Scratched screen

Search This thread

ammurad

Feb 23, 2009
I've unfortunately managed to scratch my m8 screen with keys, the scratches are light, but annoying when the phone is switched off.

Is there anyway to clean these out? I heard somewhere that toothpaste works?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

I've unfortunately managed to scratch my m8 screen with keys, the scratches are light, but annoying when the phone is switched off.

Is there anyway to clean these out? I heard somewhere that toothpaste works?

Is your scratches on the screen if so then why dont you send it to htc?htc offers free 1 time screen replacement within first 6 months. :laugh:
Also you can use small bit of toothpaste. :angel:

ammurad

Feb 23, 2009
Is your scratches on the screen if so then why dont you send it to htc?htc offers free 1 time screen replacement within first 6 months. :laugh:
Also you can use small bit of toothpaste. :angel:

Thanks. I did think of that, but I have an unlocked bootloader with s-off, which I guess voids my warranty?

Thanks. I did think of that, but I have an unlocked bootloader with s-off, which I guess voids my warranty?

Try to return each and everything to stock(rom/recovery/kernel)then lock bootloader then act like you dont know that you have S-Off device.In us and uk they wont see if you have s-on or s-off.Also you have to act a bit. ;) ;) ;)

Reactions: ammurad

K-a-M-u-Z-u

Nov 15, 2010
Those scratches are noticeable only when screen is off.you won't see them when you are using the phone, so I don't understand why does it bother people...
Do you look at your phone when it's switched off? I mean more then a second?In my opinion, What you don't see, is not worth worrying about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ammurad

Feb 23, 2009
Those scratches are noticeable only when screen is off.you won't see them when you are using the phone, so I don't understand why does it bother people...
Do you look at your phone when it's switched off? I mean more then a second?In my opinion, What you don't see, is not worth worrying about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You are right I guess. Plus I just realised the HTC advantage programme is not available in the UK. I would have to use a local outlet.

Toothpaste it is then!

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You are right I guess. Plus I just realised the HTC advantage programme is not available in the UK. I would have to use a local outlet.

Toothpaste it is then!

Just be aware the screen has a special coating, if you rub it off where the scratch is you may find this leaves a noticeable patch and you may end up having to remove the coating from the whole screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try to return each and everything to stock(rom/recovery/kernel)then lock bootloader then act like you dont know that you have S-Off device.In us and uk they wont see if you have s-on or s-off.Also you have to act a bit. ;) ;) ;)