Excessive Battery Drain on Airplane Mode

Search This thread

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
My Infuse 4G is always on Airplane Mode with Wifi turned on. I use it as a secondary device and like an iPod Touch/Media Player. However, even if Airplane Mode is on, the number one drainer of battery is Cell Standby at like 60-70%. Also, the phone never enters deep sleep and Android OS constantly keeps the device awake. As a result, from a 100%, the phone is dead within 8 hours. There has got to be some sort of fix for this. I'm running the latest Beanstalk 4.4.285.

P.S. I have entered AppOpps and denied the permissions to wake up and stay awake to the following apps: Google Search, Google Play Services and Android System.

Try rebooting. A custom launcher may be a culprit! Apex Nova Go are reliable! Do a clean flash again!
There must be an app which is running in background! Try deleting a recently installed app, try clearing cache of google+. Try uninstalling anti viruses which are useless in a phone. Install an app called Greenify in Play Store. Greenify most of your installed apps with it. It really boost battery life.
Change governor in performance to either Interactive or OnDemand.

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
And if you want, go into phone info (by dialing *#*#4636*#*#) scroll down to the button that says turn radio off, and that keeps the cell radio off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Free mobile app

scmfxt

Jun 10, 2014
Apple Valley
Some apps are not properly closed out when you exited it. I had to force close some of them. Not sure if this is happening with other people. Go into: Settings > Applications > Manage applications or Running services open apps that you recently open/closed. If Force stop light up it mean the app still running. I'm aware that some apps remain running due to user setup for it to check for update. The app I'm referring to shouldn't since update is turned off or in manual update mode.

bmiles

Mar 29, 2014
Bump +

I have pretty much run out of options. I have no idea why my battery drains even in airplane mode. Supposedly it is because of "cell standby".

EDIT: If I can solve this issue, I can put my Infuse to good use again. Unfortunately, I can't use a phone for anything if its battery dies in 8 hours while idling in airplane mode.

Same here~ i just bought an 3.7V 3500mAh Li-ion extended battery off of amazon for under $10 and since the original is 1750 mAh battery im hoping it is going to do some noticable good. Nonetheless, the problem still remains so please if you (or anyone) should discover any breakthroughs than SHARE with us too... please! Thank you kindly <3

velizarcho123

Oct 7, 2014
Try rebooting, it will help. Try force stop and disable the both "Google Search" apps in app manager (first maybe called "Google App" if you updated it). Guys please keep me updated with this because I'm so confused. It is so stupid and without any kind of tiny logic for the battery drain on AIRPLANE mode that turns off all radios and waves............