[Q] Soft Bricked HTC One X att with download mode only

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its soft bricked, download mode is entered when you press volume down and the power button.

Qualcomm download mode is vol up and power. And I don't ever recommend doing it.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Just type soft brick into a search engine please.

Just because folks use the term, doesn't mean its correct.

For this device, if the screen comes on, it can be recovered.

A brick is a phone that can't be recovered without opening it (replacing motherboard, JTAG, etc.).

Folks like to say "soft brick", but all they really mean is "I did something wrong to my phone, and now I don't know how to make it boot up normally".
    Just type soft brick into a search engine please. Also I attached pictures showing all the phone displays while on the bootloader screen.

First, get rid of those pictures. Your imei is there.

next, that isn't a brick. You can turn it on and go to boot loader.

And finally, go to Timmaaa's help thread. All your info that you need is there man

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    Turns out the phone currently is s-on can someone help me achieve s-off o flash clockworkmod mod or how to flash a recovery without s-off?

You don't need s-off to flash recovery. See timmaaa's beginner guide for instructions on how to flash recovery, sticky at the top of the General forum.

There's your problem, no drivers exist for that version of Windows. It's been pretty widely discussed. You'll need to downgrade your Windows version or get access to another PC.

Sent from my Evita