[ROM][4.1.2][12/25][OFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.1 Builds

Search This thread

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
I understand. But cmon. Give us noobies a break

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Haha I'd do the same thing to anyone else, even the most experienced dev because everyone needs to know the rules. Think of it more as a learning experience. So you know what not to do next time, and help other "noobs"

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Z1cK

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
@chrisb906

I did actually ask you to not dig up old threads a few hours ago right here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329557

Your reply to KungFuCracka94 was completely uncalled for, and as pandasa123 pointed out, immature too. All he was doing was pointing out that you had done something wrong. All too often on XDA when someone has been called out their reaction is to become ultra defensive to the point of being rude and aggressive, this just doesn't fly. Especially when it was them that was wrong in the first place.

Old threads do not get deleted, this one in particular because it contains and ROM and many pieces of valuable information. It's impossible to 'give you noobies a break' when only a mere few hours after being advised not to do something you do the same damn thing again.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: Z1cK

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Yea. I seen that. Lol. Sorry

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

All I know is that his comment sounded condescending. So sorry for being a jerk. But I am tired of ppl talking to me like I am stupid . and I am far from stupid.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I get frustrated too. I try to relinquish myself from being condescending. I know ppl on here get frustrated and its understandable. I looked at this thread and didn't realize the date. All I knew is that this was and is a good rom and was looking for some info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Builds
    For the HTC One XL (AT&T HTC One X)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

downloads-4.png

4.1 Milestone 1.1: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/aokp/aokp_jb-4.1_evita-milestone1.1.zip
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

installation-1.png

1. Download the latest build from above depending on what version you want (4.1 or 4.2)
    2. Download the Jellybean Google Apps package from a site such as http://goo.im/gapps
    3. Reboot into your recovery of choice
    4. Make a backup of your current device
    5. (optional) Transfer that backup to your PC for safekeeping
    6. Factory Wipe your device if you aren't coming from AOKP Jellybean already
    7. Install the ROM zip, followed by the Google Apps package
    8. IF YOU CAME FROM THE 2.20 FIRMWARE/NEWER HBOOT, THEN YOU MUST FLASH THE BOOT.IMG FROM THE ZIP THROUGH FASTBOOT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BOOTLOOPING IF YOU FLASHED A CUSTOM KERNEL OR DID NOT MANUALLY FLASH THE STOCK KERNEL VIA FASTBOOT.

Lastly, if you enjoy my work and what I've done for this device, then please consider donating to motivate me further.

Donations are never required but always very much appreciated :) All my money comes from donations as I am in high school. Thank you very much. My link is right below my name on the left.

source-2.png

If you want to see the 4.1 Source + Device files, go here: http://github.com/AOKP/
    Good news- this ROM is now official!
    We got merged in last night and I did a test build using official sources, everything seems to have worked well.

Next Build 4 will be posted on aokp.co! This thread will be turned into a discussion/problems thread, instead of a release thread. For support from Build 4 and onwards, you can head over to #AOKP-support on IRC, or post here like normal.

A hearty thanks goes out to all the AOKP team members for approving my device maintainership.
    So just a quick update...

Good news and bad news:

Good news is that 4.2 is almost done merging into AOKP. The frameworks were completely overhauled by Google, and although the update doesn't seem like a big one over 4.1.2, under the hood it is huge.

Bad news is that AOKP had to rebase off AOSP again. All features have been merged since then, but hardware support is currently only for Nexii. That means that right now our device is not working in AOKP. However, the last few days I've been working dilligently (hence my lack of updates or anything) and so far I've gotten it to compile and hang at HTC screen. Good thing about this is that I actually have adb at this screen, which means that stuff is indeed working under the hood, but some things like the adreno drivers are keeping the ROM from booting.

I'll provide another update if any more progress is made.