last edited:

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Well, it sounded good, but I uninstalled v0.1 and did a SR before installing v0.2 but the problem remains where G-Light isn't updating on my Touch Pro.

My settings are:

1 [0 15]
2 [16 30]
3 [31 100]
4 [101 200]
5 [201 300]
6 [301 400]
7 [401 500]
8 [501 600]
9 [601 700]
10 [700 1000]

with a refresh rate of 2500ms

Back to the built-in auto-adjustment until v0.3 comes out. :(

Try this:
Uninstall G-Light
Delete \Program Files\ageye\G-Light
install G-Light 0.2

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
[FRs] Alternative display of settings / Make G-Light a Control Panel

In anticipation of ageye fixing the current problem I'm having with G-Light v0.2, here's a feature request for v0.3. ;)

Instead of having to select each backlight level to adjust (and view) the current setting limits, I'd like to see all 10 levels and lower/upper limits at once to make it easier to adjust. Each level could maybe also have a disable checkbox to grey out the limits for that level.

I'd like to have the 'Current backlight level' displayed next to the 'Current light sensor level' so we can verify it's working as desired as well as making it easier to configure the settings and make adjustments as necessary.

Also, having used some of no2chem's utilities, like nueMassStorage (which is thankfully now natively supported on my Touch Pro), I really liked how they were made into Control Panels and therefore resided in the Settings area instead of Programs. Since G-Light is a replacement for the built-in backlight auto-adjustment tool, it seems only natural that G-Light should be a Control Panel in the Settings area too. Not sure what's involved in doing this vs. a standard app, but I thought it might be something to look at.

Looking forward to the next release and also sent you a small donation to show my support...

Last edited:

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
Try this:
Uninstall G-Light
Delete \Program Files\ageye\G-Light
install G-Light 0.2

Thanks, but that didn't work either. :(

While the settings.xml file is left behind in the G-Light directory after the uninstall, it doesn't seem to matter. I've confirmed that my new settings are being saved (see the attached file), they're just not being used by the program for some reason?

Attachments

• settings.zip
    264 bytes · Views: 28

itoYo

Apr 4, 2007
ASDA
thanks for developing this app ageye ! its pretty good!

can i make just one reccomendation for the future, please include an window exclusion list so that your back light app stops working, say when the camera is on for eg!

i find the camera in darker ambient light quit hard to use ,its crap any way, but a dim back light in a dim environment just aint working!

once again thanks for your effort

i hope you can incorporate this

kirileman

Apr 24, 2005
There is a problem. If the external light changes, therefore the backlight changes as well, the screen cannot be turned off. There is a problem with backlight dim as well. The program doesn't allow it to be turned off. It tries to dim but the program brings it on again instantly (it wont happen if you are in a dark area of course). And the screen stays on for ever after that.