Samsung Galaxy s4 question about restoring to factory image

Search This thread

petsnsac

Oct 18, 2011
Hi, I recently tried to root my friends s4 (Sprint) SPH-L720. I have KitKat 4.4.2 installed and I used a odin method. When I performed the root everything seemed to work, but when the phone rebooted the SuperSU app comes up saying "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSu cannot install it". and when I try to activate my wifi it says "Your phone's security has blocked an action that is not permitted"
I just want his phone to work again at this point and don't care if it's rooted or not. If someone could help me with restoring the original firmware, or get the root to work whichever easier. I have downloaded the original Sprint s4 firmware but when I try to install it with odin it gets to the point where it says "get pit for mapping" and then just says "removed!!!".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :eek:

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
You are using an older version of cf autoroot, go to chainfire's site and make sure you have the newest version of cf autoroot. Run it again, sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it to stick. Also, try downloading supersu from the play store after running cf autoroot if it fails. As far as the security message goes, you just need to accept the security policy update when it appears don't cancel it. Good luck!

If you do want to go back to stock, you have to make sure you have the correct stock NAE tar file, you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663619 I recommend odin 3.07 or newer with MK2 or NAE software.

petsnsac

Oct 18, 2011
When ever I try to flash, I get the Fail box with the message "get pit for mapping" then "Failed"
This same thing has happened with everything I try.
Please see the attached image.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 29

petsnsac

Oct 18, 2011
Well, I did so more research and found another post on another forum that suggested I use the back usb ports instead of the front. That did the trick! :p Thanks so much for all your help, and I hope this wasn't too much of a NOOBsance.