AndroidGuy31 touchpad youtube vid was a fake

Search This thread

bug splat

Aug 6, 2010
The guy was full of BS from day one. He had no proof unlike the guy who has actual video (3 in fact) showing android running on his TP. A good dev should be able to rip that thing apart and get what we need to build an android os. I'm just glad that tablet ended up in the hands of someone who knew it was special. It could have been given to a 6 year old girl to watch Barbie movies on and parents who would not know the difference. Can you imagine if it fell into the hands of Tosh? FOURRRRRRRR!:eek:

Reactions: T3hPWN

dubie76

May 22, 2010
Austin
www.driphter.com
let's not be so darn absolute
that was one user not indicative of any users on rootzwiki who do have natively running android versions on their touchpad thanks to qualcomm

the title is very misleading

Nothing was absolute. My post was about the idiot who scammed everyone. Not anyone on rootzwiki. :D

Btw, I changed title just for you.

Last edited:

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
haha i knew that first video was BS

there's no way a dev would go through the effort of making a stupid teaser video without showing off ANY of their work.

Pasenger57

Aug 25, 2011
Drawing and quartering is too good for that AndroidGuy31 person. He's probably been hacked so many times he's regretting leading folks on though at this point.

Last edited:

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
This thread title is a bit misleading. Edit?

On day 1 there were no less than 2-3 videos showing android running on the Touchpad. While a few called fake at the top of their lungs (and this android31 guy or whatever seems to be fake as hell) the other video was 100% legit.

Qualcomm Innovations apparently was using blank Touchpads as a work platform for software testing for an upcoming HTC tablet with very similar specs. Meaning they had a nearly fully functional port of android running on it. A number of these have made it out to the market somehow in this firesale, and at least one guy in TX has already posted willing to upload an image of his build.

edit for links:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327&page=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLZHH50V7

dubie76

May 22, 2010
Austin
www.driphter.com
This thread title is a bit misleading. Edit?

On day 1 there were no less than 2-3 videos showing android running on the Touchpad. While a few called fake at the top of their lungs (and this android31 guy or whatever seems to be fake as hell) the other video was 100% legit.

Qualcomm Innovations apparently was using blank Touchpads as a work platform for software testing for an upcoming HTC tablet with very similar specs. Meaning they had a nearly fully functional port of android running on it. A number of these have made it out to the market somehow in this firesale, and at least one guy in TX has already posted willing to upload an image of his build.

edit for links:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327&page=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLZHH50V7

Im not changing the title every time someone thinks its misleading. Thats why you open it and READ it. I posted a link to the video I am refering to in my OP.

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
Im not changing the title every time someone thinks its misleading. Thats why you open it and READ it. I posted a link to the video I am refering to in my OP.

Your title makes it sound like there is just one video out there making this claim. That's the only reason I took issue with it, because it misleads people slightly. Someone just cross-posted in the thread I just made about the qualcomm port saying offhand that the other two videos I was discussing were faked. I don't think they are, and in any case they're entirely different from the video you're talking about.

AndroidGuy31 made a fake vid. More impressive is that there are now 3 videos of a functional android 2.2.1 port on youtube, one android touchpad listed on ebay, and one guy offering to image his for the community on a dev board. So either 3 people all spontaneously decided to hoax people with the same Android builds and situations, or maybe HP really did let some of the QI tablets out into the wild during this firesale, during which their shipping could barely handle demand. I really don't think the guys at the HP warehouses were paying attention what stack the box came from.

It's your thread though, I won't bring it up again. Just figured I'd ask since it'd be helpful.

dubie76

May 22, 2010
Austin
www.driphter.com
Your title makes it sound like there is just one video out there making this claim. That's the only reason I took issue with it, because it misleads people slightly. Someone just cross-posted in the thread I just made about the qualcomm port saying offhand that the other two videos I was discussing were faked. I don't think they are, and in any case they're entirely different from the video you're talking about.

AndroidGuy31 made a fake vid. More impressive is that there are now 3 videos of a functional android 2.2.1 port on youtube, one android touchpad listed on ebay, and one guy offering to image his for the community on a dev board. So either 3 people all spontaneously decided to hoax people with the same Android builds and situations, or maybe HP really did let some of the QI tablets out into the wild during this firesale, during which their shipping could barely handle demand. I really don't think the guys at the HP warehouses were paying attention what stack the box came from.

It's your thread though, I won't bring it up again. Just figured I'd ask since it'd be helpful.

Were cool bro. I am as excited about the port as you are. I guess I put too much hope into that guys vid and expected too much. Now I am still skeptical about these guys who have magically received tablets with android already on them. Seems a bit far fetched, but thats just my oppinion.

You also have a valid point about the other vids. Until they are proven fake, I guess we have to go with them. I do not want to spread false rumors or info so I went ahead and changed the title again. :cool:

Last edited:

Ricey

Jan 9, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Apparently the videos from that one guy may have been fake but the fact that someone had a touchpad with android on it is not fake. The dump of android 2.2.1 from a touchpad has now been posted on another dev forum. Let the waiting and anticipation continue!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The guy was full of BS from day one. He had no proof unlike the guy who has actual video (3 in fact) showing android running on his TP. A good dev should be able to rip that thing apart and get what we need to build an android os. I'm just glad that tablet ended up in the hands of someone who knew it was special. It could have been given to a 6 year old girl to watch Barbie movies on and parents who would not know the difference. Can you imagine if it fell into the hands of Tosh? FOURRRRRRRR!:eek: