[Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1

Search This thread

leonux

Apr 2, 2008
You solved the problem of the triangle and exclamation point?

If yes please exlplain the steps because i didnt understand what u did...

Thanks

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
i have tested an arabic patch intended for Cyanogen ROM to enable Arabic on device , and afterwards i tried to recover to a previous point ( right before updating ) from nandroid backup. but i constantly get
Error : run 'nandroid-mobile-sh restore' via adb !
when i try any previous backup. any ideas why is that?
if so , can i recover to previous point by using adb command? if so , how ?
regards

Is your battery getting low? I have seen these script recovery errors when the battery is run down. Charge it up and try again. The nandroid-mobile.sh command can be run from the PC while your phone is in RECOVERY. While in RECOVERY, there are shell scripts written to the /sbin directory. These are deleted when you reboot, however, they are created again each time you enter RECOVERY.

My guess is your RECOVERY image is fine, and you should try again either while the USB cable is plugged in or at least ensure your battery is fully charged.

shivers316

Mar 17, 2006
Ridgefield Park
You solved the problem of the triangle and exclamation point?

If yes please exlplain the steps because i didnt understand what u did...

Thanks

I just used the adb instructions from the other threads...

Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img to the root of your sdcard
Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...
adb shell
$su (not required if you have root already)
#mount -a
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-1.5.3.img

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
I also have the same problem. Brand new phone.
1- made OTA update ERE27
2- unlocked bootloader (confirmed by the lock image)
3- flashed recovery recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img with sucess
4- when booting to recovery with VOL-DOWN + POWER then select recovery with POWER
5- Shows the triangle with exclamation point

Any sugestions?

If the triangle with exclamation is showing when selecting RECOVERY from HBOOT, then flashing the recovery partition failed. In point 3 you say "success" but I take that to mean it did not report any errors during flashing. Try it again with Fastboot. You can initiate recovery from ADB. With the phone connected to the PC type:
Code:
ADB devices
ADB reboot recovery
Your phone will reboot into the custom recovery if it was successfully flashed.

If not, then restart the phone into FASTBOOT by holding the TRACKBALL+POWER. Confirm the recovery file you downloaded is able to run:
Code:
Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img
If this works, then repeat the step to restart the phone, and then flash the recovery image to the phone to make it permanent.
Code:
Fastboot flash recovery recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img

These steps assume either your SDK tools are set properly in the environment path so you can execute them from any command prompt location or fastboot and the img file to flash are in the same directory.

Last edited:

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Any chance we'll ever see those ext tools put back in ?

~enom~

+1. Bart and the other tools are sorely needed. I know you are against a2sd for some reason but I very quickly ran out of space on the N1 and had to run a2sd to cope. The internal storage on the N1 is abysmal, particularly as compared with the rest of the device and with even with a marginal number of apps, especially games, the N1's internal storage quickly depletes.

Thanks. I love your work Amon_RA but bart in the N1 recovery would make it absolutely perfect.

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Does partitioning the SD card allow me to save apps to the SD card? If it does...how do I set it to do so? I'm already rooted...got the backup...and beta 2 of cyanogen's rom. I'm also a first timer (Android, Rooting, Touch Phone, etc.). =)

No, you'll need to install apps2sd.

Whenever I run the recovery, I just get the Android with the exclamation point.

The android with the exclamation point is the default nexus recovery, seeing this means that you failed to install this recovery.

How to do a manual ADB nandroid restore... the recovery says i have to to restore my nandroid backup :(

Check the recovery log file for details on why the restore failed.
Use the "move log to sd" option in the recovery menu.
Without log file we can't know what went wrong.

Error : run 'nandroid-mobile-sh restore' via adb !
when i try any previous backup. any ideas why is that?

Check the recovery log file for details on why the restore failed.
Use the "move log to sd" option in the recovery menu.
Without log file we can't know what went wrong.

Guys, how to apply latest nexus one update to the rooted phone with RA 1.5.3?

Nexus is rooted and unlocked (so the open lock is being displayed during boot)

I am stuck with verification error, there are some different stuff about this one can google, but no algorithm how to do it.

I've downloaded it, renamed to the update zip.
It is 100% not corrupted, I can open it with ASTRO.
Poweroff
PowerOn - with - trackball
Select recovery
Than something happends and I got to RA's Recovery screen, and if i go to flash zip from card it gives
E:No signature (208 files)
E:Verification failed

I know the answer somewhere on this forum, but I've spent almost an hour in search without any success.
Can anyone help?

You CANT apply an official patch on a custom rom with a custom recovery...

official patch/ota update => official recovery and rom
custom patch/custom update => custom recovery and rom

The official OTA patch will try to patch the recovery, since you don't have the official recovery it will fail and the whole update will fail.

