[Q] My CM11nightly phone is dead?

Search This thread

Bommeldinges

Feb 6, 2014
Hi all,

I have been coming to this forum for a while now but since I lost my login data I had to re-register and now can't post in the developers section.

My i9505 has one of the latest CM11 nightlies on it, and it worked fine apart from the device switching of for no appearent reason when in its holster (might have been unintentional pushing of buttons, I don't know) and sometimes not booting properly. Usually after some "convincing" by pushing the on button again it would start up eventually.

Today, it switched off again and now seems completely dead. No reaction what so ever when pushing/holding the "on" button, or the recovery or download button combo. When attaching the charger no animation is shown and the device seems to get pretty hot pretty fast.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be wrong, and is there anything I can still try to revive it, or should I just send it in for repairs? If it is dead no one can see there is a custom rom on it, right? So it should be covered by warranty...

Thanks upfront for any help!

Last edited:

DefyUser89

Feb 15, 2012
Barcelona
Hi all,

I have been coming to this forum for a while now but since I lost my login data I had to re-register and now can't post in the developers section.

My i9505 has one of the latest CM11 nightlies on it, and it worked fine apart from the device switching of for no appearent reason when in its holster (might have been unintentional pushing of buttons, I don't know) and sometimes not booting properly. Usually after some "convincing" by pushing the on button again it would start up eventually.

Today, it switched off again and now seems completely dead. No reaction what so ever when pushing/holding the "on" button, or the recovery or download button combo. When attaching the charger no animation is shown and the device seems to get pretty hot pretty fast.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be wrong, and is there anything I can still try to revive it, or should I just send it in for repairs? If it is dead no one can see there is a custom rom on it, right? So it should be covered by warranty...

Thanks upfront for any help!

As u said if your device "gets pretty hot in a very short time" maybe its a hardware problem(wrong chip)... Maybe some high voltage or someting...