Can't install apps through the Market on factory reset rooted device

Search This thread

Psyrical

May 19, 2012
My Nexus S have been messed up for a while now cos Google apps would never work on it, so I decided to factory reset and wipe my Nexus S clean, then root it to install a new rom. I factory reset, wipe, and rooted it but when I went to install rom manager to install a new rom, I can't install anything from the market. I've download the rom manager apk and placed it in a file but I can't access it since there is no app to browse files on the device.

Also I can't get service on the phone for some reason and airplane mode keeps turning on itself.

Android version: 2.3.1
Build number: GRH78

My Nexus S have been messed up for a while now cos Google apps would never work on it, so I decided to factory reset and wipe my Nexus S clean, then root it to install a new rom. I factory reset, wipe, and rooted it but when I went to install rom manager to install a new rom, I can't install anything from the market. I've download the rom manager apk and placed it in a file but I can't access it since there is no app to browse files on the device.

Also I can't get service on the phone for some reason and airplane mode keeps turning on itself.

Download a custom rom zip and flash it via recovery

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Psyrical

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
2.3.1! *shudders*

Use Nexus Root Toolkit. It will take care of all your needs.

Flash a custom recovery from fastboot and then install a ROM of your choice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I think it's not possible to flash a custom recovery from stock recovery.

Status 0 error?

2.3.1! *shudders*

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Status 0 error?

Download latest recovery and flash it following this method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35132445

Or install via nexus s toolkit

richyg83

Feb 19, 2014
Erfurt

Follow the steps above to get a working recovery running. Then Flash a Custom Rom by "install zip from SD Card".

Important: Flash the correct GAPPS right after flashing the Rom. If there`re still Problems, try to fix permissions in recoverys Options

Psyrical

May 19, 2012
Thanks everyone I managed to install a new rom (Illusion) and everything is working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2.3.1! *shudders*

Status 0 error?

2.3.1! *shudders*

Status 0 error?

Download latest recovery and flash it following this method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35132445

Or install via nexus s toolkit

Follow the steps above to get a working recovery running. Then Flash a Custom Rom by "install zip from SD Card".

Important: Flash the correct GAPPS right after flashing the Rom. If there`re still Problems, try to fix permissions in recoverys Options