[Q] "wingray" ClockworkMod?

Search This thread

Dougrun

Dec 3, 2011
thanks tutech, at least my status 6 error is gone, now i have the Status 7 error mentioned previously. I'll try that fix.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

tutech's file, plus deleting the status 7 error lines whatsamod posted works.

removed sd card
power on, android recovery
CWM 4.0x: update from zip file

boots into ICS! thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

well, scratch that, its booting all right, but its in a boot loop, just an endless pretty boot animation, over and over.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

ok, so now I have my wifi xoom, with a corrupt ICS and doing a factory reset doesnt help.
I have CWM 4.0.0.4 and can boot into recovery but for some reason, it wont see my SD card so I cant ask it to load anything new or restore the GB backup that I have on the SD card.

Any thoughts?

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
thanks tutech, at least my status 6 error is gone, now i have the Status 7 error mentioned previously. I'll try that fix.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

tutech's file, plus deleting the status 7 error lines whatsamod posted works.

removed sd card
power on, android recovery
CWM 4.0x: update from zip file

boots into ICS! thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

well, scratch that, its booting all right, but its in a boot loop, just an endless pretty boot animation, over and over.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

ok, so now I have my wifi xoom, with a corrupt ICS and doing a factory reset doesnt help.
I have CWM 4.0.0.4 and can boot into recovery but for some reason, it wont see my SD card so I cant ask it to load anything new or restore the GB backup that I have on the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Get the file for cwm 3.2.0.0 and flash it via fastboot. Then try again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

henryhu

Jul 21, 2010
New York
can someone post the zip file they used please, that would be a great help.

I'm getting the same error code 7...

EDIT:

OK, found a solution for those of us that are receiving the Stop code 7. In the script file, along with making the changes to the start of the file like indicated in the first page you need to remove these additional lines:

set_progress(0.947971);
assert(apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/boot:8388608:4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c:8388608:1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7"));

you can find these in lines 785 & 786 if you open the script with Notepad++

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don't try this! Don't remove any apply_patch_check lines!

This is an incremental update, so it needs to verify that the original files are OK and then patches them.
If you failed the check of the "boot" partition, then it means that you have modified it (Mostly caused by "rooting"...). If you insist on removing the checks and applying the update, it would patch them wrongly(without error messages!), and then the contents would be corrupted. So after the update, your boot partition is ruined, and it would fail to boot!

You may flash back to original "boot" partition to solve the problem.

For the check of getprop, that's safe to remove, since your real system is "wingray" which satisfies the check. It's just that CWM reports your system as "stingray" which fails the check.

Last edited:

doughnut1

Jul 29, 2011
Iam not convinced its linked to boot image.

I have a stock HTK75D on a wifi Xoom, all i've added was the recovery image from Rogue, which I installed from fastboot.

Its drops out of the procedure when checking that final assert line sdhci.

I also concur with Henry, that remove this line will give you a boot loop of ICS

Last edited:

tutech

Mar 1, 2009
Boca Raton, FL

Any thoughts?

Follow what I said (CWR 3.2.0.0 plus all the rest I said) or try to use stachre all in one CWR update.zip he posted: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446469

Last edited:

zytho

Sep 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Thanks!

Awesome instructions... Works like a charm. :)

Here's the file that I modified and used sucessfully to flash in CWR 3.2.0.0 from my US WiFi Xoom 3.2.1 HTK75D to 4.0.3 IML77:

Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28227060/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip
4Shared Mirror: http://www.4shared.com/zip/VNNIA0J2/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-fr.html

I had my HTK75D build completely stock with the exception of the Tiamat 2.1.0 kernel so I could overclock, so I needed to flash the stock Motorola/Google system and boot images. I used fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash system system.img from this thread to achieve that without needing to go all the way back to wiped clean stock ROM/stock recovery and that way I could upgrade my system and keep all of my apps and settings intact. I had to fastbook to stock 3.2 HTJ85B then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK55D then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK75D. Then fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img from the Universal Xoom root thread and boot into CWM to flash the CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip and now on IML77 =) Just needed to root it again with the Universal Xoom root.

rmm989

Jan 13, 2012
Worked flawlessly, thanks!

