[DEV][RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.0

Search This thread

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
TWRP Recovery

For Galaxy Gio

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it here.

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

SPECIAL NOTE:
This is the first build of TWRP and may have some unknown bugs. I take no responsibility of your devices. This is "testing" phase (for some days only). Help in testing if you wish to otherwise stay away until a final release. Don't post back here that: "You destroyed my phone", "You are cheating", "You are playing with my device".

One more thing, we are using androidarmv6 sources and if you are asking for help on IRC channel mentioned above then please mention there that: "we are not using CM or OMNI sources, we are using androidarmv6 sources".

CREDITS:
TeamWin: For this awesome open-source recovery.
androidarmv6 team: To make all these possible.
@chraso: For hosting & providing compatible flags.
Me: Compiling work.

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes.

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c3gpyMBJusUzlJSW1HaFNNV00/edit?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION / UPDATING:
-From the above download link, you'll get a 'recovery.img' file.
-Put that file at the root of sdcard (means, not in any folder)
-Now, open Terminal Emulator and give this command:
Code:
su
You'll be asked to grant superuser permissions, grant them.
-Now, give this command:
Code:
flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img
And wait for 2-3 seconds until it jumps to a new line. Now, close Terminal Emulator.
-Now, normally reboot to recovery and enjoy new recovery!

For download: See post #9
To understand what happened?: See post #8

Install the zip file (from post #9) normally and enjoy fully working TWRP.

Last edited:

belyava

Jul 28, 2011
Odessa
@Bhargav97

This one is not rebooting to system too. Power off isn't working either, keeps on rebooting to recovery

Looking forward to fixing this, as I like it a lot more and I'm on OMNI rom. With this i'll be able to flash OTA automatically.

Thanks in advance!

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
@Bhargav97
Sorry for disturbing you. Are you planning any updates on this? Waiting so much ^_^ sorry for eta ;)

My PC is busy again and I can't say when I'll get time but I'll be releasing update soon.

If you want it badly then just do:

• Unpack the recovery.img (of this TWRP)
  • Now, unpack the recovery.img of PhilZ Touch Recovery.
  • Now, replace the "KERNEL" file in TWRP's unpack from the PhilZ Touch Recovery's unpack.
  • Now, repack the TWRP's unpack.

Note: If you don't know how to unpack/repack recovery.img file, just Google and you'll learn it in few minutes. It's very easy.

You can use that until my official release. :)

belyava

Jul 28, 2011
Odessa
My PC is busy again and I can't say when I'll get time but I'll be releasing update soon.

• Now, replace the "KERNEL" file in TWRP's unpack from the PhilZ Touch Recovery's unpack.

Note: If you don't know how to unpack/repack recovery.img file, just Google and you'll learn it in few minutes. It's very easy.

:victory: YAAAAAY!!!! I'm happy like a little kid on Xmas))))) I did it!:D Now it's rebooting to system properly! Thanks for the instructions!!!
I'll post it here untill you make one ;)

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
When I try to flash cm11, it gives an 'updater script error.(cm11-rc9gio) any help?

You need a TLS supported to flash CM11 (androidarmv6) builds later than 22/07/2014. I haven't added that support in TWRP(nor do I plan to).

You can find TLS supported CWM recoveries on AndroidARMv6 Jenkins.

If you want TLS support in TWRP, you can replace kernel in TWRP from the TLS supported CWM recoveries (I'm not gonna do it).

P.S. TWRP is not by @belyava. I and @chraso made it. Belyava helped in unpacking/repacking the correct kernel from my PhilZ Recovery. You might want to correct up your signature (?).

s4meq

Oct 26, 2013
thx

You need a TLS supported to flash CM11 (androidarmv6) builds later than 22/07/2014. I haven't added that support in TWRP(nor do I plan to).

You can find TLS supported CWM recoveries on AndroidARMv6 Jenkins.

If you want TLS support in TWRP, you can replace kernel in TWRP from the TLS supported CWM recoveries (I'm not gonna do it).

P.S. TWRP is not by @belyava. I and @chraso made it. Belyava helped in unpacking/repacking the correct kernel from my PhilZ Recovery. You might want to correct up your signature (?).

Thanks... unfortunatley no mentoin of gio recoveries. Maybe I'm stuck with cm7. Plus none of the recoveries are for gio.

Maybe I'll try [URL="/http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649101&page=3#post54833652[/URL] except that it is slow

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

:victory: YAAAAAY!!!! I'm happy like a little kid on Xmas))))) I did it!:D Now it's rebooting to system properly! Thanks for the instructions!!!
    I'll post it here untill you make one ;)
    @Bhargav97
    Sorry for disturbing you. Are you planning any updates on this? Waiting so much ^_^ sorry for eta ;)

TWRP Recovery

For Galaxy Gio

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it here.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

SPECIAL NOTE:
    This is the first build of TWRP and may have some unknown bugs. I take no responsibility of your devices. This is "testing" phase (for some days only). Help in testing if you wish to otherwise stay away until a final release. Don't post back here that: "You destroyed my phone", "You are cheating", "You are playing with my device".

One more thing, we are using androidarmv6 sources and if you are asking for help on IRC channel mentioned above then please mention there that: "we are not using CM or OMNI sources, we are using androidarmv6 sources".

CREDITS:
    TeamWin: For this awesome open-source recovery.
    androidarmv6 team: To make all these possible.
    @chraso: For hosting & providing compatible flags.
    Me: Compiling work.
    CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes.
    DOWNLOAD:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c3gpyMBJusUzlJSW1HaFNNV00/edit?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION / UPDATING:
    -From the above download link, you'll get a 'recovery.img' file.
    -Put that file at the root of sdcard (means, not in any folder)
    -Now, open Terminal Emulator and give this command:
    Code:
    su
    You'll be asked to grant superuser permissions, grant them.
    -Now, give this command:
    Code:
    flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img
    And wait for 2-3 seconds until it jumps to a new line. Now, close Terminal Emulator.
    -Now, normally reboot to recovery and enjoy new recovery!

For download: See post #9
    To understand what happened?: See post #8

Install the zip file (from post #9) normally and enjoy fully working TWRP.