Sideloaded working apps for OUYA

Search This thread

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I have been trying a lot of games most of them crash either due to some google ads realted dependencies or something else. if i get some time over weekend i will try to get some logcats out for the crashing games.

for me following works.

Metalslug 3
Shadowgun : change configuration to controller, you need to set your own keys.
Turbofly HD
LightRacer 3D.

however i am not able to use aptoide or amazon : the application opens but if i try clicking on any application in the menu they just crash. : I know logcat would help but didn't got the chance to run it yet,

How did you get Shadowgun to run? I get stuck on 'Begin Download' but it'll never go further.

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I think that only the expansion of Shadowngu, "The Leftovers" is currently working on Ouya.

Okay. Did I miss something somewhere, also, because none of my apps with external data will donwload? I'm about to install the Play Store to see if that helps

EDIT: It also says "The Leftovers" up at the top of the screen. No clue. GOing to tinker with it and come back later

EDIT 2: Testing Real Racer 3 now... Its downloading the data, so I think that my previous troubles may be w/ the Google Play store. It doesn't work so I'm instlaling framework for it. EA games download from their servers.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Real Raver 3 launched and is running. Having difficulties with controls

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
Okay. Did I miss something somewhere, also, because none of my apps with external data will donwload? I'm about to install the Play Store to see if that helps

EDIT: It also says "The Leftovers" up at the top of the screen. No clue. GOing to tinker with it and come back later

EDIT 2: Testing Real Racer 3 now... Its downloading the data, so I think that my previous troubles may be w/ the Google Play store. It doesn't work so I'm instlaling framework for it. EA games download from their servers.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Sent via Tapatalk

So simply having play store installed even though it doesn't run is allowing some drm protected games to run?

As for the Google framework, you should look in to the Roms puerile are working on in order to try and get that working.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
So simply having play store installed even though it doesn't run is allowing some drm protected games to run?

As for the Google framework, you should look in to the Roms puerile are working on in order to try and get that working.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Unsure. Several of my other DRM'd apps aren't running at all. I've been thus far unsuccessful in logging into the Google Accounts system on the device. Will check those out.

EDIT: An update on RR3. I've applied my saved game from the tab, but so far no luck navigating the menus at all.

Last edited:

anantshri

Feb 22, 2011
Bangalore
anantshri.info

Sent via Tapatalk

That might be the case for me begin download works for shadowgun but only the expansion pack is working fine.
to click begin download i have to use the pointer.
also i have installed vending apk i.e. google play although it doesn't work.

i am yet to slip in complete set of gapps and see what happens.

DoctorOhh

Jun 10, 2013
Greensboro, NC
I've thus far been unable to get any Google Apps to log in to Google

This person on another forum indicated he has been able to log into Google Music.

Google Play Music works great for me, as long as you have the necessary Google Account stuff installed.

*** ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?2466-List-of-Side-Loaded-Games-Apps-That-work-on-OUYA&p=28921&viewfull=1#post28921

When asked how he got the "necessary Google Account stuff installed" he said:

You can amend the TiBu listing. Backup and Restore works great as well!

*** ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?2466-List-of-Side-Loaded-Games-Apps-That-work-on-OUYA&p=28975&viewfull=1#post28975

*** work around for not being allowed to add links due to fewer than ten posts.

Last edited:

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
This person on another forum indicated he has been able to log into Google Music.

I see. Unfortunately, he was answering an earlier response about TiBa not working completely (I've already got it on mine). I've had no luck setting up Google Accounts yet. I may put in CWM and flash the entire GApps package, using ES File Explorer/TiBa to kill unwanted components.

tcollum

Feb 10, 2011

I see. Unfortunately, he was answering an earlier response about TiBa not working completely (I've already got it on mine). I've had no luck setting up Google Accounts yet. I may put in CWM and flash the entire GApps package, using ES File Explorer/TiBa to kill unwanted components.

