Motorola Moto G - Flashing stock failing with fastboot

Search This thread

calum001

Jul 24, 2014
Hello everyone
I am new here.

I need some assistance with my moto g.
I previously unlocked my Moto G's bootloader but realised that I just wanted it on stock and locked so I didn't damage it, so I managed to relock my
phone's bootloader and got it back to a stock rom.
After installing a system update a few days ago, my phone came back with the
"Warning - bootloader unlocked!" logo after installing a system update.
So I decided to try and reflash the stock firmware and original logo.bin from the XDA Site.

However, my flashes are failing and my moto g is stuck in a bootloop with no rom to boot up to, I have adb minimal fastboot and motorola drivers
/ adb drivers installed.

What happens: I power on the phone into bootloader mode, then I try to flash the ROM I got from droid-developers site, but whenever I try to relock
my bootloader it shows the following:
Ready to flash signed images!
OK: (time)
I do fastboot flash partition gpt.bin and I get:
Preflash validation failed!
SST lock failure!

Also trying to issue the command to relock the bootloader gives me
SST lock failure!
I get other errors too when flashing the sparsechunk images, it gives: Invalid PIV signed image! and for motoboot and boot images it gives: Preflash validation failed!
version downgraded for boot.
etc

I cannot recover my stock rom due to these errors, I've searched everywhere (on google) and here and I am desperate to flash the stock rom back and relock bootloader again so I can use the phone.

I am really stuck and my phone will not get out of a bootloop

Any help is really much appreciated as I need to get my phone working so I can use it :(

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
You need to provide more information for people to help you. Have you upgraded to 4.4.4?

GrammarNazi

Feb 25, 2014
Englishicity
I had a similar issue when rooting my phone, and all I had to do was unplug the phone from the computer, restart the phone and computer, and then try again.

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
First unlock your bootloader again. You have to downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.3 then to 4.4.2. During the downgrades you have to follow the same kind of firmware (example: 4.4.4 retail EU -> 4.4.3 retail EU -> 4.4.2 retail EU). When you're done if you want you can relock the bootloader.