resurrection remix with no google ?

Search This thread

b5d

Dec 5, 2012
I searched about this problem all over the internet and I didn't find anything

It is about resurrection remix ROM .. I flashed the rom and flashed Gapps but when I use the ROM I couldn't find
Google play or Google play services

Also when I first start the ROM it didn't ask me if I have Google account or not like every other ROM
Did they remove Google services from ROM in purpose ?
Or is it just something I did wrong when I installed it ?

It tried to install the play store but I cannot open it also gmail didn't work it says it need Google play services
So I installed it but nothing happens ..(the date n time are correct)

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Try factory resetting and reflashing gapps.....the problems you have detailed seem specifically Google related and AFAIK should not have appeared if the gapps flash had gone right.....
The date and time are separate from Google....that information is supplied by your network provider.

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

Reactions: b5d

b5d

Dec 5, 2012
Try factory resetting and reflashing gapps.....the problems you have detailed seem specifically Google related and AFAIK should not have appeared if the gapps flash had gone right.....
The date and time are separate from Google....that information is supplied by your network provider.

Thanks for the replay geek :) (I'm the geekest of geeks BTW)

I tried what you said but nothing changed ..it's like not android any more what I know is even tho you
Didn't installed gapps the ROM will still ask you about Google account

But in my case it didn't and It didn't allow me to install it either
Is the ROM Chinese ?

Last edited:
Reactions: keithross39

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Never used resurrection so I don't know it's origins....but that shouldn't make a difference anyway.....
Can you check something?....
Go to settings and accounts, and see if there is a Google account there....if there is, delete it and factory reset again....not from recovery, but from the settings menu.......

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Just checked my accounts, and it appears I have a sync error with my Google account. I wonder if thie same issue might be causing your problems.

b5d

Dec 5, 2012
Never used resurrection so I don't know it's origins....but that shouldn't make a difference anyway.....
Go to settings and accounts, and see if there is a Google account there....if there is, delete it and factory reset again....not from recovery, but from the settings menu.......

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Just checked my accounts, and it appears I have a sync error with my Google account. I wonder if thie same issue might be causing your problems.

There is no Google at all in the accounts just the account of the ROM and outlook I think
It's the best ROM I've tried so far and I tried A LOT

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Ah...ok fella.......
Could be worth a re flash of the ROM...... Might have got corrupted during download.....probably worth redownloading the ROM to make sure you flash a fresh copy......other than that, I don't know what it could be.......have you checked the resurrection threads to see if anybody else is having similar issues?

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Try a different GAPPs package, like PA or Slim. Worked for me with Res Remix

PS - Still waiting on the circuit from eBay if you're reading this Keith ;)

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford

You had the same issue as the OP? And this fixed it for you?.......
And I wouldn't worry too much about the board.....if you got it on ebay, you have PayPal to fall back on.....

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
You had the same issue as the OP? And this fixed it for you?.......
And I wouldn't worry too much about the board.....if you got it on ebay, you have PayPal to fall back on.....

Yeah mate, I reflashed ROM and then a different GAPPs package and everything worked as it should. I think it was Slim Minimal, but any Slim or PA should be ok.

Fitting the new board tonight after work, will report back in my thread how I get on ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the replay geek :) (I'm the geekest of geeks BTW)

I tried what you said but nothing changed ..it's like not android any more what I know is even tho you
    Didn't installed gapps the ROM will still ask you about Google account

But in my case it didn't and It didn't allow me to install it either
    Is the ROM Chinese ?

Ah...ok fella.......
    Could be worth a re flash of the ROM...... Might have got corrupted during download.....probably worth redownloading the ROM to make sure you flash a fresh copy......other than that, I don't know what it could be.......have you checked the resurrection threads to see if anybody else is having similar issues?