[Q] Gorilla Glass 2

Search This thread

sparxone

May 20, 2012
I didn't get it repaired yet, don't have money left after i bought the phone. The service centre told it will cost me Rs. 4500 or around US$90 to get the whole display unit replaced. Damn! Why can't they just replace the glass?

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

cyberxda-

May 13, 2012
This page says all the One series phones have gorilla glass

wikipedia org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

sparxone

May 20, 2012
It got two three nice scratches too before it cracked. And i used to carry the phone in a pouch, so whats the big deal with a gorilla glass? Or is it some quality issue?

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

ethanliew92

Feb 26, 2010
Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
Never trust wiki unless there are valid sources that backs it up. I guess HTC one V is just using some normal mineral glass or something. They didn't made any big deal ads about it so yeah.. probably not gorilla.

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA Premium HD app

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Even my HTC Hero has a gorilla glass. SO yeah, One V has a "CORNING GORILLA GLASS" :). and it will not break at falling. even if it falls on concrete!

I would disagree with this bold statement. Although Gorilla Glass is quite durable, its not indesctructable. Its safe to assume that a fall onto concrete would most certainly be catostrophic.

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"~Rush

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
I would disagree with this bold statement. Although Gorilla Glass is quite durable, its not indesctructable. Its safe to assume that a fall onto concrete would most certainly be catostrophic.

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"~Rush

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.

Well, yeah, but I don't know who will be that silly to just drop it intentionally.

It has 'corning gorilla glass' display. If you don't believe me, you can just send HTC an email and ask them!

Top Liked Posts