[MOD] FuguTweaks

Search This thread

fla.sh

Jun 30, 2011
<b>Location:</b>
Hi, I can confirm that it works on Samsung Galaxy Ace :D
My device now run smoother and lockscreen lag now reduced... Thank you very much :)
I should inform other users, too...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tweak adds responsiveness on the phone. What it does is replace app_process and system_server binaries by the ones found in android 2.3.3_r1 or 3.1 (v0.2)

Note that those binaries have been compiled by me from google official source.

This has been qualified by supercurio as a taste of the Nexus S 2.3.3 smoothness. :)

It will not make your battery last longer or the opposite. Neither will it improve quadrant benchmarks.

Thanks to zurchpet for packing the initial change as a cwm .zip update

You can download the cwm flashable package. Binaries in the zip can also be replaced using root explorer or adb, but you will need a reboot for the changes to take effect.

You can download 0.2 (only tested on GB at the moment) http://faramir.eriador.org/r/app_process. It is only the app_process binary, you need to install it by hand.

- This has only been tested on Samsung Galaxy S, but it may work on other devices too
    - This has currently been developped on DOC 9.6.6 with fugumod but should work on most other froyo roms/kernels

Boot animation will not work (black screen) with following kernels (that means that the tweak works but you won't be able to see the animation):
    - FuguMod
    - Damian Ultimate
    - SOKernel v4.8.2
    EDIT: it does seem that it is dependent on the filesystem you are running for /system

Applications reported to have problems:
    - LCG Jukebox

Reported to work against the following ROMs:
    - DOC ROM
    - Darky 9.3
    - Tricky (incorporates the tweaks by default)
    - Serendipity

Reported to work on the following devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S
    - Samsung Captivate
    - Samsung Vibrant
    - Samsung Galaxy 3
    - Samsung Galaxy spica
    - Bell Vibrant i9000m
    - Sony Xperia X10
    - ZTE Blade

There is no option to restore your old files automatically because I cannot make a restore for all the versions of all the roms. So if you think you will need to make a restore, please manually backup the files (i.e. using rootexplorer).

If you like it, remember there are donations which may help me getting a development phone ;)

Changelog:

- /system/bin/app_process 2.3.3_r1 AOSP
    - /system/bin/system_server 2.3.3_r1 AOSP

- /system/bin/app_process 3.0 AOSP

reserved for future use
    What roms are this for? A bit more info please =)
    This is for GB or Froyo?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

This is for froyo only. It "may" work on GB but it's not tested.
    Does it affect battery life in any sense?