That person would be me. The link he (and I) shared is to a tutorial to get Google Music working.

synplex

May 29, 2008
Miami
www.MTFX.tv
I posted this somewhere else maybe you guys can help

So when I got my Ouya first thing i Installed was Astro File Manager (which isnt very Gamepad friendly). With Astro I installed, Dead Trigger THD, Sonic Ep.2 THD, Riptide GP THD, Amazon app store, GBA.Emu, and File Manger HD. None of the THD Games work. I got them from my Asus Transformer Prime. The THD apks worked on my Prime but not on my OUYA (most wont even start up, Riptide freezes at title). The Amazon app store and GBA.emu work great, but File Manager wont even start up either.

I mentioning this apps/games because others on XDA/Ouya Forums seem to have them working.
What versions are you using and did you install them differently??

Please let me know. Thanks

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
I posted this somewhere else maybe you guys can help

So when I got my Ouya first thing i Installed was Astro File Manager (which isnt very Gamepad friendly). With Astro I installed, Dead Trigger THD, Sonic Ep.2 THD, Riptide GP THD, Amazon app store, GBA.Emu, and File Manger HD. None of the THD Games work. I got them from my Asus Transformer Prime. The THD apks worked on my Prime but not on my OUYA (most wont even start up, Riptide freezes at title). The Amazon app store and GBA.emu work great, but File Manager wont even start up either.

I mentioning this apps/games because others on XDA/Ouya Forums seem to have them working.
What versions are you using and did you install them differently??

Please let me know. Thanks

Did you copy over the additional data files?
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

pmco

Dec 11, 2010
Barstow
Netflix works on the 298 update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

What version of Netflix are you using? Mine doesn't allow pausing without going back to the browse screen, and I couldn't scroll down in a show detail screen (The Walking Dead, could not scroll down, so only the first 5 episodes of season 2 were visible).

mybook4

Apr 3, 2011
What version of Netflix are you using? Mine doesn't allow pausing without going back to the browse screen, and I couldn't scroll down in a show detail screen (The Walking Dead, could not scroll down, so only the first 5 episodes of season 2 were visible).

Sound works. I use the track pad on the controller to navigate. I'm sure they would need to make an Ouya friendly version to properly use the controller, but at least it's watchable now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
F.Droid and Quake 2 (downloaded via F.Droid) work well.

However, I need to find a way to do controller bindings for Quake 2

Dungeon Defenders downloads, install,s and runs beautifully but no controller support

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! I'll have to try it on a phone first. Have you tried side loading any apps that come with widgets? If so, do widgets show up ok on the Ouya when using one of the launchers?

Widgets can work. Weather widgets I have tried have not worked, some problem with location based services. That may be a simple fix in settings. I do have a cpu monitor from android tuner running.

-DYNAMITE JACK does work using analog stick or d-pad, and in settings you map whatever buttons you like in keyboard shortcut setting.

-SUPER HEXAGON also works with stick or d-pad.

Both APKs are from Humble Bundle and that app works as well.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    I've got a bunch of apps working, lets compile a list of working apps.

~Netflix
    ~Hulu
    ~Flash Player
    ~WatchESPN
    ~Dead on Arrival 2
    ~Beach Buggy Blitz
    ~At Bat
    ~Slingbox
    ~Adobe AIR
    Not sure if already posted but File Manager HD (Tablet) works flawlessly with the Ouya controller (Better than ES File Manager).

Another must-have is RootExplorer (To copy/delete files and change permissions in protected areas). Offcourse it requires root to use its interesting functions.
    I tried Modern Combat 4 and even made sure to include the obb files and the game doesn't start, it just flickers on the screen. Too bad because I would have loved to play this game on Ouya.
    Pandora crashes for me. Did you have to take any extra steps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

The only differences may be that I got it from an htc evo 4g lte, and I changed my dpi in build.prop. I'm attaching the apk I use. If it's not the apk then it's definitely the dpi.