[Q] ER05 - Invalid SIM on Tmobile s5 with AT&T SIM card

Search This thread

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
I'm doing well with my Tmobile s5 so far on AT&T. I am getting an error when I enable "Wifi calling" which I assume is VoLTE. AT&T solidly covers my area so I know it's available from AT&T. I'm not certain why, since I'm using an AT&T SIM card, that I would get "ER05 - Invalid SIM". My only guess is that the hardware in the Tmobile s5 is set for the Tmobile VoLTE, or that the Tmobile VoLTE is not the same as the AT&T VoLTE. Can anyone clue me in on the technical reasons why this is happening? Best case scenario I just need a new AT&T SIM card.

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
I'm doing well with my Tmobile s5 so far on AT&T. I am getting an error when I enable "Wifi calling" which I assume is VoLTE. AT&T solidly covers my area so I know it's available from AT&T. I'm not certain why, since I'm using an AT&T SIM card, that I would get "ER05 - Invalid SIM". My only guess is that the hardware in the Tmobile s5 is set for the Tmobile VoLTE, or that the Tmobile VoLTE is not the same as the AT&T VoLTE. Can anyone clue me in on the technical reasons why this is happening? Best case scenario I just need a new AT&T SIM card.
Fairly certain att doesnt have VoLTE or wifi calling(not the same thing), that may be your issueif its happening when you try that. Otherwise did you make sure to sim unlock your device?

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
AT&T doesn't have Wi-Fi calling