[Q] How to enable Google now in China, please!

Search This thread

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Hi there,

I am from China and before getting my nexus 5 I owned a galaxy nexus, in which Google now works well just when phone is switched into En-US.

Now for nexus 5 this does not work.
someone uses a AT&T SIM card to enable google now.
some turns the phone into airplane model, turns off location and connects to VPN network to enable it.
Some says "Ok Google" then follow the instructions to enable it.

It seems that all these does not work for me, is there a easy way to enable Google now.

Regards

-----------------------
following this post, then it works.

Last edited:

Jan 5, 2013
Hi there,

I am from China and before getting my nexus 5 I owned a galaxy nexus, in which Google now works well just when phone is switched into En-US.

some turns the phone into airplane model, turns off location and connects to VPN network to enable it.

It seems that all these does not work for me, is there a easy way to enable Google now.

Regards

Press search bar>Get Google Now (there is a button) ???????????

Reactions: davijones99
Sep 3, 2010
Thank you, I searched, finally found a way.

What worked for you? I had to uninstall Google search with titanium backup, install Google search 2.6, enable google now, then update to the latest version of search to have google now enabled in China. This is kind of annoying though as you can't flash otas if you do this because it modifies some system files. If you do my method you'll have to reflash the system image to update manually. So I'm wondering if you could share your method here.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: davijones99

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
sorry, I forgot posting, I just did the same as you did.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48831383&postcount=1
What worked for you? I had to uninstall Google search with titanium backup, install Google search 2.6, enable google now, then update to the latest version of search to have google now enabled in China. This is kind of annoying though as you can't flash otas if you do this because it modifies some system files. If you do my method you'll have to reflash the system image to update manually. So I'm wondering if you could share your method here.

Thanks!

moussa01

Oct 28, 2011
How to make google Now work in China

Hi there,

Regards

-----------------------

For those who are still interested i am also in China ,and man it gave me a hard time but worked finally.
1-you need a proxy(Fqrouter or GAE)
2-install Market Unlocker
3-run Market Unlocker and select Enable Unlocker and Auto Unlock(You should already be connected to another market)
4-If you dont have Google Experience Launcher,then install it
5-Clear data of Google Search app and Play Store
6-Long press on the screen until the settings toggle of the laucher appears
7-Select settings
8-By now you should be able to activate Google Now.Done

I hope this has been helpful.Cheers

Reactions: unstandardized

JLaCroix

Apr 10, 2010
For those who are still interested i am also in China ,and man it gave me a hard time but worked finally.
3-run Market Unlocker and select Enable Unlocker and Auto Unlock(You should already be connected to another market)
7-Select settings

Confirmed this worked for me on my XT1085 China Moto X (2014) running 5.0.2.

n c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry, I forgot posting, I just did the same as you did.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48831383&postcount=1

Thanks!
    Hi there,

Regards

Press search bar>Get Google Now (there is a button) ???????????
    Thank you, I searched, finally found a way.

Thanks!
    How to make google Now work in China

Hi there,

Regards

-----------------------

7-Select settings