[THEME] Droid 1 Theme

Search This thread

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
Was missing my old D1 look, so I decided to port it over. Added the D1 lock to 2.45 only. Creds go to ghostlypickel for the pngs.

2.45 link: http://droid2files.com/themes/droid1_theme_2.45.zip

2.2.20 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qljn7weqog5fkb1

I'm not responsible for whatever happens to your phone. Do a backup and use at your own risk!!

Installation

1. Download file and place on the root of your SD card.
2. Use Koush's Bootstrapper to reboot into recovery.
3. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard.
4. Install D1 Theme.
5. Enjoy!

cap2010101120031.jpg

cap201009211521.jpg

cap201009211525.jpg

Last edited:

ecnahc

Sep 4, 2010
i've been waiting for this! before i complain, i'd like to thank you, i'm such a huge fan of the stock android interface, the new blur stuff was making my eyes bleed..

is there any way i can exclude this from installing the droid 1 sms/mms app[mms.apk]? i'm using the modified sms app that comes with the epic rom and installing this theme messes seems to break it.

ecnahc

Sep 4, 2010
something to note- i used 7zip to browse through the theme zip and noticed a conversations.apk.

the interesting thing is that before installing your theme, the 'text messaging' app[conversations.apk] works.
after installing, i notice that there is an mms.apk. i used root explorer to rename it to .bak and the 'messaging' app that appeared after installing your theme disappeared.
but whenever i open 'text messaging' it just closes. no FC no error, it just closes.

burkechrs1

Aug 26, 2010
Try reinstalling the conversations to apk by clicking it in root explorer. I got my terminal emulator to work when it was doing the same thing by doing that

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
i've been waiting for this! before i complain, i'd like to thank you, i'm such a huge fan of the stock android interface, the new blur stuff was making my eyes bleed..

is there any way i can exclude this from installing the droid 1 sms/mms app[mms.apk]? i'm using the modified sms app that comes with the epic rom and installing this theme messes seems to break it.

Sure, just open the zip file and navigate to /system/app. In there you will want to delete conversations.apk

I actually didn't even notice it was different. I will add the stock conversation.apk later. Thanks for the info

Last edited:

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
something to note- i used 7zip to browse through the theme zip and noticed a conversations.apk.

the interesting thing is that before installing your theme, the 'text messaging' app[conversations.apk] works.
after installing, i notice that there is an mms.apk. i used root explorer to rename it to .bak and the 'messaging' app that appeared after installing your theme disappeared.
but whenever i open 'text messaging' it just closes. no FC no error, it just closes.

Where did you see mms.apk? If you go to /system/app inside the zip file, there is no mms.apk... It must've came from whatever ROM you're using.

ecnahc

Sep 4, 2010
Where did you see mms.apk? If you go to /system/app inside the zip file, there is no mms.apk... It must've came from whatever ROM you're using.

yea i think i may be mixed up. i have to do some testing, i'll report back.
i also noticed that putting this theme on top of the epic rom makes doubles of a couple apps.
for example, now there are two music players. when you try to open either, it asks what you'd like to complete the actoin with, 'com.android.music' or 'com.google.android.music'

i'll compile whatever errors i can find for you and report back

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
yea i think i may be mixed up. i have to do some testing, i'll report back.
i also noticed that putting this theme on top of the epic rom makes doubles of a couple apps.
for example, now there are two music players. when you try to open either, it asks what you'd like to complete the actoin with, 'com.android.music' or 'com.google.android.music'

i'll compile whatever errors i can find for you and report back

These themes are built for stock droid 2 after rooted and deodexed... I don't make them specific for any ROM's. If you're installing over a ROM, you're bound to run into problems.

Last edited:

ecnahc

Sep 4, 2010
Yep, sorry. Would be too much work to do for each ROM.

with some slight modifications i got it working flawlessly. i ended up using the theme porter to modify the sms app included in epic's rom to be themed to the stock conversation app included in you rom.

if anyone is interested i'll post it.

DGalt11

Oct 30, 2009
I'm assuming this has the Stock D1 icons (the ones in stock android 2.0-2.2)?

Is there any way I can extract those icons and put them in another theme?