[Q] E971 Optimus G fails to install custom ROM!

Search This thread

tjstreak123

Jun 1, 2013
I was able to boot into TWRP and this was the first custom rom being installed every. I messed up and wiped the stock rom and now when I try to flash a custom ROM it says "Failed" and when I try to reboot to fix this it says "NO OS INSTALLED ARE YOU SURE?" If I reboot to recovery will it boot to recovery or fail? Please help. I tried to find link to stock roms but download links are broken

What do I do now? Is there a way to fix this?
I cannot put files onto do the SDcard unless I adb push which I did but still fail!

tjstreak123

Jun 1, 2013
Yes! I managed to find a ROM that works! The AOSP Geeb KitKat 4.4 houstonn v3! The first time I flashed it it got stuck into the google boot loop. Then flashed it again and it worked!
If anyone has a problem with your model being "geehrc4g" and not wanting to install other roms get the rom at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509457

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
In twrp after selecting the custom rom zip
Did you remove check box ..where it shows verification (click on it )

After that ...Try to flash ROM by swiping
I am not familiar with TWRP options, but I believe you are talking about package signature verification, which is a completely different thing...

Can someone explain what I need to edit in the update-script file for it in order to flash a rom?
One of the first few lines of the script usually has a device type verification. It may be the assert check, or a different syntax (looking for certain build.prop properties), but it's pretty obvious. You just need to remove that one line, so the script doesn't check for your device model.

I don't have a specific example handy right now to show you, but it's been discussed many times before. Just try searching for "remove assert" or similar.

Please note that if, by removing this check, you manage to flash something totally incompatible with your device and royally screw it up, it's your fault, and your problem. :p

Last edited:

naveenii1991

Jul 1, 2012
I am not familiar with TWRP options, but I believe you are talking about package signature verification, which is a completely different thing...

One of the first few lines of the script usually has a device type verification. It may be the assert check, or a different syntax (looking for certain build.prop properties), but it's pretty obvious. You just need to remove that one line, so the script doesn't check for your device model.

I don't have a specific example handy right now to show you, but it's been discussed many times before. Just try searching for "remove assert" or similar.

Please note that if, by removing this check, you manage to flash something totally incompatible with your device and royally screw it up, it's your fault, and your problem. :p

Tks for letting me know the imp of signature ....
I screwed a mobile once upon a time and it was APPLE IPHONE and got New one too :p and never did again :D

tjstreak123

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks everyone. So I can flash a e973 ROM on e971? Both Canadian models

The script starts with;
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "e975" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "e975" || abort("This package is for \"e975\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."); );

I delete that whole thing? Even though it has two semi colons at the end or is one of the semi colons for the abort function and one of the whole assert function?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In twrp after selecting the custom rom zip
    Did you remove check box ..where it shows verification (click on it )

After that ...Try to flash ROM by swiping

Can someone explain what I need to edit in the update-script file for it in order to flash a rom?