[DROPPED][CM9][NIGHTLYS][Last build 31/05/12] Cyanogenmod 9 (almost) nightlys

Search This thread

Cosmo123

May 19, 2010
Benjamin, it's amazing how much time and money you spend to bring us these builds! Thanks is just not enough. How can I donate some money to you? If it's in your sig I'll see it when I get home, am on tapatalk right now. If not please give me your PayPal or something :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: benjamingwynn

SanderTheNinja

Feb 19, 2012
lelystad, NL
If I install new update, do I have to wipe everything? Because I don't want to partition again... *sigh*

EDIT: I found the way to install without partitioning. Install data2sd on your partitioned card, and then install gapps.

Last edited:
Reactions: benjamingwynn

suchy19

Feb 16, 2010
Kraków
i don't know if anybody already said it .. but i can't create facebook account to sync contacts;(

p.s sorry for my english:p

SanderTheNinja

Feb 19, 2012
lelystad, NL
i don't know if anybody already said it .. but i can't create facebook account to sync contacts;(

p.s sorry for my english:p

Have you tried installing the official facebook app? When you login, there is a screen that asks wether you want to sync or not?

@benjamin: Maybe you could add a file manager in the next update?

Last edited:

suchy19

Feb 16, 2010
Kraków
Have you tried installing the official facebook app? When you login, there is a screen that asks wether you want to sync or not?

yes, it's a official facebook app, but it doesn't show anything when starting. i tried create account manually in "accounts and sync", but nothing happens

visavon

Oct 27, 2011
also see FAQ section lot's of help there
and it's not for daily use :(
just chill wait have a play and thank the dev's for there time and effort :beer:

Sent from my Wildfire S using XDA

tjackbjorn

Jan 24, 2012
Falun
I have a problem, when I have flashed the CM9 rom and try to boot, my device just stuck on the HTC logo. Why? (sorry for bad english!) I've tried all the things in the FAQ.

Sik-1

Oct 28, 2009
Brooklyn
Ben, thanks for talking to mod punk and doing me a favour :) Waiting for new updates.

But what I hate is that eog and fixed nearly every bug for cm9 but modpunk doesn't want that we copied files from other cm9 roms.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Wildfire S A510e mit Tapatalk

So why don't you and eog release your ROM together and give credit, then we can work on camera unless you guys went and took care of that also:D

Sent from my Wildfire S using XDA

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Benjamin, it's amazing how much time and money you spend to bring us these builds! Thanks is just not enough. How can I donate some money to you? If it's in your sig I'll see it when I get home, am on tapatalk right now. If not please give me your PayPal or something :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

If you could donate that would be great! The link for donations is in my sig now ;)

If I install new update, do I have to wipe everything?

No, you don't - It says in the FAQ

Nope, I can't - if it's not added by CM then I don't really want to change it - keep it as stock as possible, I'm sure I will make a custom CM9 ROM when I think it's stable enough, just not now...

People people stick to the rules. DONT REPORT ANY BUGS.

Exactly, wasn't putting it in big red text enough for you people?

I have a problem, when I have flashed the CM9 rom and try to boot, my device just stuck on the HTC logo. Why? (sorry for bad english!) I've tried all the things in the FAQ.

Do you? That's nice - I also have a problem where people can not follow basic instructions to not report bugs. If it doesn't work thats tough. Work it out for your self I always do.

Yeah I know, was not for "reporting the bug" I just want a answer for my problem... so I can test it.

You are not "testing it" you are going to be using it and if you don't like it you don't keep it. We don't want "testers" we want "users who don't complain" - Nothing needs testing, we know what won't work.

Okay. Wipe everything hand re-install?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA

Don't help somebody who doesn't try at all. Tell him to work it out for himself. Tell him to use Google, find out what normally causes these problems, learn C and patch some of modpunks work or even just build his own CM.

It's your problem, not ours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development and builds for this project have been dropped. Please check for newer ROMs if you wish for updates, etc.

Cyanogenmod 9 (almost) nighlys
    The latest from modpunk and the Cyanogenmod team: compiled by me

After creating my guide for compiling CM9 I have decided to do regular builds of CM9 from modpunks git for people to use.

