[Q] Replace stock Samsung in-call UI

Search This thread

Nicnivian

Sep 5, 2014
Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after] :(

IzZYJr

Aug 25, 2014
You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after] :(

You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.
No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.

Nicnivian

Sep 5, 2014
No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.

Grabbed the incall.apk from Alliance ROM and replaced the one in my phone, but no love. It had no interface and I had to shut down the device to end the call.

There must be other dependencies. Ah well... Guess it's not do'able. Thanks for all the help anyway!