DISCONTINUED - [ROM][21-04-2011][patch update] ElocityMod v1.42 for Elocity A7

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
!!This is ONLY for Elocity A7!!!

This Mod is based on Elocity Stock with additions from Nvidia SDK, to make a better functioning stock rom with google apps.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or for the continued support or you can visit my homepage at Dexter's mods

I Thought this demo deserved to be posted with my Mod for ElocityA7 :)
I get some creds here too , thanks!

Installation Instructions:
ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE

Download ElocityMod v1.42 patch update
Download ElocityMod v1.41
It will require Wipe/factory reset as well. as reports on the update seems to report some problems if not, so its your own if it does FC alot, if you do not wipe

PATCHES
installs like regular full updates: rename to Update.zip and run recovery.
- v1.xx Adhoc patch here if you need connecting to mobile teetering app, it will not autostart wifi after sleep.​

Previous releases
Download ElocityMod v1.3
Download ElocityMod v1.2

Install using recovery menu.
  1. copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename to Update.zip.
  2. Enter "Recovery menu" by pressing power for 2seconds, release
  3. then hold power button until "hold power 5sec...." appear and wait until it says booting recovery kernel..and release power button.
  4. Press "HOME" button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
  5. select "Wipe/factory reset" - press MENU key to activate
  6. then select "apply sdcard:update.zip" - press MENU to activate
  7. after the small install process - press "reboot" to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.
[/INDENT]

ISSUES
- Files manager app does FC too much, use the OI filemanager for local filehandling.

CHANGELOG
v1.42
- added latest 17-04 update from ElocityA7 update.
- Fixed sdcard problem, you can now eject/insert as much as wanted.
alternate patch is now removed.
v1.41
- build.prop (ro.kernel.android.checkjni=false) enables Skype to function (and maybe other apps)
- usb stick support added.
- changed sdcard handler to stock, but with exception it only work until you eject sdcard/usb , and a reboot is only way to remount (or restart vold daemon which is from a shell)
- honeycomb bootanimation added.
- Files app added (for copying network files to tablet) is buggy with pictures handling in folders. (might be removed again)
- VPN (script + vpn settings enabled/added)
- HDMI resolution changer added in settings (480p -> 1080p output available)​
v1.4
- Based on latest 24-02 update from Elocity.
- Cracked the sdcard issue, and its fully working now..
- Added patched hulu Flashplayer 10.2 (uninstall this one first, if you download it from market)
- New calendar app​
v1.3
- finally latest Market app included (2.2.7 will be upgraded to 2.2.11 when you enter market the first time)
- Added Gsensor fix, so screen rotation works, if playing games that need sensor like SpeedX or racing games..
- Added DSP audio manager with EQU function (does help increasing volume a little too)
- re-arranged process, so installers do not keep trying to install apps.​
v1.2
- Updated to latest stock of Feb-04 .
- removed wifi Settings again, solution did not work (im told)
- Fixed Calendar app FC.
- Updated Market to the latest release.​

THANKS to all who donated up to now! its appreciated, and shows that people like the extras added...

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your tablet..

Last edited:

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
Just curious, what's the advantage of having the superuser app when the device is rooted out of the box?

I look forward to seeing what else can happen with this device, and would be happy to test if needed. :)

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Just curious, what's the advantage of having the superuser app when the device is rooted out of the box?
although its already in non-secure mode, the apps that run "su" dont recognise it, so the root app is required together with its "su" command.
and it actually also have the advantage of you being in control of which apps get root access..

although your "adb shell" is in a root shell, the apps running still has non-su rights to the system, otherwise its would be pretty open as well and without much security.

Reactions: robbbzilla

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
I went ahead and applied version 1.0a over 1.0. I didn't take the time to do a backup so I didn't wipe/factory reset first. Everything went well, but calendar still gets a force close upon launch (not a problem for me, I don't need it). I may go ahead and wipe it and reinstall 1.0a, but I'm very happy with it as is for now.

Thanks again for making this rom! I'll hit that donate button for sure.

Reactions: mingkee

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
I couldn't get root access back so I'm rerunning the update after a full wipe of data and cache. I will let you know how it goes.

I went ahead and applied version 1.0a over 1.0. I didn't take the time to do a backup so I didn't wipe/factory reset first. Everything went well, but calendar still gets a force close upon launch (not a problem for me, I don't need it). I may go ahead and wipe it and reinstall 1.0a, but I'm very happy with it as is for now.

Thanks again for making this rom! I'll hit that donate button for sure.

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
I couldn't get SU to update either (placed on SD card as update.zip, but no joy). Just for grins I tried Z4root too, it went through the motions but no root. I tried to use Titanium Backup to install busybox. It downloaded the binaries but nothing changed.

I lost root access loading this rom too. It tried to update su but couldn't.

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
I couldn't get SU to update either (placed on SD card as update.zip, but no joy). Just for grins I tried Z4root too, it went through the motions but no root. I tried to use Titanium Backup to install busybox. It downloaded the binaries but nothing changed.

I cant see what the problem is... dex any ideas?

I may flash the offocial update, reinstall the modified build.prop, and reinstall market.

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
The was a post somewhere in the BJ's 299 thread about busybox not installing correctly due to differences in the directory structure on this device, which caused loss of root.

