Make Your Own ROM's With OsKitchen, Illistrated Guide!

Search This thread

3|Saint|5

Jun 7, 2009
The Hawkeye State
hi there every1...this might be very nobby...but here it go ..
how can i do editting for the reg.file in a coocking ROM before i build it finial stage..do i need any tools for tha?t ..because i know how to go and eidte the reg from my phone by using REsco eidtor...but i don't know how to do that for a coocking ROM from the Kitchen ....thankx for the help and support

You can use any text editor to edit the reg. file.

osash2000

Apr 24, 2009
another Q to big chefs....regarding OEM....
i have download very nice app that help tp create OEM called personal OEMzir v1.3.9 that can convert cabs to OME...my Q is
is there a different if i put my apps as cba--convert ---ext, from if i put it as OEM..
Ans what is better /or different from if coocking the ROM with OEM or i take the OEM and converte it to EXT ?:confused:

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
another Q to big chefs....regarding OEM....
i have download very nice app that help tp create OEM called personal OEMzir v1.3.9 that can convert cabs to OME...my Q is
is there a different if i put my apps as cba--convert ---ext, from if i put it as OEM..
Ans what is better /or different from if coocking the ROM with OEM or i take the OEM and converte it to EXT ?:confused:
There is a featrure built into the kitchen that makes Cabs into EXT, and to your first question, you use REGEDIT, type it in Run

lostmenoggin

Jan 19, 2010
Great program so far. This is my first attempt at cooking up a ROM and I've got a noob question or two.. I'm "modding" the stock Tilt2 ROM from HTC (21849) and I only use Titanium. I want to completely remove TF3D/Manila from the ROM. I already see Manila_ATT_2_1_bunchofothernumbers in the EXT tab. Is that the only one related to TF3D or are there others I can deselect? Also, how do I know which EXT packages I need to keep in order for my phone to work properly? I also want to remove NETCF 2.0 and have it install 3.5 instead. Shouldn't be a problem since 3.5 is backwards friendly? Should I deselect 2.0 under the SYS tab, then use CAB2EXT to install 3.5 that way or does 3.5 need to be installed under SYS to work properly? If so how do I do that? Thanks a lot in advance!

ben_duder

Retired News Writer
Oct 15, 2008
Watford
Ok since I also use this kitchen I will help out a little. Aside from what you have stated above there are a couple of important things you have to do or the ROM will not boot even the stock ROM.

Make sure you Recmod the NTConfig.dll module in Notification Enhancement EXT package.

Also the ConcurrenceMgr.dll module should be recmodded but leave the ConcurrenceMgr.dll file inside the module. This is done automatically in EVK but not in this one.

Ther is a really easy way to port the new sys with a couple of tools and using the import sys function in the kitchen. This way everything gets put in the right folders and is very easy. I will post about this later today when I have more time.

Would anybody mind making some screenshots to go with these steps if they have the time? Then it can be added to the original guide :)
I would do it myself but I'm one of the ones in sore need of a comprehensive guide to cooking, so any help with this would be great.

simzz

Mar 17, 2006
Does it have to be a stock rom, or can it be a custom rom I cooked? And is this only for roms that end in .NBH or will .NBF work, too? ( I have an Apache)

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Does it have to be a stock rom, or can it be a custom rom I cooked? And is this only for roms that end in .NBH or will .NBF work, too? ( I have an Apache)
Try it and see, for the drivers (OEM) it does have to be a stock, try importing an NBF, i doubt there is much difference. i am slightly unsure as to if it would work, post your Q in the kitchen official thread
Badwolve1

accessing

May 5, 2009
LG V60 ThinQ
Ok since I also use this kitchen I will help out a little. Aside from what you have stated above there are a couple of important things you have to do or the ROM will not boot even the stock ROM.

Make sure you Recmod the NTConfig.dll module in Notification Enhancement EXT package.

Also the ConcurrenceMgr.dll module should be recmodded but leave the ConcurrenceMgr.dll file inside the module. This is done automatically in EVK but not in this one.

Ther is a really easy way to port the new sys with a couple of tools and using the import sys function in the kitchen. This way everything gets put in the right folders and is very easy. I will post about this later today when I have more time.

I'm sorry but this is not noob enough. Has this been addressed?

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Hi Badwolve1,
I tried to use OS Kitchen 1.25 from the thread you have specified for my Touch2
T3320.
I have used RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.28.707.3_Radio_Signed_61.41t.25.31_3.48.25.27_Ship for base. But when cooking, it fails at the last step (although MEGA is in the list of models), i.e. when it start combining the pieces in to nbh file, saying there is no config for this device and I need to update the device's files.
What to do? can you help.
Don't go by the number of posts I have made, I am a noob :D

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Hi Badwolve1,
T3320.
I have used RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.28.707.3_Radio_Signed_61.41t.25.31_3.48.25.27_Ship for base. But when cooking, it fails at the last step (although MEGA is in the list of models), i.e. when it start combining the pieces in to nbh file, saying there is no config for this device and I need to update the device's files.
Surely with that amount of posts, you must know something about cooking :rolleyes:
what OS are you using, are you in a ***nix using wine, only win32 works as far as i know

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Surely with that amount of posts, you must know something about cooking :rolleyes:
what OS are you using, are you in a ***nix using wine, only win32 works as far as i know

A lil bit I know... but honestly I do not consider myself as a real chef. I am using WinXP SP3.
The error message is attached.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 14

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
There is a bad address for Mega in OsKitchen,though someone solved it .

Go to main forum Oskitchen and search for "mega" you will find your answer.

Hi Badwolve1,
T3320.

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
There is a bad address for Mega in OsKitchen,though someone solved it .

Go to main forum Oskitchen and search for "mega" you will find your answer.

Thanks a lot... will see to it :)
EDIT: Got the details I needed. Thanks a lot for pointing me to the right place. And sorry for being a lazy bum :p
ROM cooked and flashed perfectly. BTW does any one know how I can change the model from T3333 to T3320 (it shows T3333 probably because the base ROM is of that model, but my model is T3320... its not necessary ... but was just wondering :) )

Last edited: