[App] Face Unlock for TW 4.0.4

Search This thread

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
As we all notice with the new exciting 4.0.4 release for the SGT-10.1, Face unlock is not available for unlocking the tab!

I have taken the liberty to modify the ICS-04292012-gapps to include Facelock.apk without all the rest of the gapps. So BIG THANKS to the CM team for the zip and the components outside of the facelock.apk. The facelock.apk came from my SGS3 and works perfect on my tab.

Instructions:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT OCCUR FROM FLASHING THIS! BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING, YOU THE USER ABSOLVE ME FROM ANY DAMAGES THAT MIGHT INCUR FROM YOU INSTALLING!!

1: MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!
2: DID YOU MAKE A BACKUP?
3: ARE YOU SURE YOU MADE A BACKUP!
4: Download the zip http://www.mediafire.com/?pps4d43jmpoyjc4
5: Flash with CWM
6: Reboot
7: Check settings>security>screen lock

This has been tested only on the P7510. Once more people download and report back, I can say if it works with other variants of the 10.1 series.

Confirm working by RavenY2K3 that it works on P7500. He had to clear extra space on the /system partition to have it running.

Last edited:

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Thanks for the upload dude, alas it doesn't work on the P7500, states that it cannot start face unlock.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Really? Not sure why it wouldn't work since the tabs are almost identical. Your on the Italian build right?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Scratch that, I delved a little into the system and it appears the amount of space in the ROM partition wasn't enough, it didn't give any errors on flashing to say there wasn't enough but I moved a few things around manually and reflashed the file.... Working perfectly now, thanks again for your work dude ;)

Reactions: nakedninja42

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Scratch that, I delved a little into the system and it appears the amount of space in the ROM partition wasn't enough, it didn't give any errors on flashing to say there wasn't enough but I moved a few things around manually and reflashed the file.... Working perfectly now, thanks again for your work dude ;)

Awesome, glad to hear its working, thanks for posting about the space.... makes me wonder if thats why they removed it in the first place =O

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Awesome, glad to hear its working, thanks for posting about the space.... makes me wonder if thats why they removed it in the first place =O

What's needed is to get someone with a 7500 who flashed with PC Odin to see if they have had the same issue I just had, I did it with the mobile version and those people who did the same have found that the hidden.img didn't flash, so some apps weren't available after flashing.

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
What's needed is to get someone with a 7500 who flashed with PC Odin to see if they have had the same issue I just had, I did it with the mobile version and those people who did the same have found that the hidden.img didn't flash, so some apps weren't available after flashing.

Good call, I flashed with Mobile ODIN as well for the P7510 but I remove so much bloat I don't even think about space anymore.

degreatone

Dec 26, 2009
Katsina

Can someone guide on which file to remove from system partion and how pls? Will love to have this work on my p7500, Am kind of noob :)
Thanks

Reactions: nabicat

666satyr666

Feb 15, 2012
flash it on my 7500 stock ICS (LQ8) but it didn't work pal
now i'm trying Toldo's rom so i can use face recog's

Matslappy

Jul 21, 2012
Plano
This works great on Tasks ICS. I removed a few useless apps with titanium backup and it works great!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

jipils

Apr 14, 2008
Hi, I installed the application on my gtab 10.1v with official ics rom 4.04.
The application starts normally, but written "impossible to start face unlock", the part where the face is incere stay black.Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we all notice with the new exciting 4.0.4 release for the SGT-10.1, Face unlock is not available for unlocking the tab!

I have taken the liberty to modify the ICS-04292012-gapps to include Facelock.apk without all the rest of the gapps. So BIG THANKS to the CM team for the zip and the components outside of the facelock.apk. The facelock.apk came from my SGS3 and works perfect on my tab.

Instructions:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT OCCUR FROM FLASHING THIS! BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING, YOU THE USER ABSOLVE ME FROM ANY DAMAGES THAT MIGHT INCUR FROM YOU INSTALLING!!

1: MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!
    2: DID YOU MAKE A BACKUP?
    3: ARE YOU SURE YOU MADE A BACKUP!
    4: Download the zip http://www.mediafire.com/?pps4d43jmpoyjc4
    5: Flash with CWM
    6: Reboot
    7: Check settings>security>screen lock

This has been tested only on the P7510. Once more people download and report back, I can say if it works with other variants of the 10.1 series.

Confirm working by RavenY2K3 that it works on P7500. He had to clear extra space on the /system partition to have it running.
    Thanks for the upload dude, alas it doesn't work on the P7500, states that it cannot start face unlock.

Really? Not sure why it wouldn't work since the tabs are almost identical. Your on the Italian build right?

Man, thanx for it!

Working on my P7510!

Can someone guide on which file to remove from system partion and how pls? Will love to have this work on my p7500, Am kind of noob :)
    Thanks