The official OTA patch will probably also require release-keys which are not used by my recovery, only test-keys are included (so we can flash custom roms).

king_dani

Feb 5, 2006
Philly,PA
www.danieljafari.com
call me crazy, but this morning i used the restore option and it worked flawlessly . still baffled as why the same problem existed last night and not now . i used 2 different restore files , 4 days apart from each other , so it could not have been the files.my only logical explanation is that last night battery indicator was orange , but it's fully charged today. does battery level affects program behavior Amon RA?
regards

correction : the update went ok , but after reboot , the animation is playing continuously for 10 minutes now , i guess there is something wrong. damn!

Last edited:

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
How does this recovery name the backups? What format? It looks like to me that it puts year/month/day...and I think Time? If so...it's not getting it correct. Does it put the most recent backup at the bottom of the list?

Legaleye3000

Nov 27, 2009
Please Help:

I flashed the recovery image after unlocking the bootloader. I get the exclamation point.

I'm typing, "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img" and it says "sending recovery" and "writing recovery" and then it says "okay."

I then, on the phone, click on "bootloader," and then "recovery." That's when I get the exclamation... Please help. Thank you.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Please Help:

I flashed the recovery image after unlocking the bootloader. I get the exclamation point.

I'm typing, "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img" and it says "sending recovery" and "writing recovery" and then it says "okay."

I then, on the phone, click on "bootloader," and then "recovery." That's when I get the exclamation... Please help. Thank you.

Are you holding the Volume Down key while turning on the phone? If not...that's what you do. Then you press Volume Down key to highlight recovery...then press the Power Button.

simonxda

May 11, 2005
If you zoom in and out of Google Map and feel the lag on 3G transfer.
Switch back to the old radio. Mine works great on google map and browser after downgrading the radio. :)

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
Please Help:

Curious if you restarted the phone after flashing the recovery or did you just try to enter recovery from the bootloader? A reboot might clear up your problem. Have you tried entering Recovery by calling it from ADB? With your phone connected to your computer, open a command prompt and ensure ADB can see your phone.
Code:
ADB devices
ADB reboot recovery
This will restart your phone with the loaded recovery image. If your recovery image was flashed correctly, it will then be displayed.

Last edited:

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
How does this recovery name the backups? What format? It looks like to me that it puts year/month/day...and I think Time? If so...it's not getting it correct. Does it put the most recent backup at the bottom of the list?

Yes, the backup's are created with a title ending in Y/M/D/T - with time showing in GMT. At least that is how it works for me here in China. I am +8 hours ahead of GMT. I just set my locale to English US and turned off Automatic Time. Set the timezone to GMT -5 (East coast). Nandroid backup still lists the backup time as GMT. They should be sorted by date/time with the latest at the end.

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Yes, the backup's are created with a title ending in Y/M/D/T - with time showing in GMT. At least that is how it works for me here in China. I am +8 hours ahead of GMT. I just set my locale to English US and turned off Automatic Time. Set the timezone to GMT -5 (East coast). Nandroid backup still lists the backup time as GMT. They should be sorted by date/time with the latest at the end.

Nandroid uses the "date" command :
TIMESTAMP="`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M`"

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
Curious if you restarted the phone after flashing the recovery or did you just try to enter recovery from the bootloader? A reboot might clear up your problem. Have you tried entering Recovery by calling it from ADB? With your phone connected to your computer, open a command prompt and ensure ADB can see your phone.
Code:
ADB devices
ADB reboot recovery
This will restart your phone with the loaded recovery image. If your recovery image was flashed correctly, it will then be displayed.

I have the same problem. Although I am not a newbie on my G1 anymore, I am at the end on my nexus.

I have fastboot and sdk in the same path. Unlock OEM worked flawless (at least I think so). bootloader displays "unlocked". When I want to flash Amon-RAs recovery, (fastboot flash. ..) I get an o.k., but it seems it didn't work anyway. Nothing happens on the phone. When I want to enter recovery (either from bootloader or from hardware buttons), I see the exclamation mark with the android.

I can enter the recovery only from "fastboot boot ...", I can't enter with the hardware buttons.

entering recovery via fastboot boot ... nandroid Backup works (restore too). Flashing cyanogen 5.b4 ... bootloop! (repeating nexus x animation).

additional info: I formatted my sd before inserting in my nexus, but with a swap and an ext3 partition.

adb doesn't find my nexus . Adb devices shows an empty list. fastboot devices shows my nexus ???!?

Heeeeeelp!

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
I am one step further.

after 1000 times installing the sdk and drivers and downloading the recovery.img from different sources and double checking the spelling of the fastboot commands ...

recovery is installed now. But can't install cyanogen (bootloop) but this is a story for another thread ...

jihoonc

Aug 21, 2009
Yay, finally installed RA-nexus-v1.5.3 on ERE27 nexus one!

Yes. I've successfully installed RA-nexus-v1.5.3 on a brand new vanilla nexus-one with ERE27 OTA update. (No more exclamation mark !)

