Xposed Issues

Search This thread

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
I love using Wanam Xposed along with the extra power the Xposed framework gives to Greenify but I found an issue with it on the S5. When you install the framework S Health no longer works. Anyone else find this or is it just my S5?

ex-28

I love using Wanam Xposed along with the extra power the Xposed framework gives to Greenify but I found an issue with it on the S5. When you install the framework S Health no longer works. Anyone else find this or is it just my S5?

im also having the same problem , try posting on there thread and see if you can get anyhelp

this is my log file for the error when s health crashes

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401

Attachments

• Logcat.S5.G900W.Shealth.crash.rar
    94.2 KB · Views: 10

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
The problem has something to do with disabling knox after rooting. If you do not disable knox, s-health seems to be ok, but after disabling it, it has issues. Some people have restored, rerooted, keeping knox and resolved the issue.

ex-28

The problem has something to do with disabling knox after rooting. If you do not disable knox, s-health seems to be ok, but after disabling it, it has issues. Some people have restored, rerooted, keeping knox and resolved the issue.

happen to have a link to thread where users have done the above looking for a bit more info on this.
far I knew knew there was no way to root and recovery without tripping knox

Last edited:

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
Tripping the Knox flag us not the issue, the issue us when you disable know in #su afterwards. You can root and keep Knox running and it eliminates these issues

happen to have a link to thread where users have done the above looking for a bit more info on this.
far I knew knew there was no way to root and recovery without tripping knox

ex-28

Tripping the Knox flag is not the issue, the issue us when you disable knox in #su afterwards. You can root and keep Knox running and it eliminates these issues

I used Chainfire's root and don't remember disabling Knox.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696537

Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!

maybe i'm reading what other post said key word "disable"

I never disabled knox but did trip the flag

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
Pretty much any rooting method to date or any unsecured bootloader will trip the Knox flag. If you don't want to trip the flag, you're going to have to stay bone stock. There's a difference in tripping the flag and disabling the Knox software. When you root and choose to disable Knox, that's when people have issues with some Sammy apps

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Y.G.

Jul 14, 2012
I'm trying to understand... are people disabling Knox themselves before/after they install Xposed, or is Xposed disabling Knox automatically?

ex-28

Pretty much any rooting method to date or any unsecured bootloader will trip the Knox flag. If you don't want to trip the flag, you're going to have to stay bone stock. There's a difference in tripping the flag and disabling the Knox software. When you root and choose to disable Knox, that's when people have issues with some Sammy apps

can you explain this more please you stated that some people are restoring and rerooting and keeping knox enabled then s health works fine. but searching the forums I am unable to find any reference to this or how to do this.;

would also like to know a way to tell if knox is enabled or disabled , I know my knox flag is tripped but far as I know I never disabled it , if that's the case then if knox is the issue then my s health should be working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

maybe a better question is this

risestar2 are you rooted with recovery and have xposed installed with s health working fine ? on the galaxy s5

ex-28

Surely the big question is what is Xposed doing that stops it working as it works fine until I install Xposed.

would like to know as well :)

mine works fine even after installing xposed ,its when you install the framework in xposed that makes s health crash as if I uninstall the framework from within xposed and reboot , s health is fine again , I took my logcat files and have posted them but no luck form anyone yet

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
I'll try to find the thread, but essentially it's this.

You root your phone using one of the 2 preferred methods, both of which trigger your one time Knox flag.

Installing root installs the #su app. Upon starting this for the first time, you should be prompted that Knox is running, do you want to disable? Yes/No.

People that choose yes are having difficulty using some Sammy apps, including so health and private mode. People that don't disable Knox are not having these issues.

You may be able to re-enable Knox in #su, or your best bet is factory restore and then reroot and choose not to disable Knox (root and everything still works fine)

You can troubleshoot it by Uninstalling all xposed framework and modules and testing all Sammy apps. If they work fine then the issue is a compatibility issue with xposed or xposed and another app or modification. If they don't work with xposed Uninstaller then the issue is likely Knox related and you likely need to re-enable Knox.

The Knox flag is a one time flag, not a counter so once it's tripped, it's tripped (e-fuse) and it doesn't really matter what you do afterwards. You can load a hundred different rooms and it will still be 0x1 Knox warranty void.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have posted in the Xposed forum so will see if I get anywhere.
    Hmm I did have a reply but tapatalk wasn't showing there being one. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2725405
    I had the same exact issue, I'm on stock tmobile rom rooted odex. I'm running Art and using AEL kernel. When S health force closed I uninstalled xposed framework, rebooted and it worked fine. I flashed the new kernel, rebooted and installed xposed framework again. I then ran TB restore fixer, opened up S health and all is well. No fc or problems. I stated what I did not really thinking that anything other than TB restore fixer was responsible for the fix but thats because it has worked for me so many times b4 on various apps. I've been using it since I got my s4 and now on my s5. I nwver reboot after running TB restore fixer because it doesn't require it per the app. Sorry it didn't work for you. Each phone reacts different. Best wishes. I hope u find a solution.

Possibly something at the kernel level then. I'm waiting on some better kernels before changing mine. Hopefully Boeffla will get an S5.
    ok playing around and doing some testing here , I also wanted to get the new build AND1 I was on ANCA (rogers G900W8 )

so I fired up kies and let it do the firmware update it rebooted device and all apps settings ect were left intact . (superuser not installed but icon present)

it removed rooted and twrp recovery and knox is still tripped at 0x1

opened s health and its working.

I rooted again using CF-Auto-Root-kltecan-kltevl-smg900w8.tar.md5 with odin

s health opens fine and working.

opened up xposed and installed the framework (I still don't have twrp installed yet) and rebooted at this point I can already tell s health wont work as its taking 45 seconds to pop up connected to my wifi and for my wether widget to load

opened up s health and it hangs then says s health isn't responding do you want to close it.

so ... exact same results as before soon as framework is installed it's finished.

now im off to flash twrp and bang my head on the table.... arugg need my xposed.. :(

After a few trial and error experience I determined that the kernel is the problem. The stock kernel of the s5 isn't as user modification friendly as it was on the s4. I flashed a different kernel and xposed framework works just fine. Just an FYI for anyone looking to flash a kernel other than stock right now and use the SE Linux enforcing app it will definitely cause you to lose root. So as long as you have a back up you will be fine. Good luck to any who are having issues. I defiantly sympathize. ?