[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][LS970][7/27/14]

Search This thread

bizzzle

Jun 5, 2009
Did you try yesterday's build? Also, which recovery are you running? If I remember correctly, you said Philz's. I have had past issues with CWM wiping properly. Here's something worth a shot - flash TWRP, do a factory reset and then an advanced wipe where you wipe everything but internal storage(don't want to wipe your SD!). Then, flash CWM, reboot recovery, and flash Carbon. Let me know if you try this and whether it works for you or not.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Why is it that we can't use TWRP to flash Carbon?

bizzzle

Jun 5, 2009
I've tried a few different TWRP versions and couldn't get it to flash Carbon. If it'll work for you though, by all means, use TWRP. I believe it has something to do with SElinux support, correct me if I'm wrong however.

SELinux support seems to be the issue. I have contacted TWRP on Freenode, as suggested on their homepage, to offer my testing/troubleshooting services. I'm not sure i'll be able to do much to help them, but i would really prefer to use TWRP. I made my original EFS backups in TWRP, and can't figure out how to restore them using CWM.

As far as this recent build of Carbon, it's running smooth and flawlessly for me so far. Super stoked on it. Data still is an issue, but i flashed over to TWRP last night, and restored my EFS partition, and i'm about to go test it out in a 4G area. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I also noticed, the "mobile networks" setting option got moved from "more" to the main settings screen under bluetooth. When I click on it, it gives me 2 options, "Complete action using: Network settings" (same typical mobile network settings) or "subscription settings".
This is new, and the title across the top says Sprint-1. It has the same layout as the network settings page, but the "Preferred network type" has a ton more options. Anybody experimented with this yet? Is this straight from CM11's sources? Should I be asking about this on their thread?

Thanks @latrotoxin1986 for all your help! You're the man! Hope your computer doesn't bite the dust. I have a similar issue with mine. Left it turned off for 2 weeks while on vacation, and when I came back, I was getting lots of BSOD. I've removed the overclock, and seem to be stable again, but fingers crossed.

Reactions: latrotoxin1986

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
LG G6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Did you try yesterday's build? Also, which recovery are you running? If I remember correctly, you said Philz's. I have had past issues with CWM wiping properly. Here's something worth a shot - flash TWRP, do a factory reset and then an advanced wipe where you wipe everything but internal storage(don't want to wipe your SD!). Then, flash CWM, reboot recovery, and flash Carbon. Let me know if you try this and whether it works for you or not.

Not yet I will try it tonight, thanks!! :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
LG G6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok I tried the newest update the force closes are gone but no LTE, even when flashing the radio zip actually when I flash it I lose LTE until I flash back to a stock ROM I guess maybe my phone can't use carbon :(

bizzzle

Jun 5, 2009
Ok I tried the newest update the force closes are gone but no LTE, even when flashing the radio zip actually when I flash it I lose LTE until I flash back to a stock ROM I guess maybe my phone can't use carbon :(

I have the same issue. Even after restoring efs. Had the same problem with cm11

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
LG G6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Unfortunately, some of these issues will not go away. They have to do with source, and grpoj is no longer being developed as far as I'm aware. I'm currently working once again to get a new GEE build up.

Yeah it seems like you and spleef are the only ones making them liquid is the one I'm using now since LTE works. You rock dude thanks for all your efforts!! :)

Reactions: latrotoxin1986

latrotoxin1986

Dec 3, 2012
Wellsville
Well, I finally got GEE successfully built for you guys and she's up in the OP :)

Carbon GEE is built with Glitch kernel. I'm uncertain as to which alternative kernels will be acceptable, but I'm thinking it will have to be a modded kernel as this ROM has display issues with GEE without a couple git reverts I performed. Perhaps @ThatKawaiiGuy can chime in here and fill you guys in.

I've booted her up and for the last 10 minutes, all seems well haha.

Unreal_Shogo

Jan 21, 2011
Puerto Ordaz
www.twitter.com
Well, I finally got GEE successfully built for you guys and she's up in the OP :)

Carbon GEE is built with Glitch kernel. I'm uncertain as to which alternative kernels will be acceptable, but I'm thinking it will have to be a modded kernel as this ROM has display issues with GEE without a couple git reverts I performed. Perhaps @ThatKawaiiGuy can chime in here and fill you guys in.

I've booted her up and for the last 10 minutes, all seems well haha.

Changelog man?? :)

Enviado desde mi Optimus G mediante Tapatalk

latrotoxin1986

Dec 3, 2012
Wellsville
Changelog man?? :)

Enviado desde mi Optimus G mediante Tapatalk

Uhhhhh, lol...tons. My last GEE build was in February, early March? Ancient. It'll have all the same goodies that LS970 has, should just have data worked out.

Also, Firefox is telling me there's an issue with the carbon website security certificate. I'm staying aware from there until that gets resolved considering the whole security vulnerability issue that's going on right now. Eesh, between Heartbleed and now IE, it's been a rough couple weeks!

Reactions: MitoTakatori

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
LG G6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Uhhhhh, lol...tons. My last GEE build was in February, early March? Ancient. It'll have all the same goodies that LS970 has, should just have data worked out.

Also, Firefox is telling me there's an issue with the carbon website security certificate. I'm staying aware from there until that gets resolved considering the whole security vulnerability issue that's going on right now. Eesh, between Heartbleed and now IE, it's been a rough couple weeks!

Any chance you might know what is causing heat issues for some of us on gee? That's the only reason I stick with ls970 builds. Thanks!

latrotoxin1986

Dec 3, 2012
Wellsville
Any chance you might know what is causing heat issues for some of us on gee? That's the only reason I stick with ls970 builds. Thanks!

No idea. I'm not a dev, I simply type some commands into my computer that tells it to spit these ROMs out for ya haha. Trying different kernels and kernel settings could help with that though.

I've got builds running right now. Should have them up for you later today.

Top Liked Posts