Steps I took.
1) copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img to root of your sdcard.
2) boot into fastboot mode (trackball + power)
3) 'Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img' (this will boot with Amon-Ra's recovery, but it's not flashed yet.)
3) While in Amon-ra's recovery, do what shivers316 says,
adb shell
$su (not required if you have root already)
#mount -a
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img

Hope this helps.

commandercup

Feb 14, 2008
I can't flash the image onto my phone... initially it said it was fine, but then I booted into the bootloader and then recovery and got the android with exclamation point.

Afterwards I booted using "fastboot boot recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img" and finished updating and rooting my phone. Now when I try to flash it again, it says "unknown partition 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img'

Help? Thanks!

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Yes. I've successfully installed RA-nexus-v1.5.3 on a brand new vanilla nexus-one with ERE27 OTA update. (No more exclamation mark !)

Steps I took.
1) copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img to root of your sdcard.
2) boot into fastboot mode (trackball + power)
3) 'Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img' (this will boot with Amon-Ra's recovery, but it's not flashed yet.)
3) While in Amon-ra's recovery, do what shivers316 says,

Hope this helps.

Thanks man doing it this way worked for me. took me forever to get this after all the problems the recovery would not flash but flashing it in adb shell worked. thanks again

Edit: I wanted to add that for some reason it flashes the recovery. since after it flashes the recovery for me i do a reboot recovery when i am in adb shell and i end up in RA recovery. The one thing i did see that i still had stock rom on and when i rebooted the phone without flashing a custom rom going back into the stock rom for some reason it flashed the stock recovery back. Once i flashed a custom rom this went away and the RA recovery stayed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

This recovery is for the HTC Nexus One only, if you have a :
    - HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
    - HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here.
    - HTC Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Eris you should go here.
    - HTC Tattoo you should go here.

Important notes
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

Features

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items. Use the Volume-down key to go back to a previous menu.

Features
    • full ADB access in recovery mode
    • Alternative CM and JF version
    • Busybox v1.15.3
    • Kernel (2.6.35.7) with ext3 + ext4 support
    • SLCD and AMOLED support
    • HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
    • Extended menu :
      • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
      • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
      • Backup/Restore
        • Nand backup :: Make a selective Nandroid backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nandroid backup
        • Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
        • Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
      • Flash zip from sdcard.
        • Choose zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcard
        • Toggle signature verification :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.
      • Wipe
        • Wipe ALL data/factory reset :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
        • Wipe /data :: wipes /data.
        • Wipe /cache :: wipes /cache.
        • Wipe /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
        • Wipe /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
        • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
        • Wipe battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
        • Wipe rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
      • Partition sdcard
        • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
        • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
        • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
        • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
      • Mounts
        • (Un)Mount /system
        • (Un)Mount /cache
        • (Un)Mount /data
        • (Un)Mount /sd-ext
        • (Un)Mount /sdcard
      • Other
        • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
        • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
      • Power off :: Powers off your phone
    • Scripts available via adb :

Install

Pre-Requirements :
    • Root
    • Make sure that init.rc isn't calling any install-recovery.sh script, otherwise you'll boot back to stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android). More info on this here.

via Rom Manager
    1. Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
    2. Start "Rom Manager"
    3. Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
    4. Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.

via fastboot
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)
    fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img

via terminal app
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    su(press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img(press enter)
    reboot recovery(press enter)

How to boot in Recovery Mode

1. Boot the phone while holding down the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
    2. Navigate to RECOVERY with the the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
    3. Press the POWER-key to select.

Download

ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.

Latest version :

Previous versions :

Change-log :

v2.2.1
    • Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
    • Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
    • Added/updated error/warning messages.

v2.1.1
    • Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!

v2.1.0
    • Reduced recovery size by 800kb so it fits any hboot version to date :
      • Set Kernel compression mode to LZMA (33% smaller kernel)
      • Switched kernel debugging off
      • Removed : Networking support - Bluetooth subsystem support
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - AKM8973 Compass Driver
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - A1026 Voice Processor Driver
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Multimedia support
      • Removed : Device Drivers - MSM 3D Graphics driver for Adreno class GPU's
    • Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
    • Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
    • Re-ordered the wipe menu.

v2.0.0
    Some things in v2.0.0 were kanged with a twist from the Clockworkmod recovery.
    • Updated kernel to 2.6.35 (SLCD and AMOLED are now both supported).
    • Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
    • Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
    • Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
    • Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
    • Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
    • Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
    • Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
    • Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.

Special thanks to :
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for all his recovery work ^^
    • Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
    • Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • Bkmo for his utility script!
    • Devsk for his switchrom script!
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART :D
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    • http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
    [Recovery] [27-Dec-2010] RA-nexus-v2.1.1

Reserved for future use
    The site is down! Can someone upload the file again??

See attachment
    updated to v2.2.1

Change-log :

v2.2.1
    • Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
    • Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
    • Added/updated error/warning messages.
    updated to v2.1.1

Changelog : v2.1.1
    • Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!