[Q] USB Tethering in Wildfire - problem

Search This thread

brongracz

Oct 4, 2010
Lodz
Tethering does not work on my WF. I tested it both with XP and Win7 machines.
They all had proper drivers installed. The computer discovers a new network but it does not offer internet connectivity. The 3g internet in the phone works just fine.

I also discovered a strange thing. If I make a hard reset (factory defaults). Tethering works, but just until first phone restart. I talked to my GSM provider - they do not block it. I could use my sim card in another nokia phone for internet too. I talked to HTC support from London and they said it could be provider issue. But not, checked. What now? Can it be so specifically broken?

I have Android 2.1 - update1. And it is Unrevoked.

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
Tethering does not work on my WF. I tested it both with XP and Win7 machines.
They all had proper drivers installed. The computer discovers a new network but it does not offer internet connectivity. The 3g internet in the phone works just fine.

I also discovered a strange thing. If I make a hard reset (factory defaults). Tethering works, but just until first phone restart. I talked to my GSM provider - they do not block it. I could use my sim card in another nokia phone for internet too. I talked to HTC support from London and they said it could be provider issue. But not, checked. What now? Can it be so specifically broken?

I have Android 2.1 - update1. And it is Unrevoked.

install wildpuzzle and use wifi teather

kokoliko

Dec 26, 2010
I've had the very same issue but now that I've got Froyo 2.2 installed, it works again! Even after rebooting the phone a couple of times. I'm actually writing this while tethering after two phone reboots (after trying tethering on the first boot) :)