Genuine ASUS Connect Dock

Search This thread

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
Having looked at the threads which discuss the pinout configuration for the 40pin connector I can say that it doesn't like there are any connections to HDMI available. There is no passthrough for HDMI on this dock and since it doesn't look like the connector has the pins that it would be pretty sure that it's not possible.

so no need to wait on a dock with HDMI. Thanks

matt11601

Jun 10, 2008
I haven't tried it but I'd say it would since the power input is the standard 40pin plug and that's what's on the car charger as well.

I know for certain that the tablet charges on 12V because I modified a cable from a car charger - the circuit inside contained a 12V regulator - onto a Kensington netbook charger. The only critical bit is the need to be able to provide at least 1.5A, preferably 2.0A.

I don't have the means to test it so you'll just have to believe me or wait until someone else can. ;)

Gotcha. Thanks for the follow-up.

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide
How would one get one to the United States?

So far I've only been able to find them on eBay in Europe - Italy and not on the US variant. They range in price from €62 upwards. I'm not too sure how much it would cost to get it shipped to the States.

I did find the new AOSP ROMs (CM and Liquidsmooth) do not detect the LAN connection but I am sure this will be remedied in the future. At the moment CleanRom Inheritance 2.5.3 works perfectly.

Cheers and happy Turkey Day,

Eric

Miller31415

Dec 7, 2012
Looks like CDW is carrying the dock now...

Since I'm new here I can't post the link... but you could go to cdw dot com /shop/products/ASUS-Connect-Dock-docking-station/2889038.aspx#URV

Reactions: Thats OK

LuckyStrike88

Oct 1, 2012
$90 seems awfully steep for what it is. I may end up getting this for a project in my truck to use the TF700T as a headunit, I need something to charge, steady and 3.5mm to RCA into amp. But man I hate to spend 90 on this thing, maybe Amazon will pick it up for $50 :D

We wish...it will probably sell higher if Amazon ever offers it
This isn't an easy item to find in the US.
Not sure why.

It's actually quite refreshing to be able to buy something in the EU for once, and watch as Americans have to jump through hoops to get it shipped, for triple the price. :laugh: Welcome to our world! :laugh:

matt11601

Jun 10, 2008
Anyone know if a powered USB Hub works with this? I imagine it would, but I want to be sure. Thanks.

DeeeBeee

Dec 12, 2012
USB Hub -> works perfect

Anyone know if a powered USB Hub works with this? I imagine it would, but I want to be sure. Thanks.

I use a non-powered USB hub (4 USB ports) and all ports work fine.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

When I put my tablet in the connect dock + I connect a headphone or a speaker cable to the Audio out port my TF300TG falls out.
It's like there is something like a short circuit. I tried it a few times, and each time it took me several minutes to restart the tablet. Actualy it took me almost 30 min. before I could restart the tablet.
Someone got the same issue?
When I connect the cable or hedphone directly to the headphone output on the tablet, everything is going well.

matt11601

Jun 10, 2008
When I put my tablet in the connect dock + I connect a headphone or a speaker cable to the Audio out port my TF300TG falls out.
It's like there is something like a short circuit. I tried it a few times, and each time it took me several minutes to restart the tablet. Actualy it took me almost 30 min. before I could restart the tablet.
Someone got the same issue?
When I connect the cable or hedphone directly to the headphone output on the tablet, everything is going well.

I just got the Connect Dock for my Infinity. I can test this out. Out of curiosity, could you provide some specifics on what happens so I know what to look out for? Tablet turns off? No audio through headphones? Tablet crashes?

Thanks.

Titus Black

Apr 28, 2013
Bedford
Okay, Riddle me this one Batman! I have a Logitech gamepad. I currently have the wired edition but I'm planning on buying the wireless one soon. Does anyone know if either of these will work with the dock? I really don't want to root my tablet ($600 investment you know) just to get a control pad to work. If I can buy this dock or the keyboard and get that pad to work, I'll be happy!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

acraigl

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry for the zombie post...

I just purchased this dock and was wondering how it deals with the wireless connection while hardwired. Does it automatically disable the wireless connection?

