OmniROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Has anyone else experienced their extSD card not mounting? When I went to restore all of my apps and data from Titanium Backup, it was unable to locate anything from my extSD. I realized that it was because it hadn't mounted, and when I clicked "mount SD card" nothing happened.

yes i get the blank sd card notification. but the stuff on the card are there when i go back to TWRP. probably bad driver for the card reader

Mrzoops

Sep 20, 2012
OP has stated that these are all issues. I have been following the progress he is making on the N7100 thread and they have already fixed the media issue, camera issue, cell service, and SD card issue. I'm sure he will be working on this version soon enough. Once done it will be awesome.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
OP has stated that these are all issues. I have been following the progress he is making on the N7100 thread and they have already fixed the media issue, camera issue, cell service, and SD card issue. I'm sure he will be working on this version soon enough. Once done it will be awesome.

yup yup what he said, good to see a dev still updating regularly for our phone :good:

Esevw

May 31, 2010
Puyallup
Awesome I can't wait for those issues to be fixed so we can use this rom to its full potential. Big thanks to the Dev doing work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

sabrdawg

Awesome :) Yup, it was all there as soon as I went back to TWRP.

Drjjones426

Jan 8, 2011
Can wait for an update when the ril issue is resolved!!

Drjjones426

Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone here have working cellular network?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Was there an update since the originally 11/11 release? I haven't tried since everyone said no signal. Downloading now and will report back asap

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Unknown baseband. WiFi works but doesnt gmail doesn't sync nor do contacts apps don't auto download with setup.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Want me to look at anything else before I revert to my backup?

int03h

May 20, 2008
Been running it for a few hours now and all is good the only random reboot I get is when I load Skype or tango up and do a video call the phone will reboot WiFi and cellular working great.

Esevw

May 31, 2010
Puyallup
Been running it for a few hours now and all is good the only random reboot I get is when I load Skype or tango up and do a video call the phone will reboot WiFi and cellular working great.

Did you flash the Nov 11th Rom? What is the size of that rom?

aloxotls

Nov 23, 2009
Tomball, TX
I installed the latest CWM, then installed the 11/11 ROM and now I have cell signal. I am just a couple of minutes into it so I have not experienced any bugs yet. :laugh::good:

Edit: I do not have root access?
Edit: I tried SuperSu from play store instead of following the OP's instructions, oops! I cannot get the SD card to mount

Last edited:

Mrzoops

Sep 20, 2012
Are you guys using the latest version of cwm with or without touch?

edit: nevermind I see the version on the1st post.

Last edited:

Mrzoops

Sep 20, 2012
Flashed and have cell service now. Tried camera, and phone rebooted. Tried camera second time and still reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SGH-T889
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2013-10-22
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    New build with multiwindow

T889: http://goo.gl/OOgLlo
    MD5: http://goo.gl/Rg4Doy

This build compared to Jan 4 Nightly
    -Multiwindow.
    -Exfat support should be fixed for all sdcard.
    -Touchwake control in device settings.

To launch app in multiwindow -
    1) Open first app
    2) Press home
    3) Open second app
    4) Open recent apps (default - hold home button)
    5) Click and hold the preview of first app
    6) Select add to split view

To come out of multiwindow -
    1) Open recent apps
    2) Select the app you wanna launch
    3) You'll have to do it for both apps or it would look bugged.
    For anyone having issues with this ROM, do a fresh install using CWMR. The SELinux passive method works fine but it drains the battery. Although TWRP is a great recovery do not use it for this one. The radios will not work without SELinux. If you are having issue installing nightlies automatically, the absolute best recovery to use is PHILZ Touch CWMR. He has a thread elsewhere on the forum. He has moded CWMR to include all of the features from TWRP, CWMR, CWMR Touch plus many other cool features. Put SU, Photosphere and any other zip in the OpenDelta FlashAfterUpdate folder and everything works flawlessly. If the automatic update encounters issues, go into his advance settings and change the storage location from Media to 0 or vise versa. Im not a developer I just took the hours of time to read and used the hours needed to try them all. PhilzTouch is the best not just for this ROM but most others. :D:D:D.
    Use Slim Kat 4.4

They have the ONLY stable release of 4.4 kit Kat that I know of.

Omnirom seems to always have bugs, which is why I refrain from using it..

There is NO disrespect what so ever intended to the developer. What i replied with was ENTIRELY the TRUTH.

There has yet to be a 4.4 version of Omnirom classified as "Stable". All are Beta.

Beta= Bugs. The end.

Please stop trying to start $ h! T.

I'd like to know all the major bugs you have with OmniROM.

Just by looking at a piece of code in slimroms github, I can tell that the camera is unstable. At least the stock one.
    Omni doesn't mark builds as stable to avoid cases like mentioned above.

SlimRoms have marked a build stable even when camera is unstable, real racing 3 & ridge racer and a few other games have serious audio issues, WiFi direct doesn't work, low audio in calls. And these are just the one I can tell by looking at code.

And if omni is the one which is unstable then why do slimroms take so many device-specific commits authored by me or ROM wide commits authored by omni.

Most such Roms don't really check if all devices are really stable. For them its just nexus, oppo in case of cm and then they mark every device stable.
    Simply marking builds as stable doesn't mark the end of it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Ok guys, many of you complain that changelog is not understandable and/or I should announce all the new features.
    But it is very difficult to post same msg in 4 different threads(i maintain 4 note 2 variants) and answer everyone separately in separate threads.
    So I have decided to announce all the features through my twitter account - twitter.com/UtkarshGupta97 .
    I will not reply to any questions there, dm or tweet, none. I may reply to feature related questions but not other questions. So don't ask me.

I also considered announcing via g+ omni community, but I am sure people will keep asking questions (general/devices specific ones).