Finally complete MTK6589 source code is released!

Search This thread

kwkw480

Sep 18, 2009
I'm looking to put CM10.2 on my s6000-F. I am going to make a "bounty" for it over in the CM forms. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. Thank you.

Reactions: tkkaislis

wladikz

Oct 18, 2013
build server with access from internet

hi,

i go to create build server for CM (HP 380G5 2xquadcore, 32GB RAM 300GB HDD). i try to provide access to it for developers from this community.

OpenMinded

Oct 26, 2006
Yes they are! I tested them!

Tested them how? Do you have a compiled ROM to show for? Just like the MIUI rom you claimed to build and put a bounty on and never showed while I did?
Seriously, you posted many posts about the source, while there are many posts all over the net they are not complete.
As far as I read, the essence, namely the platform sources are not included in any of the sources.

And if all this was included, where are the builds from devs that would easily be able to build it?
How about we move the discussion to compiling an actual source tree for an actual MTK6589 device?
I hope some people with more skills than I will start before I have time.
Github links are appreciated :)

gogozx

Mar 5, 2013
Orašje
Tested them how? Do you have a compiled ROM to show for? Just like the MIUI rom you claimed to build and put a bounty on and never showed while I did?
Seriously, you posted many posts about the source, while there are many posts all over the net they are not complete.
As far as I read, the essence, namely the platform sources are not included in any of the sources.

And if all this was included, where are the builds from devs that would easily be able to build it?
How about we move the discussion to compiling an actual source tree for an actual MTK6589 device?
I hope some people with more skills than I will start before I have time.
Github links are appreciated :)

I'm sorry but I have 15kbps upload speed so I'm not willing to argue, and I meant that those are full Kernel sources, not the framework sources.

Reactions: hitsov

izzat85

Jun 19, 2012
question

hello everyone.. since we are on mtk 6589 topic..

is it possible to build a rom 100% stock android 4.2.2 or 4.3 based on the stock rom that comes with the phone?

im using mtk6589 phone HDC legend. im just wondering if theres a way to build stock android without any modification from the chinese manufacturer.

can someone please help me and point me to the right direction? :(

thanks.

pelelademadera

Account currently disabled
Aug 20, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
hello everyone.. since we are on mtk 6589 topic..

is it possible to build a rom 100% stock android 4.2.2 or 4.3 based on the stock rom that comes with the phone?

im using mtk6589 phone HDC legend. im just wondering if theres a way to build stock android without any modification from the chinese manufacturer.

can someone please help me and point me to the right direction? :(

thanks.

Only if you have the sources for your specific phone

Desde la estratosfera

rminhas

Dec 3, 2013
samsung note 3 - international n9000 version

Do you know if any of your links will work for this Samsung note 3 also a mtk6589 phone. Model is N9000 its from china.

can u help me so I can work with 2100/1900 frequency?

gotbass

May 30, 2012
hi,
just came across this thread.
would the source revealed be of any use for rom development for the Asus memo pad HD 7 (173x)?
it has a mtk6589 chipset.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is :D

http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...es/open-source-archive-for-build-16-0-a-0-36/

They are for Xperia C, the MTK6589 based phone!
    I tested them, they are complete!
    Archive is heavily compressed, when i uncompressed it, it was 2.2gb big!
    Let the development start!!!!!!!!
    Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic

Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic (MT6589) - kernel, full
    hi,
    just came across this thread.
    would the source revealed be of any use for rom development for the Asus memo pad HD 7 (173x)?
    it has a mtk6589 chipset.

thanks

I already made 2 beta kernels for our Memo pad hd7, you can check the latest updates on my ROM thread (check my SIG), was already tested by 5 members, it boots and the small additions I made are working.
    The next step is to fix some small bugs, and as soon as I get my memo pad again (I smashed the LCD) I can finnaly test again the next build I made, and will release the kernel to public .

On topic:

Best 6589 sources are indeed the Sony's and Lenovo's ...

Regards
    thanks~this really help me a lot!!!

if anyone has a working build, please share instructions on how to do that.
    Would be great if custom roms and CyanogenMod will be available for this great platform!
    Hi everyone,

since the source for the MTK6589 has been released can anyone make a custom CM10.1 rom for the Star S5? It has the same hardware as many smartphones from china (namely MIZ Z2, "x920" phones - there are many vendors, others that right now don't come into my mind).

Thank you very much. :)

why not start yourself?
    It's not that hard.
    The dual sim part maybe challenging.
    You just need Ubuntu 64 bit and follow this tutorial:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

You may best start without building the kernel, because some things are missing as far as I can tell.
    Start with recovery, which is pretty easy.
    One thing to mind: the boot.img structure of mtk devices is different than the default ones.
    Just read, fiddle and learn :).