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010

This didn't work... other than this superuser permissions being messed up everything else works stellar!

If we don't have anything soon, I'll flash back and poke around with the modified build.prop on the official build.

Edit: Reinstalled the official elocity update and got my root back, installed gapps, now updating build.prop. Hopefully this gets me all the market fixes minus that Su thing. Superuser app is available in the market too. Report back soon.

Last edited:

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
So you're basically just using the build prop settings out of this rom with the factory update? I went back to version 1.0 for now.

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
So you're basically just using the build prop settings out of this rom with the factory update? I went back to version 1.0 for now.

Yeah pretty much!... did you not have the SU issues with version 1.0? If not I'll just update to that. I can't get Bank of America or Tasker to install even using the build.prop from the ROM, there's something other than the fingerprint in this ROM making the magic happen.

rich_e

Jan 29, 2010
Titanium back up reports root access with V1.0 and I can get the # at the prompt in terminal. Lots of other apps that wouldn't install with the eLocity update install just fine with it too.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
im a little confused..

i added the "su" command to the build, it never was there...
i added Superuser.apk as well.. and if you're trying to add those on top , you might corrupt it, and also,
VERY IMPORTANT filesystem has 0 bytes free, so any copying will probably corrupt the su command or other copied files..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!This is ONLY for Elocity A7!!!

This Mod is based on Elocity Stock with additions from Nvidia SDK, to make a better functioning stock rom with google apps.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or for the continued support or you can visit my homepage at Dexter's mods

I Thought this demo deserved to be posted with my Mod for ElocityA7 :)
    I get some creds here too , thanks!

Installation Instructions:
    ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE

Download ElocityMod v1.42 patch update
    Download ElocityMod v1.41
    It will require Wipe/factory reset as well. as reports on the update seems to report some problems if not, so its your own if it does FC alot, if you do not wipe

PATCHES
    installs like regular full updates: rename to Update.zip and run recovery.
    - v1.xx Adhoc patch here if you need connecting to mobile teetering app, it will not autostart wifi after sleep.​

Previous releases
    Download ElocityMod v1.3
    Download ElocityMod v1.2

Install using recovery menu.
    1. copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename to Update.zip.
    2. Enter "Recovery menu" by pressing power for 2seconds, release
    3. then hold power button until "hold power 5sec...." appear and wait until it says booting recovery kernel..and release power button.
    4. Press "HOME" button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
    5. select "Wipe/factory reset" - press MENU key to activate
    6. then select "apply sdcard:update.zip" - press MENU to activate
    7. after the small install process - press "reboot" to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.
    [/INDENT]

ISSUES
    - Files manager app does FC too much, use the OI filemanager for local filehandling.

CHANGELOG
    v1.42
    - added latest 17-04 update from ElocityA7 update.
    - Fixed sdcard problem, you can now eject/insert as much as wanted.
    alternate patch is now removed.
    v1.41
    - build.prop (ro.kernel.android.checkjni=false) enables Skype to function (and maybe other apps)
    - usb stick support added.
    - changed sdcard handler to stock, but with exception it only work until you eject sdcard/usb , and a reboot is only way to remount (or restart vold daemon which is from a shell)
    - honeycomb bootanimation added.
    - Files app added (for copying network files to tablet) is buggy with pictures handling in folders. (might be removed again)
    - VPN (script + vpn settings enabled/added)
    - HDMI resolution changer added in settings (480p -> 1080p output available)​
    v1.4
    - Based on latest 24-02 update from Elocity.
    - Cracked the sdcard issue, and its fully working now..
    - Added patched hulu Flashplayer 10.2 (uninstall this one first, if you download it from market)
    - New calendar app​
    v1.3
    - finally latest Market app included (2.2.7 will be upgraded to 2.2.11 when you enter market the first time)
    - Added Gsensor fix, so screen rotation works, if playing games that need sensor like SpeedX or racing games..
    - Added DSP audio manager with EQU function (does help increasing volume a little too)
    - re-arranged process, so installers do not keep trying to install apps.​
    v1.2
    - Updated to latest stock of Feb-04 .
    - removed wifi Settings again, solution did not work (im told)
    - Fixed Calendar app FC.
    - Updated Market to the latest release.​

THANKS to all who donated up to now! its appreciated, and shows that people like the extras added...

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your tablet..
    Just saw Feb 4th update out. Any idea on an updated Dexter rom
    I will report back on an update very soon.
    V1.2 mod available

In about 30mins my upload is finished, so the new updated stock image is available with the common fixes.

Await a much better or different stock edition soon!, i got news on the Elocity front, which probably will make some people even more happy with their tablet.
    but thats for the next upcoming days, for now its just a small stock update with a few fixes.

edit: It's online now!
    With our folio100 i just made a Quadrant 3000+ breakthrough, when im confident in this, ill make it happen for Elocity as well..

and of course remove twitter,facebook,voicesearch app etc, so its easy to update.
    I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".

ok, something crossed my mind now.. i put "su" always in /system/bin and im quite sure your "su" is located in /system/xbin now, so thats why my superuser.apk also fails as its made for this version and your su is not. or simply the su in /system/xbin has no suid 0 set.

edit:
    ok, i was right. in xbin folder another SU was found, so that one is not compatible with this superuser.apk..
    its fixed and im uploading a hopefully perfect 1.0b now.