[ROM]^[CodeName:Android]^[4.0.4]^[4.29.12] Alpha 2 test

Do you want me to Continue Building CnA and Other Roms Like this From Source?

• Total voters
Search This thread
The boot animation is a little creepy at 2 am, but nice job.

ROM is running well. Very much like AOKP (what a surprise) but I think I like AOKP better as of now for a few of the extra features (holding back button to kill an app, weather options, brightness slider in notification tray). But I hear that the battery life is better on CNA so I may stay if this is true.

Edit: My 4G speeds are better than ever. But if I want to change my modem anyways, can I flash any modem or does it have to be a special AOSP version?
Edit2: My touch keys aren't lighting up. Is this a bug or intended?

Working on building better boot animation, hold back is in developers options, weather I think it's diff, slider i thought was there. Idk thought it took too much room, flash modems like any other, they aren't included, so pick a good one, touch keys are a bit buggy but work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: iniz94

ShortFlip

Mar 30, 2008
So. Cal
For anyone that cares I am having stellar battery life on the 4/18 build so far. At 25 hours with 17% left.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335107788532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335107788532.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: keebler021

ShortFlip

Mar 30, 2008
So. Cal
Coming from CM9 A3 I could only manage to get 10-12 hours on average. This is a major step up.

dweeze87

Oct 22, 2011
Columbus
J.L., I checked into the Codename forums elsewhere and it seems that Codename has not released any builds in a couple of days? It seems the git is only running automatic builds daily. Will this bring our development to a halt?

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
How does this ROM compare to AOKP? I'm trying to find a daily driver, I was on CM9 but the battery life sucks, and there aren't any features yet.

dweeze87

Oct 22, 2011
Columbus
How does this ROM compare to AOKP? I'm trying to find a daily driver, I was on CM9 but the battery life sucks, and there aren't any features yet.

I am bias because ever since Erick dropped this when AOKP was released, I have been running this. I have heard battery life is better on Codename but I don't have anything to compare it to. Off the first charge in Alpha 1, I am at 24 hours, hour and a half of screen time and I am sitting at 44%. So hopefully that will give you an idea of battery life and always off first charge, when I hit 100%, I do a battery pull for five minutes because that is what I have been told to do when flashing a new rom to calibrate battery. I tried to download a screenshot but it's not uploading.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
I am bias because ever since Erick dropped this when AOKP was released, I have been running this. I have heard battery life is better on Codename but I don't have anything to compare it to. Off the first charge in Alpha 1, I am at 24 hours, hour and a half of screen time and I am sitting at 44%. So hopefully that will give you an idea of battery life and always off first charge, when I hit 100%, I do a battery pull for five minutes because that is what I have been told to do when flashing a new rom to calibrate battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

When you flash a new ROM, pull the battery for five minutes after charging to 100%? Never heard that one before.

Top Liked Posts