Root xt1058

Search This thread

king3

Nov 20, 2010
Bogotá
Good evening, I've just bought a Motorola Moto X XT1058 here in my country (Colombia) and I would like to know what steps can I take to being able to root and install a tweaked ROM based on the some official ROM (I dont like CM or AOSP, I enjoy a ROM based in a Stock ROM). There are too many ROMs and too many ROOT methods and I do not know which one use for XT1058. Thanks for the help.:confused:

Reactions: SD Subhab
D

Darth

Everything you need to know is here,

The Complete Moto X Guide

And as for ROMs, there aren't many, so read the opening posts in the dev section and see what's for you and stock based. ;)

Last edited:

smelc

Oct 2, 2013
Some news about unlock XT1058?

Hi folks,

I'll try to resurect this thread :p

I just get a refurbished MotoX, that unfortunatelly was a XT1058 att...
I would like to know if there has been new devlopments about unlocking its bootloader, knowing that I am under Lollipop 5.1 now.

My aim is to root the phone, especially to use apps that automatically cut the data, wifi or any connexions such as lean data. By default here is question 2: is there a way to use such kind of app without rooting?

Thanks a lot,

Smelc

D

Darth

Hi folks,

I'll try to resurect this thread :p

I just get a refurbished MotoX, that unfortunatelly was a XT1058 att...
I would like to know if there has been new devlopments about unlocking its bootloader, knowing that I am under Lollipop 5.1 now.

My aim is to root the phone, especially to use apps that automatically cut the data, wifi or any connexions such as lean data. By default here is question 2: is there a way to use such kind of app without rooting?

Thanks a lot,

Smelc

Juice defender likely does what you want...no root required. But be warned....it usually wastes more battery than it saves. There's no need to disable those things. If battery life is bad....there's likely a reason. Like app wakelocks. Check out Wakelock detector's pc version, no root required to see app wakelocks. Phone battery stat apps need root to show app wakelocks. You need to troubleshoot. Battery saving apps are terrible. Unless MAYBE if your're an extremely light user that barely touches their phone. :)

Also, as far as I know....unless Sunshine works on 5.1 now, there is no way to unlock your bootloader, or root at this time. Sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1- Unlock the bootloader
    2- Flash TWRP via fastboot
    3- Flash SuperSU via TWRP

Thats all!

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 mediante Tapatalk
    Good evening, I've just bought a Motorola Moto X XT1058 here in my country (Colombia) and I would like to know what steps can I take to being able to root and install a tweaked ROM based on the some official ROM (I dont like CM or AOSP, I enjoy a ROM based in a Stock ROM). There are too many ROMs and too many ROOT methods and I do not know which one use for XT1058. Thanks for the help.:confused: