[Q] Kitkat leaked version

Search This thread

Meyhemg

Sep 20, 2013
Hello everyone

I wanted to ask you a question about this leaked Kitkat version of Samsung.
What do they mean about leaked/experimented?
Samsung is not like CyanogenMod and they do not release nightlies or RCs so what do they mean by "leaked"?

Thanks in advance

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
This is pre release test software for internal purposes at Samsung. This is not the final version but more like work in progress.

Most likely a Samsung employee has "leaked" this. Leaks happen a lot. Take for example, Snowden and his NSA leaks, leaks happen all the time.

It's experimental software and does not reflect the final official version which Samsung will initially release via OTA updates. One Samsung employee took a risk in leaking this to the masses. In my time owning various Samsung phones it's common. It's a fully functional TouchWiz rom but like I said it does not represent the final version. Samsung like any other manufacturer work on updating their software and at times "employees" will leak the current software that is being worked upon.

It's no different to say a Chinese factory worker leaking information about the next iPhone by showing the cases prior to any official Apple announcement, or EV Leaks who are very good at obtaining information on upcoming devices, we live in a world were someone will take a risk to leak confidential information on software intended for internal purposes only or leak information in regards to whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meyhemg

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
Hello everyone

I wanted to ask you a question about this leaked Kitkat version of Samsung.
What do they mean about leaked/experimented?
Samsung is not like CyanogenMod and they do not release nightlies or RCs so what do they mean by "leaked"?

Thanks in advance

New locked bootloader, no root, no return to 4.3 firmware :eek:
Samsung need some "guinea pigs" to test unstable ALPHA version, before they send out the final unstable BETA release to the rest of the world :D

With CyanogenMod nightlies we get a change log and can always return to a working version.

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
This is pre release test software for internal purposes at Samsung. This is not the final version but more like work in progress.

Most likely a Samsung employee has "leaked" this. Leaks happen a lot. Take for example, Snowden and his NSA leaks, leaks happen all the time.

It's experimental software and does not reflect the final official version which Samsung will initially release via OTA updates. One Samsung employee took a risk in leaking this to the masses. In my time owning various Samsung phones it's common. It's a fully functional TouchWiz rom but like I said it does not represent the final version. Samsung like any other manufacturer work on updating their software and at times "employees" will leak the current software that is being worked upon.

It's no different to say a Chinese factory worker leaking information about the next iPhone by showing the cases prior to any official Apple announcement, or EV Leaks who are very good at obtaining information on upcoming devices, we live in a world were someone will take a risk to leak confidential information on software intended for internal purposes only or leak information in regards to whatever.

I'm pretty sure they are "leaked" on purpose to use us as the guinea pigs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

GTSS2014

Jan 27, 2014
my question
these roms are told that do not activate Knox like x0.1
eg install this rom Knox will it work ?
and if then if returned back to the official 4.3 with odin everything will be fine?
without triggered knox,without any problems?

Last edited:

RicardoCaeiro

Jun 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
my question
these roms are told that do not activate Knox like x0.1
eg install this rom Knox will it work ?
and if then if returned back to the official 4.3 with odin everything will be fine?
without triggered knox,without any problems?
I think that it will trigger your warranty because its an unofficial version. Im not 100% sure about it, but almost. Maybe someone can help you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.