[REVIEW] LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW HTC One M8 Case

Search This thread

theandies

!!!!!!!!!!!!! <SEE BELOW FOR ADDED CONTENT> !!!!!!!!!!

LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW HTC One M8 Case Clear View | Scratch-Resistant Hybrid Slim Transparent Case/Cover

$5.95 - Amazon (Less Shipping)

Overall the case is what it is. Fit is good except for the top and bottom lips on the screen side but it's not that bad. There are manufacturing seams on the sides but you can't really feel them. The charging port cutout was a little off but I fixed it with a xacto knife. Before the fix I'd have to move the case a little to get the connector to plug completely in. There is what I'm calling a manufacturing defect on the bottom near the charging port. Not sure if this would be present on all of these cases or it's just on mine. No big deal, I'm not looking to win a beauty contest.
The IR blaster works. I've not notice the "flash flare" some have reported with other clear cases. It say scratch resistant but I've not used it enough to tell it that is true or not. The case feels "grippy" in your hand but not enough to snag in your pocket. The back of the case seems like a little harder material than the sides. It goes on and off easily. There is no cutout for the SIM or SD slots so the case will have to be removed to change those. The volume rocker is completely covered so there is minor protection there. I will report back on scratching and yellowing seen in many of these clear cases
If you are looking for a minimal case for $6 you can't go wrong. I'm just using it at work and when I'm out and about as I like the naked feel of this phone and take it off when I'm at home.
My brother bought a Spigen® clear case. It seems to offer a little more protection at the price of bulk. They are comparable but I prefer this one as it feels a little less bulky. Hope this helps.

Pictures:

80-123_2709a25def9358d35c4fa721c7577b9ceaf90e8c.jpg

80-45_89e7bbae71e68d3ec4c37eae5c25c8f443f8ca29.jpg

80-67_aa9b5a7046180757a42881922de7a3aa0e0931da.jpg

Beauty Shots - NOTE - the HTC logo is shown through the case to illustrate the clarity.

80-beauty_3ff371525e00182be402ae4cdf75fa3c0117220f.jpg

ADDED CONTENT:
FYI
Well I've only really used this case for 2 days (first two days back to work after receiving the case) and I just noticed a pretty good scratch on the back of the case. There are also some very small scratches that are hard to see unless you hold it at just the right angle.

80-img_20140821_135705_e0b018b54d2da62e85dbd274343a468be959e8fe.jpg

I'm not concerned becasue this is why I bought a case. I'm reporting this as the marketing for this case says it's scratch resistant which it is clearly not. I'd expect more than 2 days of use before seeing any significant scratches. Oh well, for $6 I'm happy and it's almost a disposable item if it gets really bad.

Added Content:
Afer a few weeks of use I can say this case is working just fine. I've never had a clear case so I'm not sure how long it takes to discolor but this one is still as clear as the day I put it on. I like to go naked when I'm at home and this case is easy to take off and put back on. The big scratch pictured above is still the only big scratch it has. There are a bunch of small scratches that can only be seen if held at the right angle. So far I am very pleased with this case that I might not even get a Skinomi or other wrap at this time. I have yet to drop my phone with this on (don't hold your breath, I treat this thing like a baby) so Not sure how it would protect if it hit on concrete or another hard surface. I think it would help a little. This case has not scratched the phone and I've not noticed any dirt getting between it and the phone. Whenever I put the case on I use my microfiber cloth to clean the case and the phone before installation.

Recommended :good:

Last edited:

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Looks like a case that resemble the case I got from my m8 box. Looks pretty glossy.

Sent from my HTC ONE M8 HK

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Great review, that thing in the picture you don't know is probably a remnant of a tab gate. When the injection molding/extrusion happens the plastic goes through the gate, then they break it off of the runner when cured.

Reactions: Oditius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! <SEE BELOW FOR ADDED CONTENT> !!!!!!!!!!

LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW HTC One M8 Case Clear View | Scratch-Resistant Hybrid Slim Transparent Case/Cover

$5.95 - Amazon (Less Shipping)

Overall the case is what it is. Fit is good except for the top and bottom lips on the screen side but it's not that bad. There are manufacturing seams on the sides but you can't really feel them. The charging port cutout was a little off but I fixed it with a xacto knife. Before the fix I'd have to move the case a little to get the connector to plug completely in. There is what I'm calling a manufacturing defect on the bottom near the charging port. Not sure if this would be present on all of these cases or it's just on mine. No big deal, I'm not looking to win a beauty contest.
    The IR blaster works. I've not notice the "flash flare" some have reported with other clear cases. It say scratch resistant but I've not used it enough to tell it that is true or not. The case feels "grippy" in your hand but not enough to snag in your pocket. The back of the case seems like a little harder material than the sides. It goes on and off easily. There is no cutout for the SIM or SD slots so the case will have to be removed to change those. The volume rocker is completely covered so there is minor protection there. I will report back on scratching and yellowing seen in many of these clear cases
    If you are looking for a minimal case for $6 you can't go wrong. I'm just using it at work and when I'm out and about as I like the naked feel of this phone and take it off when I'm at home.
    My brother bought a Spigen® clear case. It seems to offer a little more protection at the price of bulk. They are comparable but I prefer this one as it feels a little less bulky. Hope this helps.

Pictures:

80-123_2709a25def9358d35c4fa721c7577b9ceaf90e8c.jpg

80-45_89e7bbae71e68d3ec4c37eae5c25c8f443f8ca29.jpg

80-67_aa9b5a7046180757a42881922de7a3aa0e0931da.jpg

Beauty Shots - NOTE - the HTC logo is shown through the case to illustrate the clarity.

80-beauty_3ff371525e00182be402ae4cdf75fa3c0117220f.jpg

ADDED CONTENT:
    FYI
    Well I've only really used this case for 2 days (first two days back to work after receiving the case) and I just noticed a pretty good scratch on the back of the case. There are also some very small scratches that are hard to see unless you hold it at just the right angle.

80-img_20140821_135705_e0b018b54d2da62e85dbd274343a468be959e8fe.jpg

I'm not concerned becasue this is why I bought a case. I'm reporting this as the marketing for this case says it's scratch resistant which it is clearly not. I'd expect more than 2 days of use before seeing any significant scratches. Oh well, for $6 I'm happy and it's almost a disposable item if it gets really bad.

Added Content:
    Afer a few weeks of use I can say this case is working just fine. I've never had a clear case so I'm not sure how long it takes to discolor but this one is still as clear as the day I put it on. I like to go naked when I'm at home and this case is easy to take off and put back on. The big scratch pictured above is still the only big scratch it has. There are a bunch of small scratches that can only be seen if held at the right angle. So far I am very pleased with this case that I might not even get a Skinomi or other wrap at this time. I have yet to drop my phone with this on (don't hold your breath, I treat this thing like a baby) so Not sure how it would protect if it hit on concrete or another hard surface. I think it would help a little. This case has not scratched the phone and I've not noticed any dirt getting between it and the phone. Whenever I put the case on I use my microfiber cloth to clean the case and the phone before installation.

Recommended :good:
    Have you guys tried the Baseus Ultra Thin Clear TPU Case? Best looks imo, at the expense of less protection
    High-Quality-Original-Baseus-Ultra-Thin-Transparent-Clear-Back-Cover-For-HTC-One-M8-TPU-Soft.jpg
    Great review, that thing in the picture you don't know is probably a remnant of a tab gate. When the injection molding/extrusion happens the plastic goes through the gate, then they break it off of the runner when cured.