Thanks!

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide

I just purchased this dock and was wondering how it deals with the wireless connection while hardwired. Does it automatically disable the wireless connection?

Thanks!

The answer is YES however I had to change the setting in the Ethernet section of Settings - this appears when you dock - to "Keep Ethernet connection during sleep" to ON. Without this change the tablet never goes to sleep!

Enjoy the new toy!

Reactions: acraigl

acraigl

Apr 20, 2011
The answer is YES however I had to change the setting in the Ethernet section of Settings - this appears when you dock - to "Keep Ethernet connection during sleep" to ON. Without this change the tablet never goes to sleep!

Enjoy the new toy!

Thanks! I've been really missing the ability to sync and charge with the same connection. Can't believe it took me so long to discover this thing. Any idea when it first became available in the US?

Also, after some deal-hunting, I found it for $53.74 + shipping (US) if anyone is still considering it at a lower price:
http://www.rakuten.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=234872821

Enjoy the new toy!

Remember to turn it OFF before you disconnect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise it will keep running in the background, draining your tab and dock within 24h.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just took delivery of the new ASUS Connect Dock, purchased from Amazon.de for €75.15.

I also own the keyboard dock but find the latching system a bit awkward for everyday use as a desktop top docking/charging system. I'd been looking for something like this for a while. It had already been discussed in another thread and on a chance I placed the order. At the time it said that delivery would be in 4-6 weeks. I was quite surprised when I got a message to say that the item I had always thought of as "vapour-ware", was set for delivery on the 17th of October. Well, it's the 16th today and I'm happy to say it's here. :D

As you can see from the pictures below it's quite small but fits the tablet perfectly without any real drag on the plug being felt either when docking or undocking.

When I first docked I had the LAN cable and power cables plugged in and the TF700 immediately recognised the dock, connectd to the LAN via DHCP and proceeded to charge. I found that the notification bar now had a few new icons, one of which was for the LAN. Tapping this icon brought up a settings page which gave me the option to use a DHCP or Static IP connection. Once I had configured a static IP I had a button which said CONNECT appear, which when touched connected with the new parameters. All was well. :good:

I next tried to connect one of the two USB ports to my PC to see if it would be recognised but obviously they are OTG and cannot be used for a data connection for transfer of files from the PC - no fastboot or ADB. :( Connecting a USB memory key needed the use of the mount option under Settings-Storage before it would connect. The same was true for when I tried my 1Tb HardDisk. Once mounted both worked as expected. I imagine that connecting a mouse and keyboard would be a no brainer. I can't verify this or that a wireless setup would work.

It is rather expensive for what it is and has a few shortcomings - no HDMI port, no USB data pass-through - but it does do its intended job well. There is a supposed amplified audio-out port but I have not tried this yet. I have no idea whether it is connected internally via USB or directly to the headphone socket. Maybe someone in the future may open one up and check out the internals so we can know more.

Typically I like accessories and this adds to the kit nicely.

Cheers,

Eric

EDIT: I tried the USB HardDisk again and this time it was recognised immediately and opened Filemanager. I was able to watch a movie directly from the drive which I guess means that the USB ports are also powered. I'm even happier now! :D
    Does the TF700 have the ability to route HDMI through the dock connector? I mean is the wiring in place, I ask because it would seem that they would have forgone a dedicated port if so and used a modified MHL connection?

Having looked at the threads which discuss the pinout configuration for the 40pin connector I can say that it doesn't like there are any connections to HDMI available. There is no passthrough for HDMI on this dock and since it doesn't look like the connector has the pins that it would be pretty sure that it's not possible.
    Looks like CDW is carrying the dock now...

Since I'm new here I can't post the link... but you could go to cdw dot com /shop/products/ASUS-Connect-Dock-docking-station/2889038.aspx#URV
    Does it include a charger too or is it just the dock unit alone?

It's just the dock. You need to use your existing charger or buy another - eg. eBay has non-geniuine versions available for about €16.00. The one I use is similar to this.

Thanks!

Enjoy the new toy!