Xperia SP boot only when 100% battery (or connected to usb)

Search This thread

johnnyjjohnson

Jun 20, 2014
Hi, i own a sony xperia sp and have a big problem: my phone works perfectly only when connected to usb or charge.

When the phone is off and i try to turn it up it will boot to OS only if the battery is at 100%. if it's not 100% the phone will try to boot but will crash at some point.
but as said before if i power it up while connected to usb or charge the phone will boot normally and will work fine. by the way even if i can boot, when i disconnect the cable the phone will crash and shut down after some time.

i' ve checked the battery status and it says Good, no need to replace it. uAh: 2367000.
i've tried to wipe data, upgrade\downgrade firmware but nothing worked.

May someone help me with this?

Last edited:
Hi, i own a sony xperia sp and have a big problem: my phone works perfectly only when connected to usb or charge.

When the phone is off and i try to turn it up it will boot to OS only if the battery is at 100%. if it's not 100% the phone will try to boot but will crash at some point.
but as said before if i power it up while connected to usb or charge the phone will boot normally and will work fine. by the way even if i can boot, when i disconnect the cable the phone will crash and shut down after some time.

i' ve checked the battery status and it says Good, no need to replace it. uAh: 2367000.
i've tried to wipe data, upgrade\downgrade firmware but nothing worked.

May someone help me with this?

My guess : Kernel problem if its not a kernel thing then your hardware has problems