[Q] Confused about RUU firmware and mainver

Search This thread

nukeboyt

Aug 16, 2010
Back from Moto-land with Rezound. I've flashed several ROMS and one I would like to flash now says that I must firs be on the leaked 3.11.605.22 firmware.

I thought that when I flashed a rom and it rebooted into bootloader to install the PH98IMG.zip file, that it was installing the necessary firmware. I'm confused.

How do I get to the necessary Leaked firmware. I've searched and googled, but everything I find, indicates that I cannot install the leak, because I have already used the HTC unlock tool. Again, confused :eek:

I appreciate your help!

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
ruu isn't a Tom that loads the kernel afterwards. the leak is flashed all at once which appears to be how kernels are flashed. flashing the leak requires the lock then it flashes everything together but remember it wipes all data with exception of external sd

nukeboyt

Aug 16, 2010
Followup Q1: So is it possible to get to the RUU 3.11.605.22 firmware, WITHOUT re-locking and flashing the leak? (not concerned at all about full wipe, do it with each rom)

Q2: If I do have to re-lock and then flash the leak, do I first have to return to a 100% stock state (ie, restore all the bloat-ware and such)? (if you've ever had a Bionic you know what I'm talking about)

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Followup Q1: So is it possible to get to the RUU 3.11.605.22 firmware, WITHOUT re-locking and flashing the leak? (not concerned at all about full wipe, do it with each rom)

Q2: If I do have to re-lock and then flash the leak, do I first have to return to a 100% stock state (ie, restore all the bloat-ware and such)? (if you've ever had a Bionic you know what I'm talking about)

Originally Posted by JoelZ9614 View Post

Here are the instructions...
Download...

rename the zip to PH98IMG.zip

put on your sdcard

reboot to bootloader

fastboot oem lock

reboot to bootloader again

flash.

reboot to bootloader

[if it says security warning and tampered at the top flash again..after continue to next step]

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin [of course only if u have ur original Unlock_code.bin if not do the whole htc thing again]

reboot......

cpurick

Jul 29, 2011
A little confused. Android Police says you have to be fully stock with a locked bootloader to install 605.22. According to this, I don't have to be stock, I just have to relock it, and be aware that the full RUU install with radios will wipe my entire phone except external SD? (I wouldn't ask this except that it directly contradicts the AP post.)

And do we have the ability to re-root the resulting ICS installation?

And there's no other way to apply just the radios and the pre-rooted (Non-RUU?) version?

Does the pre-rooted version also do a full wipe?

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
A little confused. Android Police says you have to be fully stock with a locked bootloader to install 605.22. According to this, I don't have to be stock, I just have to relock it, and be aware that the full RUU install with radios will wipe my entire phone except external SD? (I wouldn't ask this except that it directly contradicts the AP post.)

And do we have the ability to re-root the resulting ICS installation?

And there's no other way to apply just the radios and the pre-rooted (Non-RUU?) version?

Does the pre-rooted version also do a full wipe?

So far no other way to get the new radios , sounds like the only reason the OTA leak worked was the way it was packaged. This new leak isn't packaged the same way so you would have to relock and run the RUU to get the new radios.
Personally, all I did was reflash stock recovery before hand, but I had to run it a few times to get it to work fully and at one point I just relocked with amon recovery installed and ran it and it worked just fine. It wipes recovery as part of the installation and installs the updated stock recovery.

nukeboyt

Aug 16, 2010
Originally Posted by JoelZ9614 View Post

Here are the instructions...
Download...

rename the zip to PH98IMG.zip

put on your sdcard

reboot to bootloader

fastboot oem lock

reboot to bootloader again

flash.

reboot to bootloader

[if it says security warning and tampered at the top flash again..after continue to next step]

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin [of course only if u have ur original Unlock_code.bin if not do the whole htc thing again]

reboot......

Sorry for the questions, but when I do all of this, will I still have the Amon Ra recovery, or does this return to the stock recovery (which I assume it does)?

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
When the PH file is flashed in recovery it will overwrite whatever recovery you had flashed previously and leave you with stock everything...including recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

cpurick

Jul 29, 2011
I was able to upgrade to the new ROM and then re-unlock my phone. But when I put Amon Ra in SD folder as PH98IMG.zip and reboot to the loader, I am never prompted to install it. Furthermore, attempts to get into recovery result in a green circular icon followed by a red triangle with exclamation point.

I tried all sorts of resets and reboots. Right now I have a green recovery option, but no working recovery. The top line says "UNLOCKED".

I've tried Amon Ra 3.13 and 3.14.

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
Download this file.

Place it in the same folder that you setup for the HTCdev unlock.

Rename it to "recovery."

Go to the command prompt and type in this command: cd c:\nameoffolder (mine is c:\Android for example)

Boot into Hboot

Select Fastboot

Connect to PC

Then type this exactly : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

That should get you loaded with Amon Ra.

Reactions: cpurick

cpurick

Jul 29, 2011
Download this file.

Rename it to "recovery."

Go to the command prompt and type in this command: cd c:\nameoffolder (mine is c:\Android for example)

Boot into Hboot

Select Fastboot

Connect to PC

Thank you. I had already figured it out, and this is exactly what the problem was. Last time I flashed with a PH98IMG version of recovery, but this latest version that I have is for Fastboot. Thanks!

Never thought it would be such a relief to see the "TAMPERED" warning, lol.

All is good!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download this file.

Rename it to "recovery."

Boot into Hboot

Select Fastboot

Connect to PC

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19205213
    Installation instructions are in the OP.
    What you see now when you select recovery in hboot is what is considered stock recovery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk