Weird camera colour balance?

Search This thread

christonabike

Jul 19, 2009
Bournemouth
try these guys...

camera and camera dll from the 148 rom

Cool, I'll give that a go when I get home. Thanks.

I poked HTC with a stick via email and got a reply back. It's a standard reply but maybe they really are looking into it ;)

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of this issue at HTC and are currently looking into it.
Apologies for any inconvienience.

Best Regards,
HTC Technical Support.

Simon D

Apr 26, 2006

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 69

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I poked HTC with a stick via email and got a reply back. It's a standard reply but maybe they really are looking into it ;)

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of this issue at HTC and are currently looking into it.
Apologies for any inconvienience.

Best Regards,
HTC Technical Support.
I managed to find a spot in between Theatre patient's and popped back in.

christonabike, yes they are aware of it..... I for one have been in communication with them. DId you not read my earlier post?

christonabike

Jul 19, 2009
Bournemouth
christonabike, yes they are aware of it..... I for one have been in communication with them. DId you not read my earlier post?

I ran the email off to them this morning before checking this thread so I hadn't read your post at the time. They didn't fob me off with the hard reset crap so I guess they're getting the picture that it's a more generic problem. (crosses fingers)

Simon D

Apr 26, 2006
do you have touch focus switched on? if you do thats why the other options are greyed out
Oh yeah! Thanks for that, however on my HD and TD2 you can still change the metering mode when Touch Focus is on??!!

Just another thought, you can clearly see the pink tinge on the screen BEFORE you take the picture, so I wonder if that means it's lens related rather than software or processing? :(

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Just another thought, you can clearly see the pink tinge on the screen BEFORE you take the picture, so I wonder if that means it's lens related rather than software or processing? :(
That was exactly my thought and will be in the next message I send back to HTC Support.

Dr.Sid

Nov 27, 2008
Well software is used to render live preview as well ! Quite probable the same software which is used for rendering the final picture. So it still can be software related.

I say it is either optical problem, or bad software trying to fix some optical problem. For example vignetting or barrel distortion are often corrected by software these days and if it does not match the lens perfectly, similar artifacts may appear.

But still, this looks simply as bad lens job. Is it some batch related or does EVERY HD2 exhibit this ?

DMAND

Dec 6, 2006
Either its a ROM isssue or the first batch have a fault as I got mine yesterday and doesnt have this pink blobbly tinge in the middle

mkent_barbados

Jan 17, 2006
I have found that when I first start the camera I have this problem, but if I change metering modes it goes away, even if I go back go the original mode (auto). so hopefully it's software in my case.

DMAND

Dec 6, 2006
I got mine from clove.co.uk,

I've tried photographing a white wall last night without the flash and with, when I get chance I'll upload the pics.

There may be the ever so slightess hint of pink the no flash pic maybe, but nowhere near as bad as some of the pics posted.

Last edited:

Dr.Sid

Nov 27, 2008
Well I guess you would need exact same conditions. No one said it is that bad on every picture.