Here's the file that I modified and used sucessfully to flash in CWR 3.2.0.0 from my US WiFi Xoom 3.2.1 HTK75D to 4.0.3 IML77:

Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28227060/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip
4Shared Mirror: http://www.4shared.com/zip/VNNIA0J2/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-fr.html

I had my HTK75D build completely stock with the exception of the Tiamat 2.1.0 kernel so I could overclock, so I needed to flash the stock Motorola/Google system and boot images. I used fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash system system.img from this thread to achieve that without needing to go all the way back to wiped clean stock ROM/stock recovery and that way I could upgrade my system and keep all of my apps and settings intact. I had to fastbook to stock 3.2 HTJ85B then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK55D then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK75D. Then fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img from the Universal Xoom root thread and boot into CWM to flash the CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip and now on IML77 =) Just needed to root it again with the Universal Xoom root.

Dougrun

Dec 3, 2011
thanks, went to cwm 3.2, recovered to backup, flashed stachre's all in one and it works great.

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
Don't try this! Don't remove any apply_patch_check lines!

This is an incremental update, so it needs to verify that the original files are OK and then patches them.
If you failed the check of the "boot" partition, then it means that you have modified it (Mostly caused by "rooting"...). If you insist on removing the checks and applying the update, it would patch them wrongly(without error messages!), and then the contents would be corrupted. So after the update, your boot partition is ruined, and it would fail to boot!

You may flash back to original "boot" partition to solve the problem.

For the check of getprop, that's safe to remove, since your real system is "wingray" which satisfies the check. It's just that CWM reports your system as "stingray" which fails the check.

I do agree with you that its a dangerous what I'm suggesting but if you've covered all your bases of returning to a stock kernel and not having a custom ROM when you'll attempt the update you should be fine... it worked for me.

Plus that segment is just a check point just as the two lines we removed at the beginning of the script.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

since you are using CWM recovery you can modify the OTA package without worrying the signature issue.

so,

1) extract the zip package to a folder.
    2) open META-INF/com/google/android/
    3) use any text editor you have to edit the updater-script file.
    4) remove the assert statement
    5) repack the folder into a zip package

then flash it with CWM recovery, and it will probably work

====
    didn't see you following posts. nvm
    UPDATE

For all those trying, this works!!!! Just flashed, no issues. Thanks kerry_xu_cs!

make sure you delete from the semicolon after the mount section, all the way to the semicolon prior to the ui_print section...

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Can you upload your modified updater-script file?

don't have the ability to upload this file...may put on dropbox later on. just to sum it up though, this is what your first line should look like....

"mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/system", "/system");
    ui_print("Verifying current system...");
    show_progress(0.100000, 0);
    assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk",
    After deleting those lines
    Code:
    assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/tervigon/wingray:3.2.1/HTK75D/190830:user/release-keys" ||
           file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/tervigon/wingray:4.0.3/IML77/239789:user/release-keys");
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
           getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

The update process runs on and stops at this line
    Code:
    assert(apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/boot:8388608:4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c:8388608:1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7"));

I don't know if the script tries to modify the boot loader, I'm not a Android expert at all, however IMO, it seems it's going to happen.

If I would remove those lines, too, the update script should run fine, I guess (FYI, I didn't continue here, I just looked into the script file for similar, tegra.3, lines):
    Code:
    ui_print("Patching boot image...");
    apply_patch("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/boot:8388608:4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c:8388608:1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7",
                "-", 1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7, 8388608,
                4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c, package_extract_file("patch/boot.img.p"));
    So can I remove this single line, too or will I encounter serious problems afterwards? E.g. no booting anymore?

Michael

Edit: I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0 and have chosen "apply update from sdcard" menu item...

EDIT: Don't remove those mentioned lines with tegra.3 as this will result in a boot loop as it did just here ;-(
    For all those trying, this works!!!! Just flashed, no issues. Thanks kerry_xu_cs!

Can you upload your modified updater-script file?