wifi tab not getting enable

Search This thread

yuvee0000

Mar 22, 2014
Hi, I have samsung tab 2 gt-p3100 with android version 4.1.2 screen shot attached. And it is rooted. Also I had installed linux deployment tool and kali linux on my tablet. Once I was trying for apt-get upgrade but file sige was big so I had trying with wifi with adhoc network but it was unable to detect. So I had google it and download some file wpa_supplicant and try, (replace in system> bin folder and try to o pen with txt shows elf)
But still not works. Then found some misc folder wpa_supplicant configuration some command add but still not work.
Now next day I found wifi router and try to turning on my wifi but when I am trying it comes back and turning on written comes nothing happen .
Deleted the command added in misc folder wpa_supplicant. Conf file then also same problem.

Pl help I dont want to format and upgrade as some legal document and some recording proof is there which is as per fsl. So pl help urgently.
T hanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-05-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-05-22.png
    115 KB · Views: 5,633
  • Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-03-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-03-40.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,595
Last edited:

yuvee0000

Mar 22, 2014
Hi, I have samsung tab 2 gt-p3100 with android version 4.1.2 screen shot attached. And it is rooted. Also I had installed linux deployment tool and kali linux on my tablet. Once I was trying for apt-get upgrade but file sige was big so I had trying with wifi with adhoc network but it was unable to detect. So I had google it and download some file wpa_supplicant and try, (replace in system> bin folder and try to o pen with txt shows elf)
But still not works. Then found some misc folder wpa_supplicant configuration some command add but still not work.
Now next day I found wifi router and try to turning on my wifi but when I am trying it comes back and turning on written comes nothing happen .
Deleted the command added in misc folder wpa_supplicant. Conf file then also same problem.

Pl help I dont want to format and upgrade as some legal document and some recording proof is there which is as per fsl. So pl help urgently.
T hanks.

Pl help

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Adhoc WIFI Support in Jellybean

This is really hard to tell you that you might have to factory reset your tablet again(AFAIK) as you have done some experiments with wpa_supplicant.conf. I did the same earlier on my tab and got the same issue. Android versions above Gingerbread(2.3) + doesn't support adhoc networks(WEP) as far as i know or else if you still wanna use it or can stay without adhoc networks,,,i can extract the file wpa_supplicant for you and post it here. In that case you just need to push it to system/etc/wifi and set permisions to (wrrwrrwrr) using root explorer or any app with a capability of rooting privileges.

Last edited:

yuvee0000

Mar 22, 2014
This is really hard to tell you that you might have to factory reset your tablet again(AFAIK) as you have done some experiments with wpa_supplicant.conf. I did the same earlier on my tab and got the same issue. Android versions above Gingerbread(2.3) + doesn't support adhoc networks(WEP) as far as i know or else if you still wanna use it or can stay without adhoc networks,,,i can extract the file wpa_supplicant for you and post it here. In that case you just need to push it to system/etc/wifi and set permisions to (wrrwrrwrr) using root explorer or any app with a capability of rooting privileges.

Thanks lokesh. Pl send me even you can send on my whatsup to 9558604061 .
Curther I did not make any changes in that file but system/bin/wpa_supplicant and data/mics file but you can send all three . I will try .

Shivankar Gupta

Jul 6, 2014
Upload again please

Hey Lokesh,

The file has been removed or such eror on dropbox. :mad:

Could you upload the file on dropbox again and post a link? :good:

Thanks a ton
Shivankar

Shivankar Gupta

Jul 6, 2014
Dear Yuvee

Here are the screen shots.

Wifi stays like that for a lot of time then the slider goes to the off position but the page still shows the same "Turning on..." message!

I'm sick of it.

Regards
Shivankar

Last edited:

Shivankar Gupta

Jul 6, 2014
Samsung bi*ches!

So last weekend I went to this Samsung service center

Those b****es are asking for 5700 for fixing the wifi up!

That's what's the value of a 2nd hand tab 2 in the market mofos!

Pissed me off bad!

Any help brothers?

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Dear Yuvee

Here are the screen shots.

Wifi stays like that for a lot of time then the slider goes to the off position but the page still shows the same "Turning on..." message!

I'm sick of it.

Regards
Shivankar

This same thing just started happening on my son's P5113 10.1 tab 2. Can't figure it out. Not sure if he dropped it or laid on it or what. Just started today and I've odined the stock software, the latest update, and tried different kernels. Nothing has worked. Please help if you can.