Official update to ICS for Galaxy R

Search This thread

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
this is what samsung mobiles india replied in response to my tweet:

"Galaxy R’s configuration satisfies the ICS requirements & will be getting ICS upgrade but we don't have the exact dates. "
;)

I dont think samsungs devs are working on ics for our sgr. They gave update about note that because of software issue they will delay update for note. But when asking about ics for sgr their cs executives replies what u write. They dont even confirm that devlopement is in progress :(

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
We will only get ICS after note, Samsung TAB Gets...
So only thing we can do is WAIT and.....WAIT................and WAIT...............!!!!!!!!!

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
bad news, galaxy R will not receive ICS, today I read on one website.....

Its samsung official update list...

Samsung devices currently running Android 4.0

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Global/LTE)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (unreleased)
Samsung Galaxy S II (Global)
Samsung Nexus S (Global/AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint)

Samsung devices officially named to receive the Android 4.0 update

Samsung Galaxy Note (Global)
Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Captivate Glide
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Verizon)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Verizon)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi

Samsung devices expected to receive the Android 4.0 update

Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile)
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD
Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G

Samsung devices not expected to receive the Android 4.0 update

Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Samsung Galaxy R
Samsung Exhibit II 4G
Samsung Gravity Smart
Samsung Dart

go to this site to view androidandme(.com)

Last edited:

kunaal2580

Feb 1, 2012
Mumbai
Not possible.. Galaxy R will get the,update .. Sa Not possible.. Galaxy R will get the,update .. Samsjng cant do this.. :(

oshhh

Mar 12, 2009
I guess that list is only for US carriers and not global

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Talking about what I saw, who knows maybe we get it but I suspect that all, whenever I ask for ICS we all give exactly the same answer. I'm new so I can not leave the links, on that site that I have left is the list came out in April 2 hours ago

M

m.kochan10

Ok sure but...I cannot find this list on the site, you mentioned. Can you navigate me :) ?

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
use this

androidandme(.com)+/2012/04/smartphones-2/official-samsung-android-4-0-update-list-april/

delete ( ) and +

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Talking about what I saw, who knows maybe we get it but I suspect that all, whenever I ask for ICS we all give exactly the same answer. I'm new so I can not leave the links, on that site that I have left is the list came out in April 2 hours ago

U can post link in simple text just remove http and www tags and paste entire link. share this link.

Reactions: ZeXzr
Thank you....This information is for american users and SGR hasn't been released in US. The article is is based on this information:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

That's the "original" article:

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smartphones-2/official-samsung-android-4-0-update-list-april/

No wonder the Galaxy R users are so less.....

The iPad 2. Revolutionary. (jk)
No I don't care if you're anti-Apple.

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
As Galaxy S advance has gone for sale now, which may get an official ICS update....so my intutions are saying that Galaxy R and Galaxy S advance will get ICS update at the same time.

What do you think guys ??

enkelad

Dec 18, 2011
Thank you....This information is for american users and SGR hasn't been released in US. The article is is based on this information:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

That's the "original" article:

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smartphones-2/official-samsung-android-4-0-update-list-april/

well if it's on the NO list than it's not getting ICS, wheather released in US or not, wright?
i think it is released but by the name galaxy z, so how sure r u this list is not global?

M

m.kochan10

well if it's on the NO list than it's not getting ICS, wheather released in US or not, wright?
i think it is released but by the name galaxy z, so how sure r u this list is not global?

Nope, not right.
Because it's written in a title, and it's based on information directed to american carriers that provide phones to american people...and none of them offers galaxy R. The only information was presented in a table where Galaxy R is not even mentioned.

The list presented in an article (not on the site with table with american carriers)is a third party's information - not confirmed by Samsung so far.

Listen, I am not sure whether Samsung will screw Galaxy R or not, but what I am sure...nothing has been officially stated and nothing can be concluded from this article.

PS. It's not about conviction and faith, but about facts :) Galaxy Z is the name of i9103 that is being sold by carrier "3" (I'm not sure if not only in Sweden) - not-present in US anyway.

Last edited:

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012

You can do one thing to get an assured answer.

Email/Tweet/post on Facebook wall of Samsung directly, enquiring about the update schedule for Galaxy R. You'll get a better view about the situation.

Do post here whatever they reply.

nedooo

Dec 26, 2010
Sarajevo
I have SGS2 and still using GB, so ICS still feels like beta :mad:
And don't count on Samsung support, more likely they stopped support for SGR.
No new GB version for months...ICS not even on horizon :(

M

m.kochan10

I have SGS2 and still using GB, so ICS still feels like beta :mad:
And don't count on Samsung support, more likely they stopped support for SGR.
No new GB version for months...ICS not even on horizon :(

That's why I bought SGS2 today, and updated to ICS - glad so far. But rooting without yellow triangle seems to be more difficult than on SGR. Anyway I found some strange issue: CWM cannot recognize my external sd.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
That's why I bought SGS2 today, and updated to ICS - glad so far. But rooting without yellow triangle seems to be more difficult than on SGR. Anyway I found some strange issue: CWM cannot recognize my external sd.

Yep I noticed you bought a S2 after I read your sig today, so you sold your R ?

May that serve you well.

Top Liked Posts