Selinux permissive

Search This thread
Hey xda I'm looking for a kernel for PAC Man ROM that is selinux permissive to enable touch screen compatibility with my appradio 3. I've tried the selinux mode changer but it doesn't seem to do any thing except set a notification that it set selinux to permissive.

Abby suggestions it there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
Hey xda I'm looking for a kernel for PAC Man ROM that is selinux permissive to enable touch screen compatibility with my appradio 3. I've tried the selinux mode changer but it doesn't seem to do any thing except set a notification that it set selinux to permissive.

Abby suggestions it there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Have you made sure that it doesn't change anything, you can check the selinux status under Settings>About Phone. I personally have never had this problem. also can you tell me why you need to change it to permissive.

SeLinux Permissive

Have you made sure that it doesn't change anything, you can check the selinux status under Settings>About Phone. I personally have never had this problem. also can you tell me why you need to change it to permissive.

Thanks for your reply. What I mean about nothing changes is when I check the status in settings>about phone after setting permissive mode with the selinux mode changer app and rebooting like it requests it still says enforceing. as to why I want to change it, I said before I am trying to get the touch interface to work on my pioneer appradio 3 head unit. I can mirror but touch doesn't work on the head unit. I have read in the appradio forum that you have to set SeLinux to permissive in order to accomplish this. I was hoping that some one with knowledge of custom kernels would be able to shed some light on this since it seems that Pac Man is set to enforcing by default. Also I have read that other kernels for other devices had the permissive mode set. I am so close to having this functionality it is getting frustrating, but I like the features that pac man brings to the table so I don't really want to switch. at this point.

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
Thanks for your reply. What I mean about nothing changes is when I check the status in settings>about phone after setting permissive mode with the selinux mode changer app and rebooting like it requests it still says enforceing. as to why I want to change it, I said before I am trying to get the touch interface to work on my pioneer appradio 3 head unit. I can mirror but touch doesn't work on the head unit. I have read in the appradio forum that you have to set SeLinux to permissive in order to accomplish this. I was hoping that some one with knowledge of custom kernels would be able to shed some light on this since it seems that Pac Man is set to enforcing by default. Also I have read that other kernels for other devices had the permissive mode set. I am so close to having this functionality it is getting frustrating, but I like the features that pac man brings to the table so I don't really want to switch. at this point.

Ok well when i needed to do this i would always use the app described here. also its not that PAC ROM does this intentionally, in fact it was google who made 4.4.2 selinux set to enforcing, and its because of this that most if not all kernels for 4.4.2 have selinux set to enforcing.