Damn FastBoot Mode! Not bricked... but stuck.

Search This thread

BroPanan

Jun 20, 2013
Windsor
Hey guys! So I've had a Note, a Note 2, and now have the TMobile LG G2. All of which, I've rooted, ROMed and had my fun with, but for a week, this issue has brought my fun to a screeching halt. I hope someone can help.

I just rooted my G2 while in 4.2.2, intending to install a KitKat ROM while maintaining root access. Looking for a quick way to add custom recovery, I backed up my stock recovery using Flashify, and also using it, I installed the latest TWRP for my phone. After installation I got a black screen that says:

[830]fastboot mode started
[880]udc_start()

and I have no options. Thankfully I can just hold power to reboot my phone normally so I'm not softbricked. But I get the same screen any time I boot into recovery. And when I restored my stock recovery through flashify I got the black screen with the android mascot on his back with the red exclamation mark. I tried flashing TWRP, and Philz through Flashify and I get the "fastboot" screen again. Can someone please help? Thanks so much in advance.

Hanan

poudigne

Apr 6, 2011
Montreal
Google Pixel 4a
Hey guys! So I've had a Note, a Note 2, and now have the TMobile LG G2. All of which, I've rooted, ROMed and had my fun with, but for a week, this issue has brought my fun to a screeching halt. I hope someone can help.

I just rooted my G2 while in 4.2.2, intending to install a KitKat ROM while maintaining root access. Looking for a quick way to add custom recovery, I backed up my stock recovery using Flashify, and also using it, I installed the latest TWRP for my phone. After installation I got a black screen that says:

[830]fastboot mode started
[880]udc_start()

and I have no options. Thankfully I can just hold power to reboot my phone normally so I'm not softbricked. But I get the same screen any time I boot into recovery. And when I restored my stock recovery through flashify I got the black screen with the android mascot on his back with the red exclamation mark. I tried flashing TWRP, and Philz through Flashify and I get the "fastboot" screen again. Can someone please help? Thanks so much in advance.

Hanan

If you still have the problem, a dude from autorec built me a package to get unstuck (without losing data), The package was made for my IMEI (Tmobile d801) PM your IMEI and ill reply with the package.