[Q] Need help with Custom ROM

Search This thread

Bbychaos

Feb 27, 2013
I'm trying to install a custom rom onto my ATT Galaxy S4. I have Safestrap installed and I can boot to the recovery.
I've tried putting BeanStalk on it and it shows the "SafeStrap Enabled" and then shuts off. So then I did some more searching and put ProjectChaos on it. It'll boot to the custom bootlogo that I've chosen and it just stays there. It won't go past that.
I don't exactly know what I'm doing wrong here...
Can anyone give me any insight?

Thr33-F0ur

Oct 28, 2012
Baton Rouge
I'm trying to install a custom rom onto my ATT Galaxy S4. I have Safestrap installed and I can boot to the recovery.
I've tried putting BeanStalk on it and it shows the "SafeStrap Enabled" and then shuts off. So then I did some more searching and put ProjectChaos on it. It'll boot to the custom bootlogo that I've chosen and it just stays there. It won't go past that.
I don't exactly know what I'm doing wrong here...
Can anyone give me any insight?

which firmware are you coming from? Are you flashing the right kernel modules?

Reactions: Bbychaos
G

GuestX0019

I don't know about ProjectChaos, but thought Beanstalk was CM based. You can't run CM/AOSP roms. Only TW based with TW kernels--:)

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Check out Mapleleaf rom.... it is tw based and runs beautifully with the googy-max kernel....dumb question but you are wiping between rom changes right?

Reactions: Bbychaos

Bbychaos

Feb 27, 2013
Check out Mapleleaf rom.... it is tw based and runs beautifully with the googy-max kernel....dumb question but you are wiping between rom changes right?

Yes I am.

I'll check out the links. I've been busy so I haven't been able to try anything just yet. I'll report back when I get to mess with it

Bbychaos

Feb 27, 2013
I don't know about ProjectChaos, but thought Beanstalk was CM based. You can't run CM/AOSP roms. Only TW based with TW kernels--:)

I am assuming ProjectChaos is TW, I got it installed and it's running nicely.
The only problem I've had thus far (I just got it installed a few hours ago) is when it boots up it says "com.android.phone" has stopped when it boots up.
I had to go back into SS and Fix Permissions and rewipe cache, etc. because I was having a reboot issue. But that solved that.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

G

GuestX0019

I am assuming ProjectChaos is TW, I got it installed and it's running nicely.
The only problem I've had thus far (I just got it installed a few hours ago) is when it boots up it says "com.android.phone" has stopped when it boots up.
I had to go back into SS and Fix Permissions and rewipe cache, etc. because I was having a reboot issue. But that solved that.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Glad you got it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4

Top Liked Posts