Heres what doesn't work:

- Nexus live wallpaper is too big (CM's fault)
    - YouTube doesn't work correctly

Credits to modpunk (for porting cm9 in the first place) and his credits (alquez, Droste, PabloPL and WinSuk) as well as dudeman1996 and eougan for helping me out :)

Download builds here
    (last build 24/04/12)

Download gapps packages here

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT ANY PROBLEMS TO ME - REPORT PROBLEMS HERE

This is not offically supported by me or CM and we wont take bug reports - This is not my work.
    Build history

Build 05: 31/05/12 (benjamingwynn)
    - LOADS of changes by modpunk & co
    - Theme stuff
    - New music app
    - Weather on lockscreen
    - LOADS more changes by the CM team.

loads of other builds that I forgot to put here are skipped - because im lazy

Build 03: 23/04/12 (benjamingwynn)
    - Camera fixed (modpunk & droste)
    - Battery life improved (modpunk)
    - Updated version to 4.0.4 (modpunk)
    - Updated video playback (modpunk)
    - Other various fixes and tweaks (modpunk & droste)

Build 02: 21/04/12 (benjamingwynn)
    turned on marvelc and marvelct support
    added normal stuff from CM9 nighly builds
    fixed red border stuff
    update config and switch to cyanogen_msm7227_defconfig

Build 01: 19/04/12 (benjamingwynn)
    first public build of cm9
    A better faq...

Q. Did you get permission to do this
    A. Yes
    Q. <something> doesnt work
    A. Go away.
    Q. Wheres gapps
    A. In the OP
    Q. Does <something> work?
    A. Does it say it doesn't work?
    Q. The homebutton and lockscreen dont work
    A. Use factory reset AFTER installing rom.
    Q. I don't have Android Market, etc.
    A. Flash the gapps package in the OP
    Q. What does OP mean?
    A. Original Post (first post on the thread)
    Q. Your signiture is too big, could you make it smaller?
    A. No.
    Q. Did you make CM9?
    A. No the Cyanogenmod team did.
    Q. Did you port CM9?
    A. No, modpunk did.
    Q. What do you do then?
    A. I provide regular builds for CM for normal people who wish not to compile it themselves.
    Q. Okay then, whens the next build?
    A. When modpunk updates his git to include a new fixed thing, and after he has finished his port and it fully-works I will compile on a weekly/semi-weekly basis.
    Q. Why does it say benjamin@superlaptop in the kernel information
    A. Because I compiled it, my name is Benjamin and my laptop is super for doing so. I will however be renaming superlaptop to something more awesome for the next build
    Q. What are your compiling specs?
    A. An Intel first-gen i5 quad core laptop @ ~2.8ghz with 4GB DDR3 RAM
    Q. Don't you have a other machines you could compile on?
    A. Yes.
    Q. Why don't you use them?
    A. My laptop is the fastest of compiling out of my two desktops.
    Q. Can we use the new CM build servers?
    A. No, we can't.
    Q. Can I compile myself?
    A. Yes, see this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604076
    Q. Market and Gmail dont open after installing a nighly
    A. Reflash Gapps.
    Q. Can I flash the latest nightly over my current CM9 install to get the bug fixes?
    A. Yes. Just don't wipe data and you will keep all your apps and settings! (you will need to reflash gapps)
    Here you go guys, amy.sh (the script for automated compiling, uploading and commenting) is working now.

Heres a list on changes:

- Camera fixed (modpunk & droste)
    - Battery life improved (modpunk)
    - Updated version to 4.0.4 (modpunk)
    - Updated video playback (modpunk)
    - Other various fixes and tweaks (modpunk & droste)
    - updated apn-conf file (thelegbra) To be included in next A.N. (almost nighly)

- DONT BOTHER REPORTING ANY PROBLEM TO ME, MODPUNK OR ANY OF MY CREDITS
    - I DID NOT CODE THIS CM9 PORT MODPUNK DID
    - I CODE THE SCRIPT FOR COMPILING CM9 AUTOMATICALLY AND PUBLISHING IT
    - I COMPILE CM9 OUT OF MY OWN FREE TIME
    I have built myself a little script called amy.sh - this allows automatic logging, syncing, compiling and even uploading of CM9.

I will release another almost nighly now, from what I can see heres whats changed:

Possible camera fix
    - modpunk
    Possible USB mounting fix - benjamingwynn
    More governors - modpunk
    Default govenor as default - modpunk

Me and modpunk are not working together on anything, this is how the system works with the automatic compiler:

I find error in compiling or something I could change -> I post to my cm9-marvel-flaming-fixes repo -> the automatic builder (amy.sh) downloads all the files from CM9 it needs -> amy.sh downloads all the files from modpunk it needs -> amy.sh overwrights modpunks stuff with whatever I changed from flaming fixes -> compile -> log -> upload