[Q] How to set Ring, Vibrate, Ring&Vibrate modes

Search This thread

Static-xy

Jun 6, 2014
Hi guys,

On my nexus 5, I can set my phone to silent, only vibrate, only ring, ring&vibrate sound modes. However problem I'm heaving is that those modes work only for phone incoming calls.
But for apps like messages, email notification, fb ... I can not make it to go into all 4 those modes. If I go into app setting and for notifications if I check sound box and vibrate box - then my phone would vibrate even if it is set to ring mode. If I uncheck vibrate in app settings - then my phone will not vibrate when is set to ring&vibrate mode. It will only vibrate when is on only vibrate mode.

Is there a way to fix this so I can have silent, only vibrate, only ring, and ring&vibrate mode for calls and app notifications?

Static-xy

Jun 6, 2014
I use Llama for this. Tasker would also work.
How did you set Llama to get it to work. I have Llama but it does not do what i'm looking for; that is when set to ring only mode phone calls and notifications would ring/sound only. When set to ring&vibrate phone calls and notifications would ring and vibrate.

So far only way to make this happen is to go to every app and check notification vibrate when i want it to ring and vibrate. But this is pain in the b... to always change for every app.