Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

lol

jelly bombed sgs3 jelly bomber 4 life
Publication5.png

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
dude get rid of that hideous signature. that's cool that you're a jellybomb supporter, but that sig is obnoxious.

Reactions: cdt82002

fishon975

Dec 7, 2012
Re: Aosp vs touch wiz????????

Only thing I like aosp over tw is that Wi-Fi hotspot is built into the Rom's settings vs tw. Tw Rom's, you have to use the Wi-Fi tether app which kills the wifi afte you use it. I use apex launcher so it really doesnt matter rom I am using. I noticed that the aosp on the s3 have too many bugs in them and i noticed that it kill my battery more than the tw roms. The options on the aosp roms are pretty nice to have.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012

I love the look of AOSP, Love stock android, but touchwiz is just stable. Touchwiz has an okay look, but has cool features. Wish I could have the AOSP ROM, with the touchwiz reliability.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █

I love the look of AOSP, Love stock android, but touchwiz is just stable. Touchwiz has an okay look, but has cool features. Wish I could have the AOSP ROM, with the touchwiz reliability.

Beans rom is as close as you'll get to that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: Whiplashh

air2k57

Oct 5, 2009

I love aosp, that's why I have nexus 4. Well, that, among other sprint related reasons.

Touch wiz is too bloated to me, it looks okay, but doesn't look that good when compared to android 4.2 stock. To me, it is buggy, and I don't understand why Samsung had to make every stock app so ugly.

When I used gs3, I would always flash cm10.1, it worked okay at best though. Weird bugs, issues with data on sprint... Etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Whiplashh

squeeks716

Jan 8, 2013
A2DP bug keeps me on TW

I like the phone ringing screen better in TW too, AOSP covers the callers image with the slide to answer box.

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix

Touchwiz for sure. There's always something in an AOSP ROM that doesn't work.

Reactions: The Root

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
i have a sprint gs3 (SPH-L710) currently with stock android 4.1.1 (no root)

the other day i tried CM10.1 nightly and got it working without a hitch

i tried to run quadrant and it kept freezing with a "cancel" button showing but did not respond when i touched it.

it also seemed not fast when swiping to different screens in the main u.i.

anyhow i like the default/stock android 4.1.1 from samsung (touchwiz) but i really wish i had all the sprint garbage off it as i use wifi only with skype or google voice

(i have no contract with cellular service at all) so i would really like a rom like touchwiz but without sprint garbage.

anyone recommend one that is stable and fast?
is there a stock sprint rom that has just had all the sprint stuff removed or a tut showing which items i can remove if im rooted and not mess up my phone?

thanks

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE

i have a sprint gs3 (SPH-L710) currently with stock android 4.1.1 (no root)

the other day i tried CM10.1 nightly and got it working without a hitch

i tried to run quadrant and it kept freezing with a "cancel" button showing but did not respond when i touched it.

it also seemed not fast when swiping to different screens in the main u.i.

anyhow i like the default/stock android 4.1.1 from samsung (touchwiz) but i really wish i had all the sprint garbage off it as i use wifi only with skype or google voice

(i have no contract with cellular service at all) so i would really like a rom like touchwiz but without sprint garbage.

anyone recommend one that is stable and fast?
is there a stock sprint rom that has just had all the sprint stuff removed or a tut showing which items i can remove if im rooted and not mess up my phone?

thanks

I have noticed anything that really pushes the CPU slows the phone and or freezes it until reboot on CM 10.1 Antutu and quadrant both tweak out and I hear a lot of people that run games say it makes their screen go black or freezes the whole phone.

This message brought to you by my Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) on CyanogenMod 10.1

Oct 22, 2011

Gotta throw in a plug for my favorite Rom, Wicked Sensations. It's TW based so everything works, but it's debloated and fully themed so it's smooth, fast, rock solid stable, and beautiful... doesn't really look like tw at all. Best of both worlds!

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
the people (teams) who make the AOSP roms dont they have a blueprint like what their target should be?

i would think it would be like a google nexus device as that should be the OFFICIAL AOSP device?

are any of these teams trying to do just that?

say i want my GS3 to be pure AOSP that would mean i wanted it closest to possible as a GOOGLE NEXUS device shouldnt it?

so with that info there could someone tell me a rom that is pure AOSP (PURE NEXUS)?

thanks

the people (teams) who make the AOSP roms dont they have a blueprint like what their target should be?

i would think it would be like a google nexus device as that should be the OFFICIAL AOSP device?

are any of these teams trying to do just that?

say i want my GS3 to be pure AOSP that would mean i wanted it closest to possible as a GOOGLE NEXUS device shouldnt it?

so with that info there could someone tell me a rom that is pure AOSP (PURE NEXUS)?

thanks

Thing is that the nexus didn't have the hardware that the sgs3 does. Ok here's my best understanding in a metaphor:

Imagine you had a gaming pc with all the best specs. Then imagine that the version of Windows you had to run to support your Nvidia card work at the best level also included a bunch of crap and bloatware. You could run the stripped down version of Windows but it doesn't have all the drivers perfected for your high level hardware. Either way you lose, either way you win. Luckily this is best incarnation of Touchwiz and can be disabled easier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have known that the 8 question marks in the title were going to lead to a post with butchered spelling and grammar as if the English dictionary doesn't exist.
    AOSP: can't take advantage of eHRPD to transition from 3g to LTE fast and cleanly because eHRPD is proprietary. So it takes ages to switch back and forth and you lose data.

TW: doesn't have this problem and has other features that AOSP doesn't have along with the other features that AOSP does have.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    TW: gaudy but plenty of added features
    AOSP: clean and unobtrusive, more substantially moddable

AOKP is my daily, but I flash TW ROMs when they catch my eye.

What is the difference between the 3: TouchWiz, AOSP & AOKP?

Touchwiz is Samsung. aOSP is pure Google, and AOKP/CM are modified AOSP.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gotta throw in a plug for my favorite Rom, Wicked Sensations. It's TW based so everything works, but it's debloated and fully themed so it's smooth, fast, rock solid stable, and beautiful... doesn't really look like tw at all. Best of both worlds!