[Q] Xperia S or RAZR MAXX

Search This thread

oojjii

Apr 19, 2011
Istanbul
Hi guys,

As the title says,

I'm about to buy a new smartphone.

I am really SONY Fan. I love Xperia S so much. ( It's Screen, Design etc.)

But when i heard about Razr MAXX, I'm confused.

Razr MAXX have 3300 Mah Battery and 8.99 mm when

Xperia S have 1750 Mah Battery and 10.6 mm thin..

It will make quite big difference in battery life because Xperia S also have a lot more pixels than Razr MAXX

So battery drain will be bigger.

I'm really confused. My heart still want Xperia S but Razr MAXX's battery life&thinness impressed me.

Can you please help me decide :)

Thank you for reading.

sssache

Dec 11, 2009
Well these depends on what do you want to do with your next smartphone...
I come from HTC Desire HD. I make a lots of photos and video's so i wanted to make an update so i start to look on the best camera smartphone at this moment. I bought the Xperia S and the truth is that there is no comparison between other smartphone's cameras. It makes some unbelievable photos and the dedicated button for me it's ''pure gold'' Out of the pocket in standby and in 1,5 second you have a photo. I wanted a camera smartphone and bonus i received from Sony an awesome display, the most perfect android software (absolutlely no lag and no bugs) and decent battery life. With a normal use i can easily arrive in the evening. I don't know about the Droid Razr Maxx because in Europe is not available and none of my friends has it, but the only thing for me that really look intresting is the battery capacity. But you should know that a bigger battery doesn't mean that the phone will last for days and days ahead. If the software installed is not optimized you will get just a few extra hours... Ask in the Droid Maxx forum the real battery life of a regular user if you are looking for a ''long battery smartphone''.

unrealboot1

Sep 10, 2009
i was going to get a maxx razr before the xperia s came out, luckily i found out about the xperia s and never looked back. Yes it has a massive battery life but, the big but is it looks FUGLY.

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
i actually have both, and, well, i see them as serving 2 different purposes.

razr = power user (person who cant let go of their phone)
xperia = show off / style / wow factor / see through illumination

u sacrifice quality for quantity if u go for razr (for its battery), but then again, just buy a power bank for the xperia S, and there you go!

my xperia + 3300mah power bank = best of both =)

google anker slim battery pack as thin aas a razr

Reactions: MacPryden

oojjii

Apr 19, 2011
Istanbul
@sssache

Well, actually im also buying smartphone for its camera. I didnt have any problem with my Arc camera but its time to update :)
Also unfortunatly, its battery performance is as good as they say in commercials. ( 3 Days with normal usage :)
But hey ? Battery is not eveything right ?

Thank you for your answer.

@unrealboot1
Yes. You are right. I really dont like razr's design. And i just LOVE Xperia S design.. Very uniqe.

Thank you for your answer.

@royalbloodvi
Your answer is most neutral one i think and very helpful also.

Its a simple but effective solution actually. Power bank.

Can you send me a link for this bank. I dont even know what it is look like.

But your answer cleared my mind. Thank you ver much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i actually have both, and, well, i see them as serving 2 different purposes.

razr = power user (person who cant let go of their phone)
    xperia = show off / style / wow factor / see through illumination

u sacrifice quality for quantity if u go for razr (for its battery), but then again, just buy a power bank for the xperia S, and there you go!

my xperia + 3300mah power bank = best of both =)

google anker slim battery pack as thin aas a razr