[MOD] FuguTweaks

Search This thread

renaud

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2010
Braine-l'Alleud
This tweak adds responsiveness on the phone. What it does is replace app_process and system_server binaries by the ones found in android 2.3.3_r1 or 3.1 (v0.2)

Note that those binaries have been compiled by me from google official source.

This has been qualified by supercurio as a taste of the Nexus S 2.3.3 smoothness. :)

It will not make your battery last longer or the opposite. Neither will it improve quadrant benchmarks.

Thanks to zurchpet for packing the initial change as a cwm .zip update

You can download the cwm flashable package. Binaries in the zip can also be replaced using root explorer or adb, but you will need a reboot for the changes to take effect.

You can download 0.2 (only tested on GB at the moment) http://faramir.eriador.org/r/app_process. It is only the app_process binary, you need to install it by hand.

- This has only been tested on Samsung Galaxy S, but it may work on other devices too
- This has currently been developped on DOC 9.6.6 with fugumod but should work on most other froyo roms/kernels

Boot animation will not work (black screen) with following kernels (that means that the tweak works but you won't be able to see the animation):
- FuguMod
- Damian Ultimate
- SOKernel v4.8.2
EDIT: it does seem that it is dependent on the filesystem you are running for /system

Applications reported to have problems:
- LCG Jukebox

Reported to work against the following ROMs:
- DOC ROM
- Darky 9.3
- Tricky (incorporates the tweaks by default)
- Serendipity

Reported to work on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Captivate
- Samsung Vibrant
- Samsung Galaxy 3
- Samsung Galaxy spica
- Bell Vibrant i9000m
- Sony Xperia X10
- ZTE Blade

There is no option to restore your old files automatically because I cannot make a restore for all the versions of all the roms. So if you think you will need to make a restore, please manually backup the files (i.e. using rootexplorer).

If you like it, remember there are donations which may help me getting a development phone ;)

Changelog:

- /system/bin/app_process 2.3.3_r1 AOSP
- /system/bin/system_server 2.3.3_r1 AOSP

- /system/bin/app_process 3.0 AOSP

Last edited:

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks for this, I know many ppl will have use for it :)
Keep the tweaks coming :)

While doing some research on fugumod and gingerbread, I found out that replacing app_process and system_server by the ones present in 2.3.3_r1 improve system responsiveness. This lead me to release tweaks for everyone.

You can download the cwm flashable package

Changelog:

- app_process 2.3.3_r1 AOSP
- system_server 2.3.3_r1 AOSP

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
This is for GB or Froyo?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

simone201

Sep 21, 2010
Lecco
Lost bootanimation with Damian Ultimate kernel...

legolas93

Jul 13, 2010
I'm trying it on Darky 9.3..

Mmm..i'll post my opinions later..but

In wich application do you see a major improvement?

;)

simone201

Sep 21, 2010
Lecco
I've tried on my Simply 2.4 ROM.....and immediately reverted to previous files!
The phone is became laggish with these bin files, and I've had low fps on Quadrant Benchmark.....from 1400 pts by stock (w EXT4) to 980 pts with your files....

Froyo 2.2.1 system files are better.....for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tweak adds responsiveness on the phone. What it does is replace app_process and system_server binaries by the ones found in android 2.3.3_r1 or 3.1 (v0.2)

Note that those binaries have been compiled by me from google official source.

This has been qualified by supercurio as a taste of the Nexus S 2.3.3 smoothness. :)

It will not make your battery last longer or the opposite. Neither will it improve quadrant benchmarks.

You can download the cwm flashable package. Binaries in the zip can also be replaced using root explorer or adb, but you will need a reboot for the changes to take effect.

You can download 0.2 (only tested on GB at the moment) http://faramir.eriador.org/r/app_process. It is only the app_process binary, you need to install it by hand.

- This has only been tested on Samsung Galaxy S, but it may work on other devices too
    - This has currently been developped on DOC 9.6.6 with fugumod but should work on most other froyo roms/kernels

Boot animation will not work (black screen) with following kernels (that means that the tweak works but you won't be able to see the animation):
    - FuguMod
    - Damian Ultimate
    - SOKernel v4.8.2
    EDIT: it does seem that it is dependent on the filesystem you are running for /system

Applications reported to have problems:
    - LCG Jukebox

Reported to work against the following ROMs:
    - DOC ROM
    - Darky 9.3
    - Tricky (incorporates the tweaks by default)
    - Serendipity

Reported to work on the following devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S
    - Samsung Captivate
    - Samsung Vibrant
    - Samsung Galaxy 3
    - Samsung Galaxy spica
    - Bell Vibrant i9000m
    - Sony Xperia X10
    - ZTE Blade

There is no option to restore your old files automatically because I cannot make a restore for all the versions of all the roms. So if you think you will need to make a restore, please manually backup the files (i.e. using rootexplorer).

If you like it, remember there are donations which may help me getting a development phone ;)

Changelog:

- /system/bin/app_process 2.3.3_r1 AOSP
    - /system/bin/system_server 2.3.3_r1 AOSP

- /system/bin/app_process 3.0 AOSP

reserved for future use
    What roms are this for? A bit more info please =)
    This is for GB or Froyo?

This is for froyo only. It "may" work on GB but it's not tested.
    Does it affect battery life in any sense?