Originally Posted by fili1234
i have similar problem after update to new XXEMG4. I am not able to register to the network provider (Vodafone Italy). I have no efs backup. The IMEI looks fine and other data looks fine and my device status looks similar to your. Spiegazioni in italiano vanno bene.
Can you give me the step by step procedure to solve it?
Here's what happened to me:
1) I was on an older baseband 4.1.2 Asian Stock ROM.
2) Learned how to flash Custom ROMs. I was on [SuperNexus] which has the same baseband as my 4.1.2 Stock ROM.
3) I tried [Android Revolution HD] which was the new "XXEMG4" based ROM.
4) Since then, no matter what "older" based ROM I flash, I can't call or text. Although my carrier signal is fine.
5) A good person in this post informed me about "EFS" stuff and I did a research. He told me to check my IMEI / SERIAL #, etc...
6) Lucky me, they were all intact.
7) Then the good person mentioned in my last post gave that simple procedure and it worked.
The trick is, if I wanted to use my older ROMs, I just have to flash a STOCK XXEMG4-based ROM. In my case I downloaded the UK Version. And then ROOT it, flash the ROM I want and its done... I no longer have to use only the newer MG4 ROMs to gain my mobile connectivity.
Im a bit of a noob with all these, proof of it is that I DIDNT backup my EFS... Im stuck on MG4 but hey, its all good...