Stuck after data factory reset.

Search This thread

clavin78

Jul 26, 2010
I'm running streak droid honeycomb. I did a factory data reset through the settings menu and the device reboooted, appeared to be resetting but no I'm stuck on a screen with the android character and a triangle with a red exclamation.

I rooted and installed this so long ago that I'm lost. I mostly mess around with my phone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

joeaux

Aug 4, 2010
Follow the instructions here:
Streak 7 Flashing Guide
to get into Recovery Mode. Then select option 3; "Factory Reset (User data and Internal tablet storage".
That'll get you back to bone stock assuming all you really did was root it. Done this a bunch of times. It'll work.

Follow the instructions here:
Streak 7 Flashing Guide
to get into Recovery Mode. Then select option 3; "Factory Reset (User data and Internal tablet storage".
That'll get you back to bone stock assuming all you really did was root it. Done this a bunch of times. It'll work.

I hope it's alright I jump in...as I have the same problem. Stock HoneyComb 3.2 not rooted. Would boot up fine, but was unable to get into recovery or fastboot so performed a factory reset through privacy setting and now stuck on the logo. I was (don't know now ;) able to see connect using nvflash but unable to locate any clear instructions on how to flash a ROM (either a new one or stock). Hence the factory reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Jacqueline

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I hope it's alright I jump in...as I have the same problem. Stock HoneyComb 3.2 not rooted. Would boot up fine, but was unable to get into recovery or fastboot so performed a factory reset through privacy setting and now stuck on the logo. I was (don't know now ;) able to see connect using nvflash but unable to locate any clear instructions on how to flash a ROM (either a new one or stock). Hence the factory reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Jacqueline
NVFlash back to 2.2 using this link: http://d-h.st/iXc

After that using its stock recovery, using the factory Update.pkg, update to HC again. All can be found using links from this starting page: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7

NVFlash back to 2.2 using this link: http://d-h.st/iXc

After that using its stock recovery, using the factory Update.pkg, update to HC again. All can be found using links from this starting page: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7

Thanks wptski.

Using nvflash I got back to 2.2 but the problem remains that I can't boot into either stock recovery or fastboot in order to install an update.pkg.

I can connect in AXP mode but haven't found any instructions of how I can use it to perform an update or install a custom recovery. It's a problem on the tablet - all the drivers are installed on pc and I've never had any problem in the past, as long as I could get the phone into recovery or fastboot. The symptoms are soft keys light up, battery light flashes 4-5 times and then it shuts down. I can boot up normally into 2.2

I should probably find another forum for my 'new'/old problem...as I'm not stuck at Dell logo anymore :silly:

Jacqui

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Thanks wptski.

Using nvflash I got back to 2.2 but the problem remains that I can't boot into either stock recovery or fastboot in order to install an update.pkg.

I can connect in AXP mode but haven't found any instructions of how I can use it to perform an update or install a custom recovery. It's a problem on the tablet - all the drivers are installed on pc and I've never had any problem in the past, as long as I could get the phone into recovery or fastboot. The symptoms are soft keys light up, battery light flashes 4-5 times and then it shuts down. I can boot up normally into 2.2

I should probably find another forum for my 'new'/old problem...as I'm not stuck at Dell logo anymore :silly:

Jacqui
Okay, to get into the stock recovery and /or Fastboot mode you are holding the up/down volume button and the power ON button at the same time, correct? It does take a 2-3 seconds for either to come up on the screen.

You can't installing anything from APX mode or get into recovery mode from it either.

Last edited:
Okay, to get into the stock recovery and /or Fastboot mode you are holding the up/down volume button and the power ON button at the same time, correct? It does take a 2-3 seconds for either to come up on the screen.

You can't installing anything from APX mode or get into recovery mode from it either.

Correct re: stock recovery/fastboot - lights flash shuts down. I can get into APX mode, that's how I got 2.2 on it. I can't find instructions though on how to do anything else with APX - like get into recovery mode :eek: The link giveen provided me in another post has a prewritten batch file I used - so my thanks goes to the author.

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Correct re: stock recovery/fastboot - lights flash shuts down. I can get into APX mode, that's how I got 2.2 on it. I can't find instructions though on how to do anything else with APX - like get into recovery mode :eek: The link giveen provided me in another post has a prewritten batch file I used - so my thanks goes to the author.
Just to be clear, you are pressing and holding those buttons at the same time for several seconds?

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
correct - left vol button + pwr or right vol button + power: lights flash, turns off - both left and right w/usb connect for apx successful
Have you tried to NVFlash 2.2 again? From your other post, you were on 3.2 before so I'd retry the NVFlash again, at least. It seems that you got into stock recovery mode before so the buttons did work before although I have heard of them getting stuck with both ON.

Have you tried to NVFlash 2.2 again? From your other post, you were on 3.2 before so I'd retry the NVFlash again, at least. It seems that you got into stock recovery mode before so the buttons did work before although I have heard of them getting stuck with both ON.

Thanks so much for your help wptski!

I re -nvflash'd 2.2 with the same result....successful flash and can boot into OS. Still unable to get into stock recovery or fastboot. The buttons don't feel stuck - but? Can I use nvflash to get anything other than 2.2 on to it? This all started with wanting nothing more than a 'simple' root :D Since I"m broken, any chance I can use nvflash to to get TWRP and ICSB4 on it - nothing to lose at this point :eek:

Another thought: would moving to a linux machine open up more possibilities?

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Thanks so much for your help wptski!

I re -nvflash'd 2.2 with the same result....successful flash and can boot into OS. Still unable to get into stock recovery or fastboot. The buttons don't feel stuck - but? Can I use nvflash to get anything other than 2.2 on to it? This all started with wanting nothing more than a 'simple' root :D Since I"m broken, any chance I can use nvflash to to get TWRP and ICSB4 on it - nothing to lose at this point :eek:
Here's a test to see if your buttons are stuck since you have the NVFlash drivers installed, with the S7 OFF just plug into your PC, if you hear the normal audio sound when you plug in something into your USB port, they are stuck. Not sure if it would boot normally with stuck buttons.

Here's a test to see if your buttons are stuck since you have the NVFlash drivers installed, with the S7 OFF just plug into your PC, if you hear the normal audio sound when you plug in something into your USB port, they are stuck. Not sure if it would boot normally with stuck buttons.

no sound when turned off and plugged into usb

Only one last suggestion is to redownload 2.2 and flash again.

Thanks, I'll try that. Is there maybe another download I should try with md5 check? Or just use the same one I have?

Third time's a charm?! :fingers-crossed:

Update: unfortunatley, no change. I guess for now my Streak is stuck on 2.2 and I'll use it as an alarm clock :)

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Thanks, I'll try that. Is there maybe another download I should try with md5 check? Or just use the same one I have?

Third time's a charm?! :fingers-crossed:

Update: unfortunatley, no change. I guess for now my Streak is stuck on 2.2 and I'll use it as an alarm clock :)

Thanks so much for your help!
I can put my copy in DropBox and give you the link if you want?

Here's a link to my copy: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21386595/Restore to 2.2.rar

Last edited:
Reactions: Aqua Sta

Top Liked Posts